Time to start closing server 2 wen its pop is very low?

Kilo

Even though I hate to say this because ya'll know I love Server 2, I agree to some extent. The only reason I'm hesitant is because it is so weird, some nights it will be totally dead at a certain point, and some it will have a queue. For instance last night when I jumped on after storm I was in a 5 person queue, but then Friday night I was able to hop right in. Maybe the admins are able to see more of a trend in numbers and tell when the best times to close it would be. 

3 hours ago, Victor said:

Its better that they grind at server 2 than grind at server 1. I see this as not an issue. People who grind for money will be grinding on server 1 anyways. By having server 2 open they can go grind there and RP can be left to server 1.

This, until we get that 64 players server. 

5 hours ago, Victor said:

Its better that they grind at server 2 than grind at server 1. I see this as not an issue. People who grind for money will be grinding on server 1 anyways. By having server 2 open they can go grind there and RP can be left to server 1.

OR, now here's a thought that may blow peoples minds!!! How about... NO GRINDING and do actual RP?! Omg, what?! I honestly think this city would be better with no economy, then a very large portion of people would simply leave to the next 'rp car tycoon' server.. And let them leave, in my opinion. Maybe then people will actually develop characters and not just treat Badlands as a virtual facebook dramaville. However the economy isn't going anywhere but server 2 could go bye bye. 

6 hours ago, Flori said:

its a mentality thing.. if they want to go in an empty server to grind they are looking to avoid people or police i presume. What value will they bring if you "force" them into a server where if they encounter people they will give you nothing or bad RP?

If we 'FORCE' them to actually use the city for what it's for which is RP and they aren't able to maintain some semblance of RP or behaviour that is deemed acceptable by server rules etc, then they will quickly find themselves out of a place to abuse. 'Forcing' them into an environment that would make them have to change habits or behaviours is not a bad thing in my eyes. If they're just here for grinding and that's not available anymore because police are around or new people are around then good.. Maybe they'll leave and find some other server to leech from.

• Like 4

Honestly leave it be, People who want to go out and grind money uncontested just rob themselves of the RP experience. And will end up getting bored and leave anyways.  At the end of the day, there is not much you can spend money on other than cars... And after you get that car what then they will have to start roleplaying. 

The way I see it server 1 and 2 used and still does to an extent have separate atmospheres with how they feel. 1 used to be a bit chaotic and more dynamic with the role play and server 2 hosted the more long term semi-dynamic or scripted roleplay... Personally, I fit in the later and didn't enjoy the environment server 1 had. I just went on server 1 the other day and felt the same way and I would still choose to go to server 2 with a lower pop then go onto server 1 if given the choice... Call me a snob if you want. I am not alone in that thinking. 

I feel the second the admins decide to ax server 2 early people will just start bitching about the queue. And honestly, new people trying out the server who tend to want to learn the ropes in a more empty environment will not have that option and definitely will not want to sit in a long queue at 11 pm and will move along to another server... Basically killing our community growth which as is has a high turnover rate. 

Edited by Kota Taylor
  • Like 3

The populations of the servers change so drastically from month to month that i dont see this as being beneficial. Idk if yall forgot but it used to be a few months ago that server 2 would have a 12 person queue and server 1 would have 15 ppl in it. The populations are always changing. Honestly? Who cares if people want to grind. Like kota said, most of them will get bored and leave anyways. Personally i grind for more opportunities of rp. I use it as a tool to enhance my RP, whether it be prizes for races and events or handing my lawyer a big stack of cash and i know many others that use their money like this too. I always see people complaining of other people grinding yet there is no suggestions of how to make the servers less grindy.

• Like 3

Just to be clear. i wasint saying close 2 perma , but probably ajust its online times , around 11pm to 2 am i have noticed as of late that the player base is around 18 on 1 then 15 on 2 ,splits the police force and ems, and tbh no one really wants to either patrol solo or be over police saturated on 1 of the 2 servers.  (was looking at if from a pd point of view mostly).

Edited by Kilo

I definitely think that the way things are now is just fine. Once the 2AM storm hits, most people call it quits for the night and the remaining people from S2 head over to S1. I prefer to stay in S2 because of the stability thats kind of been established within it; Server 1 seems to be considerably more chaotic and it has its own groups that operate within certain confines that would only cause problems if a group that does the same thing would migrate across servers against their wills. Should S2 close down after the 8pm storm, I think it would just create more problems for the community because that's when most people are coming on for the night and it would just further create a bottleneck to get in the city - which would end up creating the need for a second server for people to come in.

• 3 weeks later...