Manufacturing/ Construction

Love it, still taking a risk to gather sand and aluminum, also it could potentially take much longer than wine requiring you to have 2nd team to create frames or do the glass to achieve a payout with more efficiency or at least faster. Also windows requiring double the amount of raw materials from a business i like, it keeps the corporate Ceo's busy collecting or buy materials also always looking to hire new people with the massive workload required to get the job done... Maybe it would require a semi to take finished windows to the skyscraper as well.

The difficult thing with a job like this is figuring out how to force teamwork but still make it fun, and then figure out how to make it worthwhile for the people doing it without completely destroying the economy. I'm definitely on board to create another job similar to wine, but there's a lot of planning that needs to go into making something like this happen and most of my time is going to performance and bugs at the moment.

If you guys want this, I can make it happen. But maybe flesh out the idea a little (as far as teamwork/reward is concerned)?

One other thing to keep in mind is the length of the job. Wine is really only about 3 steps and still takes an hour or two to do a run. The way you've described this job so far seems like it would take pretty long.

• Like 2

To in-corporate team work:

Step 1; Use weight of items such as sand, batteries, aluminum, caulk, fine and raw glass to encourage that you use multiple people to properly store and move raw materials and products. 

Step 2; Limit how much each hopper can hold to 5 of that specific raw material requiring that each person doing a job for the group is required to hold some sort of raw material and continue to feed their material into the machines

Step 3; Make the glass catch only hold 5 raw glass after you finish producing (if you don't retrieve raw glass out of glass catch before it over flows receive broken glass, then proceed to melt down back to sand and battery and try again. or else its just useless.?)

Step 4; make the weight of raw glass much heavier than fine glass requiring the person working the Glass catch run between the saw and the glass catch cut the glass down to weight making it manageable to carry. make the weight of fine glass still heavy to require the person catching to stop at the vehicle and store glass.

Step 5; The batteries would best be used 1 at a time, after 5 shocks of sand into glass require the person shocking the glass to turn the water back on to fill water tank.

--This would just be for the glass factory-- 

-- Essentially a combination of wine with the glass catch and cocaine lab as well with the limited space of hoppers larger scale though with the spread.--

What i had in mind was since there is double the raw material required from a business it should almost take twice as long as wine or cocaine encouraging that one team of however many people make glass as well as one team make window frames for payout. Also i had hoped it could potentially be done with one person but if you had say 4 people it would potentially be 4X as many windows produced in same amount of time the more people you have the faster you would produce. this job could potentially take a few days of grinding for a final payout depending on dedication time and amount of people working on the job. open to suggestions on the amount of time required tho ill leave that to developers to decide to balance time vs. money earned to keep balance in the economy, not particularly my forte. but adding new raw materials and half finished products could become a huge thing for businesses as well if they horde batteries and caulk the could essentially just produce glass and frames all day and sell them out of 24/7 stores for common players to buy as well as make listings for items required by the business to produce final products it'll make a new marketplace for the community as well as give people much more monetary value to robbing each other store's. give me a bit to think of idea's for the frame factory this actually took me a bit to think about lol. 

Edited by Patricio Costello
  • Like 4

Had a thought today not sure if it's a good or bad idea.. what if we made the glass factory and frame factory a "rent-able" industry for businesses allowing only employee's of that business to produce that product, either one business monopolizing the job until reset or requiring they work with another business to produce final outcome. ?? thoughts?

I love the idea of a new legal job, tbh lately the newer jobs have been ruined for me a little bit and not worth the grind personally and id hate the see the same happen to this where extra steps are added and pay isnt adequately increased. so i really hope this job would pay as much as a coke run (give or take a few 10k).

i like how into this idea and how you are able to translate the IRL processes into the game very well (including locations etc) anyway all around this is a great idea and i would love to see a new legal job of this sort. 

Edit: the thing about renting it would be a way to "force teamwork" as @speed said. Not sure how it would work out on the hostility side of things as in they dont really like ideas that promote gunplay and the "sure fire" way to force someone to stop controlling it is to take it by force

Edited by Eric Smith (36624)
  • Like 1

realistically  this job should take more time than wine altogether double the raw material almost double the time but if you have more people working together the process should move that much faster per person. same amount of materials produced because you'd have to divide them just they were produced that much faster. the harder you can work the more you make essentially. And yes i totally agree cocaine is barley worth it to do anymore because of cops who frequently check the lab on top of having to sell on the streets with high risk of being caught the chances are not that great of seeing a full payout on top of that your losing your investment money of coca leaves also with heavy fines.... coke is broke... tbh

• Like 1

I honestly hate the fact that people can just show up to wine and fuck with you and steal your wine with barley any consequences.. despise it to be totally honest i really hope that, that doesn't become a thing with this job hence why i suggested two different factories making a market instead of a hostile fight over pretty much the only time consuming job that has any sort of worth. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Patricio Costello said:

@speed is this something that you guys are contemplating about adding if so ill keep idea's going and rolling but i don't really wanna waste time if its a no

Not going to make any promises. It's something I think might be fun and could see being added, but there's always a list of 1,000 other things we want to do.