Is lying about money fail RP?

3 Percent Tom

So I've been thinking, isn't it fail RP when you or another player lie about how much money you have on you to a mugger? Because in RL the mugger would simply just take your money and see how much you had. They wouldn't just trust that you only have $20 on you when you give it to them. So the question is, for the sake of RP, should you have tell a mugger exactly how much money is on your person? Let me know you guy's thoughts.

On 9/30/2017 at 4:47 PM, 3 Percent Tom said:

I know but what I'm asking is if their should be

43 minutes ago, Thorgs said:

Ok but what if the player really has Zero on them????  I mean if you RP'ed it out and you got some money then be happy 

Sometimes people just wont be carrying cash. Personally I keep a little bit of money on me in case someone tries to rob me. The amount I give up depends on their RP and effort and the situation. In the future we may add some actual mechanics to robberies but we need to be careful, don't want to create all out aggression by guaranteeing a payout every time you rob someone.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SneakyAzShiite said:

Sometimes people just wont be carrying cash. Personally I keep a little bit of money on me in case someone tries to rob me. The amount I give up depends on their RP and effort and the situation. 

Same, i give anywhere from $100-10,000 depending on how much i have and how good they RP it. 

Depends on the way you lie. If you RPlaying telling a lie then in my opinion is just how you play your character:
- "I just put it on the bank and at the moment it's just 500 what I have on me" even if you have more.

But then there is the bad RP way of doing it, that will be mixing OOC with RP and used that as a protection:
-"I'm trying to give you the cash but it's not letting me, I clicked it twice and my money is empty now" even the player didn't try to give the money they just act like if the game/scripts are not working. That for me is fail RP and tons BS but it's just a personal opinion, and unless admins pronounce on it, I guess it's valid, since I have seen it around a few times already.

7 hours ago, Tomas García said:

But then there is the bad RP way of doing it, that will be mixing OOC with RP and used that as a protection:
-"I'm trying to give you the cash but it's not letting me, I clicked it twice and my money is empty now" even the player didn't try to give the money they just act like if the game/scripts are not working. That for me is fail RP and tons BS but it's just a personal opinion, and unless admins pronounce on it, I guess it's valid, since I have seen it around a few times already.

If I play an aggressive character and people talk OOC to me like that, they sure as hell get a bullet between the eyes.

OOC in VOIP is POOP

• Like 1

I had a guy during a mugging pretend to not know how to put hands up, or give money. I talk him through it in the best "in-character" way that i could. As soon as i got on my bike to leave he quick shot me. Since then I found out he is a pro at game. So people lie, in character and ooc. Lying in character is all part of the show and if that's what your character does more power to you. But lying about game mechanic knowledge ooc while in a hostage/mugging situation to get the upper hand should be against the rules. 

Also i think there needs to be an auto-emote for using the phone, so you can see if they are calling the cops while stalling. 

Edited by Richard Power
  • Like 4

if he doesn't comply with your request then follow through with your threat.  It's hard to tell if someone is stalling or simply doesn't know how the game mechanics work.  You did your best to walk him through it but took a risk doing so.  I do like the idea of the phone animation though!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Richard Power said:

Also i think there needs to be an auto-emote for using the phone, so you can see if they are calling the cops while stalling. 

Since @Tiller also mention it. I agree, even for PD and EMT I wouldn't mind something going on when using dispatch. It's not rare to see players going quiet and suddenly a while after a friend pulls out of the blue. That's meta unless there is a way in game to know they are contacting someone.

Sorry it's a bit out of topic, maybe we need a post for addressing this part, instead of hijacking this post.

Edited by Tomas García
  • Like 1