blackouts and weather changes before server resets?

luna

personally, when people say "there's a storm coming in [   ]" i find it unrealistic when it's super sunny in the city and nothing makes it actually feel like there is a storm coming

i think having heavy rain, storm and a blackout would be a cool way to visually see why everyone says "the storm is coming in [     ]", and would give people an in-character reason to need to put away their cars and take the train out etc, nothing would need to be added to the server (as it utilises what is already available) but would just need to automatically change to the storm/rain/blackout

any thoughts on this? ?

• Like 4

I would love to have a thunderstorm the last 30 minutes of reboot to visually show it and it's just such a cool and good vibe. There has been a few storms when reboot is happening and I love it so much. It gives such a cool immersion and I wish it was that each reboot! I am not 100% sure about the blackouts but I like the storm idea.

10/10 good suggestion

• Like 1

I recall when I first joined Badlands that something like this happened. I may have been imagining things, too, who knows.

There is a weather pattern available in the game that is, well, a thunderstorm. Heavy rain, thunder, lightning, etc. The sky turns dark. . . the whole nine yards as they say. I think it would be really neat if this was a regular occurrence before each storm - say the last 10 minutes. Have the severe thunderstorm roll in and people naturally take cover and prepare for it.

+1 from me. Excellent idea.

• Like 1