Increase Pay for Truck Drivers

The pay is absurdly low for truck drivers. I can drive halfway across the map with a big rig, spend tedious minutes backing into a tight drop-off location and still receive less than $1000. How is this supposed to entice players to roleplay as truck drivers? It's featured in the server title/description so I assume that the developers intended for, and wanted, people to roleplay truck drivers. I just want to cruise down the road while listening to outlaw radio, chain smoking cigarettes and making a livable wage. I'm not expecting to get rich driving a truck around the city and north county, but I do expect to make a livable wage. Truck driving is currently broken to the point that dealerships will talk you out of buying a truck so that you don't end up wasting your time and money. 

• Like 3

I was very agitated when I came back to the community about 8 months ago; worked my way up to get a Phantom to get almost no return. Whilst I realize the purpose of the server and goal is to create RP for others to enjoy, this is what I had planned to do and had plans for within RP; not just delivering goods with it but creating memories.

It should be a decent increase +1

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ricky Ticky said:

if i remember correctly, what people started doing back in the day, is they would destroy their trailer if the delivery distance was less than 2 miles. and just accept a new trailer until they got a long distance one, and make more money by cheesing the system ?‍♂️

You do that now and you get a cool down before you can grab another trailer 

Heck, even the restaurants could use a truckload of ingredients on the regular. There's a lot that truckers could be utilized for around town, I wonder if they could set up deals with businesses around town that need to transport goods from out of town.

I don't see that there are nearly enough active tow truck drivers to make this reasonable. We would end up seeing more abandoned vehicles throughout the streets of the city. 

Edit: Somehow posted this in the wrong thread. Disregard this comment.

Edited by - Sledge -
Posted in wrong thread.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased a Phantom and was greatly disappointed by how much you are payed for each trailer. It would take hours upon hours to even break even for the truck cost, let alone seeing profit after the fact. I definitely agree, truckers deserve at the very least a liveable wage. 

+1

• 3 weeks later...