CPR Certification

I don't see this happening. The only way I can really see this being implemented is if CIV CPR would only extend the timer by a minute maybe and can only be done every 5ish? minutes so they can't just sit there and extend someone's life for a unreasonable amount of time before going to the light.

I could've swore there was another topic about this same subject but I can't seem to find it. I'm pretty sure the outcome of that topic was something along the lines of, they don't want people to just sit there and constantly do CPR just to extend a friends timer. But hey, now that CPR has been out a while now maybe thoughts on this has changed.

• 3 months later...

Would it be possible to have a few of us CPR certified? I love the EMTs on the server and are usually quick to respond. But I have had one time where I could only wait to die and another where I was around the block from the hospital/fire station near Sandy shores with another player. Maybe it could be a class or license to pay for that would allow players to move and revive downed players? Maybe with very low health?

That makes complete sense but it's also very unrealistic that a police officer can't do anything at all. Obviously if EMTs are on they should be first but on the rare occasion when no EMS are available a cop should be able to pick up the person. Or Maybe even just move them to their vehicle so they can be taken to a hospital. I understand the "value of life" but sometimes you ride you bike into a pole and you die.

23 minutes ago, Dimsumyo618 said:

Obviously if EMTs are on they should be first but on the rare occasion when no EMS are available a cop should be able to pick up the person

It used to be like that but again value your life its also no realistic that a cop revives you either they are not trained for that.... Let's face it shit happens you just have to deal with it

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Thorgs said:

its also no realistic that a cop revives you either they are not trained for that

It depends on the state in which a person receives their training as a police officer. Some states do require training and certification in CPR and they offer it to their candidates through the academy. Some even take it a step further and require re-certification every 2 years while in service. However most states that require an officer to be trained do not require them to actually perform CPR or any first aid when arriving on scene. Most often times they are instructed to administer first aid to the best of their ability. The reason they are not required, however, is to protect them from unknown life-threatening diseases or bacteria that any individual may have and to save them from any liabilities in potential lawsuits.

I agree that a police officer wouldn't have the capabilities to completely revive someone but they could (and should) have the capabilities to administer CPR if they chose to do so. Allowing the LSPD to have this option would keep it realistic and still prioritize the EMS to do their job.

Civilians that are trained in CPR / First Aid, etc, are most often times retired professionals in a field that required it. Law enforcement, medical, military, etc. You do not see too many civilians, outside of these professions, who take the initiative to go and learn such skills.

4 hours ago, Saja Kain said:

I agree that a police officer wouldn't have the capabilities to completely revive someone but they could (and should) have the capabilities to administer CPR if they chose to do so. Allowing the LSPD to have this option would keep it realistic and still prioritize the EMS to do their job.

This has been put thru a lot of debate it isn't going to change on the server. Hence value your life when you can and Police do help stabilize if we're on the scene but EMS has calls to you can't save everyone so sometimes you just have to go to the light.