LSPD - High Vis Vests

I have noticed that the clothing shops contain the yellow high visibility vests for LSPD, SAHP, and BCSO. 

In the States these vests are required for PD/FIRE/EMS at accident scenes (Shoot, most states give your family $$$ if you get squished by a car while wearing one of these at a car accident). 

For RP purposes and if approved by LSPD command staff, is there a way to put these vests on/off (like with a /helmet type command) when dealing with traffic accidents and stuff with LSFD? 

• Like 3

It would be pretty cool but I believe it would be pretty hard as for the corporal & Sergeant standard  uniform it requires a vest (Armour) and the high-vis is under that category aswell. 

Only thing I would see this being compatible with would be the LSPD long/Short sleeve shirts. It would be cool to see them added to the uniform inclusion list as a whole though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ImVexal said:

It would be pretty cool but I believe it would be pretty hard as for the corporal & Sergeant standard  uniform it requires a vest (Armour) and the high-vis is under that category aswell. 

Only thing I would see this being compatible with would be the LSPD long/Short sleeve shirts. It would be cool to see them added to the uniform inclusion list as a whole though.

I believe that we could make a second color of the armored vest and have that be the high vis vest. If we did do it, then it would be a /vest or something along those lines to change the color when you get on scene of a call. It is possible to have both at the same time. 

• Like 2

On 11/9/2018 at 11:04 PM, r3v0Lt55 said:

Ride-along/recruit vest is what it sounds like to me ?

When I was in my field internship for my paramedic cert, one of my classmates started his internship on April Fools' Day. His crew made him wear the yellow vest on EVERY call, to the hospital, etc., stating, "Our last student almost got hit by a car in a parking lot, so the new policy is to make students wear the vest during the entire shift." 

Edited by [uDi]uncle_walter87
I can't spell this early. Not enough coffee.