Nitrous Bottles

So, Nitrous Let me explain.

@JJRambow Thought it would be a cool idea to bring nitrous bottles into the city, I totally agree on it.
What nitrous does is it gives the engine a quick boost of power by cooling the air down that goes into the engine.

How it is going to work:
- You buy a nitrous bottle from either a mechanic shop or a business for a price, lets say $2000.
- You then "set up" the nitrous bottle in your car, you will need to set a value of how much nitrous you want to be injected into the engine: 0-100. The higher you go the more risk of the engine killing itself.
- Then once its set up you have a switch on the dashboard (maybe your E key) to turn the nitrous on or of, the bottle will last for about 20 seconds (also depending on how much you inject).
- And when you then finally turn it on it gives the car a boost of power, the higher injection the more power offcourse, But also more risk of the engine killing itself.

I feel like this is going to bring up the car culture/racing scene a little more.

Edited by Paul Garcia
  • Like 4

Just my personal opinion the police vehicles are barely balanced to keep up with a lot of super/sports cars I am curious what this extra boost can mean to the balancing of police/criminals during pursuits. If civilians get access to Nitrous I don't believe it should be cheap, unless police get something to potentially keep up with the players that might use it for evasions. Other then that concern I would love to see it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smear said:

Just my personal opinion the police vehicles are barely balanced to keep up with a lot of super/sports cars I am curious what this extra boost can mean to the balancing of police/criminals during pursuits. If civilians get access to Nitrous I don't believe it should be cheap, unless police get something to potentially keep up with the players that might use it for evasions. Other then that concern I would love to see it. 

Yes, the price will either need to be pretty steep or PD vehicles would need to be able to keep up. But there is also a slight chance of the engine breaking when you use nitrous.

2 hours ago, Smear said:

The police motorcycles were the solution to this in 1.0. Where it really didnt matter what super car you had, that bike get on you with a decent driver, You had to have the top 0.5% of best cars in the city to lose that thing or hope the driver crashes out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kevin Ross said:

The police motorcycles were the solution to this in 1.0. Where it really didnt matter what super car you had, that bike get on you with a decent driver, You had to have the top 0.5% of best cars in the city to lose that thing or hope the driver crashes out.

yes but thats wen the cars were somewhat balanced, since 2.0 the civ cars balancing got messed up, so right now , a 60k  vech can smoke all the cops car in the fleet . Made sense before , just not now. 

• Like 1

Some More Thought behind the request, this item can only be used to increase the 0-100 this means the speed of the start not top speed as the police do have a issue catching up not keeping up. ;) 
this No2 can set the car engine to 0% causing a car to comeplete stop if used. but if used correctly then its a reward worth going for. it should be a % chance alot like the lockpick where the chance is based on the amount of No2 used for example 5s vs 10s the reward is greater but the risk of boom is too big ;) 

Police cars could have the same thing but a less % of BOOM ;) 

Boost is already in the city on the LECTRO Bike, this is what i mean by the boost/ Nitro ;) 

Edited by JJRambow
more Detail
  • Like 2