NPC Cops do stuff

Smojo

I was thinking about this a little, and i think it would be cool if NPC Cops had a job for example    I also added the pros and cons
NPC Cops Could,
Pull over players for speeding and fine then. -( Would be cool, but also eliminates that potential role-play since its a npc)
Pull over players for running a red light or stop sign  - ( Would be cool, but also eliminates that potential role-play since its a npc)
Aid REAL Police in the case of car chases or bank robberies or stuff like that - (Doesn't eliminate any rp and aids the police in stopping the bad people) 
Maybe a police in a chase could get a helicopter in the air (NPC Controlled) and ping the car in the chase so it doesn't get away so easily (Ping only last a few minutes or so for balance) (Could be a solution to cars being too fast) - (Doesn't eliminate any rp and aids the police in stopping the bad people) 

Adding this feature adds more risk for players who dont obey the law and helps REAL Police with enforcing the law. 

Just dont make the npc cops like the gta5 online npc cops.......their too agressive

Even if I did want AI being involved in this kind of stuff, which I really don't, I think I can speak for each of us developers when I say that the heat death of the universe will probably occur before we take the time to write such complex code. The stuff you're suggesting is not simple, by any means.

Awe ok ok,, well out of all those ideas id still vouch for the police and helicopter thing. If a police is in view of a car or behind a car for a few it can ping its location and ai helicopter hovers over the car while the location is pinged and can help the cops know the location of the car just in case they loose it. All the other suggestions can go to the trash bin.

If they have enough tools at their disposal to catch criminals....Recently i was fairly new to the server and i asked why where the performance of cars reduced. The answer i got back was, so civilians have no obvious advantage over cops, and vise versa. If they have enough tools at their disposal to catch criminals then why have the performance of vehicles been nerfed. I feel like adding a little more "Tech" to the LSPD could aid them in catching those high performance vehicles. IRL Police have allot of ways to catch people, a helicopter is one, decreasing the performance of every car in the city...is not.

50 minutes ago, Smojo said:

IRL Police have allot of ways to catch people, a helicopter is one, decreasing the performance of every car in the city...is not.

IRL, most chases don't result in speeds in excess of 100mph.

Concessions need to be made because this is, in fact, not real life.

IRL Most chases also consist of low performance cars, coups, sedans. But very so often you do have those chases with medium to high performance cars, Mustang, Corvette, Chargers, Challengers, all of which are often seen IRL and all can reach over 100 mph allot faster then the sedans or coup cars. In fact you can easily catch a regular car going 75+ on the highway at-least in my city., shoot maybe even 80. But overall almost every car in america can reach over 100mph, its not a "High Speed Chase" if there are no "High Speeds" My point is, the only explanation ive received from "Why are cars nerfed" Was because "No obvious advantage over cops" im trying to create a better solution rather then to decrease the civilian "fire power"(Making cars slower) and instead increase the LSPD "firepower".(Be able to counter faster cars). I dont think we are going to come to a agreement on this topic, but never the less. The developers, staff, citizens of the server are absolutely amazing, and im glad to be able to play in the city. I just hope my suggestions or responses dont rub off in a negative way.