Scuba tanks

Merr Khan

Scuba tanks still need to be nerfed, they should not be able to be applied while running, driving a car, or while already in water. Players are still using them to evade from police while selling drugs.
There should be a forced emote that, holds you still, kicks you from a car, or drowns you, you run out of air under water your dead.   

I feel like with 2.0 this should be ban-able as it is fail RP (impossible to apply gear while moving, driving, or in water), and Power gaming (using an item to gain an advantage diverge of an story telling or character development).

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Merr Khan said:

There should be a forced emote that, holds you still, kicks you from a car, or drowns you, you run out of air under water your dead.   

I disagree with this statement here, Being kicked from a car is excessive, I would agree with not being able to steer when equipping the tank but not getting forced out the car. The drowning as well is excessive however I do believe there is a better approach to this, maybe making it so you can't equip it under water in general.  

I agree with everything except not being able to equip it while in water. That would be a pain in the ass while scuba diving. Maybe if the animation only happened when initially putting it on and the scuba kits you use after that in the water wont do the animation. Idk if thats even possible.

What i'm looking for is a way to see that the person has one, Right now they can store it up their prison wallet, Equip it, and instantly go super sonic under water. 
Seeing a person running around in Scuba Gear already, cause they can't put it on in mid air while diving off the pier anymore, while selling drugs would make it not as OP.  

Edited by Merr Khan
  • Like 1

I feel like there is no good solution to this issue. I have never personally used a scuba kit to get away from police, but it's a great tactic and planning beforehand. Why punish criminals for planning their escape early? I know it's a cheap move to jump in water and swim away, but you can't catch them all. If anything, just put out a wanted record for them and wait for them to be arrested later or bring scuba kit with you at all times.

There are solutions that you can already do to counter those people.

But I see your point, it's cheaty and stupid and I would personally get frustrated if that happened to me, but I don't know if hard nerfing it is the answer. But I would like an open discussion with everyone to figure out a good solution for it.

Maybe you would need to be clocked on as a Diver for example to even be able to use it?

While divers are trained to put gear on and off in the water, the weight of the extra tank is noticeable.  There should be a cost of carrying extra tanks, time to swap them out, etc.  The instant nature is not balanced.  The same issue exists with parachutes that people can wear around and just jump of any surface they want to evade.   It's not realistic to walk around un hindered with them.  Perhaps if one is in your inventory you are hindered in a way (you can walk but not sprint).  They could be added to a trunk of a vehicle and either removed and re added to your inventory or perhaps an option to don them from the trunk.

• Like 3

I would also be in favor of physically carrying it on your back if its in your inventory. Tiller pointed out the parachutes as well which should be on your back if you have one. That way, even if you do have one in your inventory the police would atleast know that beforehand and expect you to jump in the water.

• Like 3

I see it the same as having to have my cop car parked with lights on to put out spike strips, it's not like the world will end, or players will crash, if I don't have my lights on, it's for balancing, and only that.

The visual effects of seeing what tools you are up against is better for RP. Especially if we want to move to more of an open environment with less server rules, restrictions, and more of a personal code of good RP conduct. 

• Like 3