Bounty Hunter Job

Rygaar

I would like to suggest the addition of Bounty Hunter Job. I do this IRL and I really think it would add to the already great stuff happening in the city. I would love to talk further with a dev if you consider this. I look forward to seeing what you think about this idea so please get in touch. Thanks for your time!

1 hour ago, George Cahill said:

What would be included in this job? How would you propose it worked?

I agree with this, i feel the need that you should add as much info about the job as you can. Yes a bounty hunter job would be cool but like he says, how would you implement this job into the server and how would this job work? if we are trying to find people how will we capture them? You can kill people easily but capturing is a whole nother story. 

I could see this being added. The job allows people to clock in and see who is wanted, but this also comes with a lot of drawbacks. My concerns:

1. Being able to see who is wanted will lead to people clocking in to check and then clocking right off. This would be abused and people would clock in just for their friends. 

2. Being a bounty hunter means catching people alive, so they would be given cuffs and a taser, or some alternative. Again, this would be misused and people would be tasing other civ's for fun. 

I like this idea but I also see how easily it could be abused. 

• Like 2

Personally I am not for a bounty system in the current framework of the 32 player system. Once Onesync is official then I'd def love to see it though. Current system we have set up is balanced for a healthy  emergency services to civilian ratio. Adding a civilian role that targets felons is skewing the balanced in a way that I personally don't want for city.

Edited by r3v0Lt55
  • Like 2

Ok so I will explain what Bondsman/Bounty Hunters do to see if this will help. So lets just say you get picked up on some charges the cops arrest you send you to jail. Now you can contact or have another person contact the Bondsman/Bounty Hunter to get you out of jail on bond which states you will report to court for your charges. Now lets say your like fuck that I am not going and you miss your court appearance ok now the Bondsman/Bounty Hunter gets notification that you did not appear like you said you would. So now I have to go find you and arrest you myself to take you to jail so you can now sit there until your court date. Then like say you keep stiffing the Bondsman/Bounty Hunter everytime they bond you out of jail then you would be put on what is called a no bond list so all other bonding compainies know not to bond you out cuz you miss court everytime.

Now how this could work in server is it would be its own business that I would own and run lets say. You could have it so Bounty Hunters would develop a good working rapport with the cops. We could be in charge of the BOLO's when PD puts out. With a BOLO the Bounty Hunters would actually litterally be hunting that person that owns that vehicle. Bounty Hunters would need to beable to carry Pistol, BP Vest, Cuffs, Taser for their safety that beinsg said when we enter PD we have keep our Pistol and Taser locked up in our vehicle.

Now lets say I catch the BOLO individual I would pat them down but we do not take any of their items they would get to store them first. Then i would drive them to PD where I would hand them over to them to be processed. This is just some basic information to get started with. So it really depends on how indepth you want to go with it cuz it gets much more complicated than this but I think the possibilities for rp here is just the sky is the limit but yeah let me know would love to talk more if you want.

18 minutes ago, Rygaar said:

So lets just say you get picked up on some charges the cops arrest you send you to jail

Once your in jail its too late to bond out it would have to occur once police take you to the station but in our current system if its a felony lawyer can come in and get it reduced so that's why i previously posted we don't have a court system and with max time we allow as of now it would not be viable.

We could be in charge of the BOLO's when PD puts out

This is really an officers job to go after wanted criminals and to allow a BH to do this would really cut into the balancing of their job.

Taser for their safety

Unless this is a WL job this would get abused as @Matthew Evans suggested

Just my two cents and I dont know with 64 player base what they have in store 

Edited by Thorgs

Yes I understand that and that is where I am currently playing on server 3 with 64 slots and yes I agree it would have to be a WL job for sure. I am just giving suggestions that could help with the future of the server. Thank you all for your insight!!