CPR License

errorlink

Savannah and myself came up with the idea of CPR Licenses.

Reason being sometimes it takes awhile for a ambulance to get to a scene and maybe as civ we can help by getting involved in the RP.

It would be pricey like 50k but I think we can take a course and pay for a license.

It would bring more RP interactions with EMS by saying yes I gave this man CPR he's still a bit weak etc

• Like 4

Idea is good and I myself had similat thoughts about something like "First Aid Kit" that is one time use that stabiize patient but then if you think about it. You can RP that you do bind injured patients wounds, apply makeshift torniquet or otherwise help patient while waiting for EMS. I have had some encounters with PD and Civs where when I arrive on scene they approach me and tell me this and that happened and what they have done to secure wounds/injuries. Not only it helps EMS it also involves instantly civs with the scene.

Most of the time I see Civs and many PD just stand over injured and talking casually while waiting for EMS. Instead they could roleplay with the victim. Like go to your vehicle and grab first aid kit, bandage wounds, ect.

So in my opinion, although idea is good. It kinda removes element of urgency and tension. People bleed out, and it is not because you as civ failed somehow, its because injury is too severe and you RP treat them as best as you can but it wasnt enough.

Yes, this has been suggested before but search didn't come up with anything for me... 
I can't remember exactly what the outcome was, but here are my thoughts on this suggestion:
I have mixed feelings, because on one hand i know this happens iRL, but on the other hand, i feel that this defeats the purpose of the bleed out timer. If everybody (lets face it everybody will get this licence) can perform cpr, its likely that people are going to be laying on the ground for a loooong time until ems shows up, or if there is no EMS on, they will just lay there until they see an EMT hop in the on-duty channel...

Regarding RP, nothing stops anyone from RPing that they are giving CPR and inform EMS of this. (CPR animation could be added to the emote list).

Maybe instead of a licence it could be an item (such as a defibrillator or something) that you can buy for a lot of money, and can only be used one time and only extend the timer a few minutes. 

Edit: The first aid kit makes much more sense than the defibrillator lol thanks @Victor

Edited by Flori
Read melina's post after mine
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Thorgs said:

It has been discussed before and the Devs said it won't happen back then

Yeah this was basically talking about the whole Hospital thing before it was added, I also agree with @Flori with the whole CPR kit that would cost money in the store (or maybe hospital if they add something there that allows certain buys like CPR kit and other things that'd make sense) maybe a way to balance it out is maybe the CPR doesn't work and maybe makes him worse (I don't like the idea of making it worse but atm i'm bringing up balancing options)