Trunk Items lost on destruction of vehicle.

Kota

Honestly, I think if your car is blown up or you ditch it in the water insurance should not replace the items in the trunk. It is silly that if you purposely have blown up or sunk your vehicle in a lake that your items are back in the trunk of your car after the insurance company replaces it. I find it cheap and exploitive to do so... 

Edited by KotaJon91
typo
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, TiLLeR said:

would be nice if blown up cars were gone until the next restart too.  Too many people creating fireworks in legion sq lately w/o consequence.

Agreed, I think even a cooldown would be nice if not until restart. 

Nice you brought the topic out. We love to have the cars insured but I think there should be some repercussion for not taking care of them.  I could list a bit of way that players can use the so nice insurance to get unfair advantage, but don't want to give any ideas to those that ignore them.

Would be cool to also do something about those that never care to store them back on the parking lot. From time to time, we fall asleep while driving and we don't have a working key when we wake up, but many people just don't care and leave them anywhere for no real reason.

You first have to see if the game mechanics would even allow what your suggesting?? secondly what if your at the gas station and someone other than you hits the pumps and blows your car/truck in the process should the innocent one be punished or maybe it was a total accident hit the gas pedal instead of brakes as far as Legion Square I could totally agree with that

It's still a game, all you lose is some free virtual items and some time. I'm 100% supporting this idea.

Honestly i would also not allow people to pull out copies of their car either for some time if it blew up. People need to start to appreciate what they have and not use cars for fireworks or weapons. Hell i wouldn't even allow mobile repairs, but that would need a mechanic job or specific places where you can take your damaged car for a fix.

• Like 2

@Thorgs If you happen to be in a gas station accident, well sure you would loose your things, that's part of the RP. Maybe you can even RP asking for compensation. The only cases is maybe someone doing crazy VDM and getting a ban that people would like to claim the lost items, yet Anton has a point. There is not many things worth that much, other thing is if you would loose the whole vehicle.  And if someone crashes intentionally in a gas station to kill you and destroy your vehicle....I guess that goes under VDM/RDM.

3 hours ago, Merr Kahn said:

Can we add to that if a car in unlocked then the trunk can be opened and you can "steal" whats inside?

It would be bad if someone crashes, but yet good in many other cases. People do not care where they leave the cars. And truck protected  it's also been exploited in at least 2 ways that I'm not posting in here. I will report that in the right section towards the admins.

• Like 1