Suggestion - Speed increase on cars

With vDrop's comment about speed being increased on cars, wether that was a joke or not, it got me thinking - can we actually have a speed increase on cars? I like the speeds that NoPix has for their cars right now, it makes the cars seem more realistic IMO. I don't know if they're using a mod for their speeds, or if it's custom - if it is custom, can we just increase the speeds + acceleration on all cars?

From what I've seen in NP streams, none of their cars seem to go over 150mph or if they do, not by much. Maybe I didn't take a good enough look but our speeds at the moment are higher than theirs. In NP's patch notes from 8 months ago they mentioned making all vehicles handling default stats. They've made some "balancing" changes to vehicles over the 8 months but nothing seems to indicate (at least from what I've seen) their speeds going beyond default or as high as ours. If you want to talk about acceleration I can't tell you what theirs has but maybe they're default and because some of our vehicles' acceleration has been reduced (for a number of reasons) it seems like theirs is much quicker. Sadly there's not just 1 value for "acceleration" in the handling file, there's several values that would go into effecting overall acceleration so it would require a good bit of testing if it were something we actually needed.

Edited by Osk
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Randy Morris said:

it makes the cars seem more realistic IMO

I'm not sure what reality you live in, but most vehicles in real life will never go above 120-140, and you would be hard pressed to even reach 100 in a city as dense as Los Santos.

Most of our vehicles already reach their max speed in the time most real cars go from 0-60.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, speed said:

I'm not sure what reality you live in, but most vehicles in real life will never go above 120-140, and you would be hard pressed to even reach 100 in a city as dense as Los Santos.

Most of our vehicles already reach their max speed in the time most real cars go from 0-60.

Maybe instead of increasing all cars speed, we increase the speed of slower trucks and cars - I think IRL a truck would be able to go faster than 50mph right? Just maybe a small increase on the slower cars

Edited by Randy Morris
edit

I watched clips of Summit going over 200 in his Sylvia and one of Koil going like almost 300 (might not have been on live) and in no way would I want that for badlands.  

As far as increasing the trucks. Have you ever driven a fully loaded work truck? I have to drive 26 foot box trucks sometimes when work can’t find a driver. On flat interstate you may set cruise on 70 (most are governed at 75) but in the city or around curvy roads you aren’t going to fly at max speed.  I was scared shitless 1 time driving overweight truck through the Ozark mountains. 18 wheeler may be different I have no experience there. If anything devs could add that when driving to make pickup your truck is empty and can go a little faster but after you pick up the merchandise you go 3x slower.

2 hours ago, r3v0Lt55 said:

I watched clips of Summit going over 200 in his Sylvia and one of Koil going like almost 300 (might not have been on live) and in no way would I want that for badlands.  

As far as increasing the trucks. Have you ever driven a fully loaded work truck? I have to drive 26 foot box trucks sometimes when work can’t find a driver. On flat interstate you may set cruise on 70 (most are governed at 75) but in the city or around curvy roads you aren’t going to fly at max speed.  I was scared shitless 1 time driving overweight truck through the Ozark mountains. 18 wheeler may be different I have no experience there. If anything devs could add that when driving to make pickup your truck is empty and can go a little faster but after you pick up the merchandise you go 3x slower.

I don't drive, but I personally like that they go faster. It's alright, some people think differently of this topic ?

21 hours ago, Randy Morris said:

Maybe instead of increasing all cars speed, we increase the speed of slower trucks and cars - I think IRL a truck would be able to go faster than 50mph right? Just maybe a small increase on the slower cars

What speeds are you wanting and why? Some vehicles are just meant to be low end and I believe it will be beneficial in 2.0 to keep a performance range similar to the current system or back to default GTA. Trucks are slower and more durable + have more carrying capacity. Pros and cons to vehicle classes enable players to make decisions on the right vehicle for a task while weighing the risks associated. 

• Like 2