Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give my opinion on the current gang life in the server and on how to maybe improve it.

Currently i do not see many gangs in the server i may have run into a few every now and then, but nothing special really. Im not sure if its the lack of people wanting to join the gang life or its just because gangs dont really have much to do.  i mean the server's rp is getting better and better as we go on. I do appreciate all the admin's mod's and developers for making this server possible. 

What im recommending and i know that its already been said is to open a gang application in the website e.x Ballas, Vagos, Bikers ect.

gangs could introduce a whole new RP but to optimize that the server may need to add a /rob button and new housing on different parts of the map life grove st / barrios ect . this may be alot of work i do not know if its possible for the server to add that or what is required for us to have that eventually. i mean the more options the server has the higher the RP it put outs and eventually better rp players.

overall i feel like having gangs in the server is a must and the more its announced and advertised the higher the chances of eventually having decent sized gangs.

please feel free to leave any opinions or suggestions

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reggie Bones said:

overall i feel like having gangs in the server is a must

I disagree, and we've actually spent the last two years heavily disincentivizing gangs because of the problems they tend to cause.

That said, as we move into 2.0, there will be more room for gangs as we can trust that the people taking part in them are doing it for the right reasons.

• Like 3

I am in full support of gangs and love gang RP BUT... I also disagree with gangs being a "must" for the city. Gangs can quickly turn toxic and i've been around the server and in gangs enough to know it. I used to be the leader of the Ballas and we basically stopped interacting with other gangs after awhile because every interaction with another group ended up with violence, toxicity, and an overwhelming amount of salt. The fact is, most "gangs" in this city dont act like actual street gangs, they act like a bunch of soccer hooligans looking for a fight because they have numbers. I can say, as my time as a balla i spent a majority of my time on grove street just hanging around and watching the block, selling drugs and keeping an eye out for the cops for my fellow gang members. Not rolling up to 2/6 with 3 of my boys talking shit and waiting for people to leave so we can rob them or fuck with them for no reason within RP. And a /rob option quickly turns toxic aswell for the same reason, most people will just rob somebody because they can and they feel like it, not because of an RP reason.

The biggest reason I'm looking forward to 2.0 is so gangs can actually interact with the rest of the community in a not so toxic manner.

Srry for kind of a rant but tl;dr : Most people can't differentiate between gang rp and "i have more ppl with more guns so do whatever i say or you'll get shot" 

Edited by Coach
  • Like 5

Gangs are difficult. Because if you want to be realistic, certain gangs are violent right.. but that doesn't really fit in this city. So it's difficult for certain gangs to progress in their story and try and be realistic. It's a hard balance, and to be honest, it's not fun at this point. That's really just my opinion. Which isn't that important lol

• Like 3

I agree with what others are saying. I have a character who is in PD and also a character who is part of the Vagos. From my experience I can say its very hard to RP as a gang especially when your gang is a violent one. Because regardless of how you RP someone is always going to have a negative view on it and that puts players in a situation where whether they are following the rules or not people start to treat them differently during processing or even on other characters. I'ts because of that reason that there is a lack of gangs on the server. Because as Isabella stated it takes the fun out of it not being able to RP what you want and having people dislike you when you do.

• Like 2

i read and understand what you guys are saying and i do agree with some of it. 

The thing is, from what im reading on the previous comments it sounds like a lot of negativity due to the lack of rp quality in players. this means these types of people who cant take L's or in other words get salty after getting downed are ruining this type of amazing rp in our city for the others who actually enjoy the  rp weather its a win or loss.

there are rules to solve these types of problems and if not followed ban hammers can. ( i dont think we mind losing players who are not willing to give decent RP ) i think maybe with the up and coming 2.0 white listing maybe we can get more productive rp into the server.

The reason why im so in for gangs in the city is mostly because of the fact that this city has huge potential... im just trying to make best of what we currently have.

i do appreciate all your comments.

I think gangs are a 50/50 on the server. Me being part of the MC, we do have a lot of RP. Because there isn't a lot of gangs in the city we do have some RP that does involve others in the city. It doesn't always have to be Gang on Gang stuff either. Most of the time I don't mind Gang on Gang stuff however, most of the people that do start new Gangs tend to just go right for Gun play instead of actual RP. This is what is really annoying with the Gang RP. Just in face the other night we have a gang messing with us the other night cause in RP they were telling me what to do and I told them to take a hike and fuck off. They then come back and start a shoot out after shoot out. Once they get caught by the cops one of the DC cause he got busted. What kind of shit is that. They then get pissed cause the Cops think they are on our side. Well what do you expect when you come to our area and start stuff with us. We are defending ourselves.

• Like 5

On 8/8/2019 at 6:01 PM, Ren Yates said:

I think gangs are a 50/50 on the server. Me being part of the MC, we do have a lot of RP. Because there isn't a lot of gangs in the city we do have some RP that does involve others in the city. It doesn't always have to be Gang on Gang stuff either. Most of the time I don't mind Gang on Gang stuff however, most of the people that do start new Gangs tend to just go right for Gun play instead of actual RP. This is what is really annoying with the Gang RP. Just in face the other night we have a gang messing with us the other night cause in RP they were telling me what to do and I told them to take a hike and fuck off. They then come back and start a shoot out after shoot out. Once they get caught by the cops one of the DC cause he got busted. What kind of shit is that. They then get pissed cause the Cops think they are on our side. Well what do you expect when you come to our area and start stuff with us. We are defending ourselves.

To piggyback on this Gang talk, I as well have a "gang" in which the MC's got into a 3 week long RP debacle and it was BY FAR the greatest thing ever. However you don't see many "gangs" now because most of the people who want to be in a gang go to gunplay over roleplay. Gang violence has came to a silence due to people coming about things the wrong ways. When done properly it can be stellar.

Edited by Ozzie Ozbourne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1