Locking doors of rented shops.

Kota

I think it would be good to have the option to lock the doors of rented shops. And with the ability to share keys maybe allowing people to give sets of keys to rented shops out to employees.

PD would be allowed to break into any locked shop with a proper warrant.

Also maybe allowing people to lock pick the doors of locked shops as a part of the robbery mechanic. (This is a big maybe but would be cool)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KotaJon91 said:

I think it would be good to have the option to lock the doors of rented shops. And with the ability to share keys maybe allowing people to give sets of keys to rented shops out to employees.

I mean if your doors are locked how are you gonna sell your items? Or is it just gonna be a shit move if you know police have been alerted to your store and possibly raid it to lock the door and have a standoff ( for X amount of time ) that's not really needed sure your suggestion to lockpick it but puts the cop in a vulnerable state to be shot and killed. Maybe to lock doors to restock I can see but that's the only thing I can see why doors should be locked

Honestly if someone has rented a shop why not give them the choice to close up shop and lock up for a bit. They paid to rent the building and they should be able to do with it as they please if they don't want it open all the time to the public to sell items why force them they lose money doing so... They are paying for that right with the rental....  And I am sure PD would have a mechanic to allow them forced entry anyways if this became a thing.

And if they lock themselves into a business isn't that just more RP? You gonna deny the chance to give officers more RP with standoffs which at their core is role play as standoffs tend to be vocal encounters rather than just storming in with guns drawn... I mean the officers should in the end have a way to force entry at some point anyways (Not talking about just using lock picks those would be for normal civs to try to break in but a RP version of a battering ram or breech door option that would just instantly break the lock). And forcing a few officers to actually try to talk down suspects rather than just bum rushing in isn't so bad.

My original point was to lock up Bahama Mama's/Tequila la (Which can't be robbed so it's not even about preventing that or police raids as these locations don't support dirty money or player robberies anyways) so you can actually force cover charges. You just want to close up the club so you can stock up without having people come in... Or you know... want to have exclusive parties being able to lock it would be nice.

Edited by KotaJon91
  • Like 3

I think that buildings that can be locked and breaking in should be first residences/apartments if it ever happens. And @Storrent has a point, probably to get to that point we should have court house, lawyers and long lasting crimes in the city.  Cops are been judge jury and executioner for quite a long time, and they will still be, but hope that someday at least some crimes go deeper in RP and not just something quick.

So for now, as business are, I think that locking the place, for refilling or private parties, should be RPlayed. Makes more sense and RP is better than a message 'this door is locked'. Hire some bouncers! And actually if you own the place, trespassing could be Rplayed if the civ had been informed that he isn't allowed to go in for whatever reason.

I feel like locking doors for "private parties" would tear the community up. By that I mean, some would feel offended to not be allowed but their friend yes. Forced to stay away from the fun. 

You can RP it. Have a doorman that RP something out of it, like "not dressed well" or "suspicious" or anything to keep them from going, without just officially saying "you are not invited, go away".

Here's a situation where this thread would be awesome.  Hire some security guards with proper authority and responsibility.  Something similar to this would be a great opportunity for some different RP than just locking a door.  Whenever I see an idea I have to think automatically, in what way could this mechanic be abused.  And I could see people just buying up shops at the beginning of a storm and locking the doors just to be trolls - but I definitely see where the OP is coming from.  You rented the place, you would want a little more control over it.

I feel like if you get offended because your RP character can't join RP private party, there's something badly wrong. But I have noticed that here's many players who takes RP as it is their life and gets mad about thinks, but that's a whole new topic then.

To the locking, I would really like to see that as an option. For the reasons stated above especially by Kota. And if you have doors locked at a party for example, it doesn't mean that you won't have bouncers there. I'm up for kicking away some too drunk and unwanted people! B|

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1