SCUBA NEEDS NERFED.

Kota

Simple as that. When you can get end game supercars in 2 days I think it needs to be nerfed badly. Noticing not many people are doing anything else. Weed is dead... Gold is dead... Hardly anyone doing meth or trucking. So an adjustment I think needs made. And I am sure someone is gonna get pissed at me for suggesting their quick money scheme needs to go but that is just my two cents. No real risk to scuba diving other than a shark and it pays ridiculous. 

• Like 3

no idea why people consider supercars as endgame content in an RP server , or anything at all. whenever people ask me what type of RP server is Badlands, i just say it's GTA Online Light. Cause that seems to be the right answer to that question. back on topic: people need a nerf, not scuba payouts. characters should have a story and cars that fits their story and lifestyle. well that should be the case on an RP server. right? :D

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I'm conflicted.

I agree it needs nerfing (or other jobs buffing) because everyone is just diving all day striving to get super cars and whatever else and takes away from RP.

Though I also agree that it doesn't need nerfing because it's an RP server and the sole focus isn't supposed to be just grinding all day to have loads of money. 

I agree. Scuba is super out of balance at the moment to the point where it makes so sense to do other jobs. 

14 minutes ago, Kai McKee / MoistGoat said:

I'm conflicted.

I agree it needs nerfing (or other jobs buffing) because everyone is just diving all day striving to get super cars and whatever else and takes away from RP.

Though I also agree that it doesn't need nerfing because it's an RP server and the sole focus isn't supposed to be just grinding all day to have loads of money. 

That's why it makes sense to make all jobs pay about the same. Then, ideally, you would pick a job that fits your character rather than grinding the fuck out of that one OP job.

• Like 5

TBH, not to bring other servers into this, but another server had the exact same issue, not going to name anything. they implemented a new job (diving), and illegal activities were being done by nobody due to the income of diving. Their solution to this was to buff drug sales. Almost instantly players were beginning to do drugs again, and the balance of the server was [slightly] restored.

Right now BLRP is extremely grindy when it comes to making money, and lets be honest, money gives you a lot of things. Players want money, its built into us as humans. We want money so we can buy nice things and use those nice things during our experience on the server. Drugs have been irrelevant for a very long time, and most players do it only for the RP with the cops. We are constantly told that we should not be grinding for money, and that this is a RP server, not GTA : Online, but we are forced to do so if we want a car worth over $200k. An inventory of marijuana is worth $12k, with a full car, but one trucking job can easily get me $2-6k. 

I personally hate grinding. i hate repetitive tasks, i hate making money in any game. For the longest time i walked around with $500k, did no grinding, and only collected basic income, went on duty as a police officer, and went on duty as EMS. Even with these, my bank account was stagnant. I either went up 10k/day, or went down alot more than that due to paying fines, buying items, pulling out multiple cars per day. 

My point being, alot of people are extremely concerned about the economy, and players not having all of the nice things. Yes, it is important, but in its previous state before diving, it was almost un-achievable to get these awesome things (Houses, Super cars, multiple vehicles in the garage). Before the diving update, i had $500k in the bank and two vehicles worth a total of $500k. Diving gave me great opportunity, but i still had to sell all my cars, and take out a $1M loan form a friend to get the super car i have today ($2.3M). I still don't have a house, I still want to get married (For the role-play, love ya Kai <3), and still want to open a business in the future update.  This all still totals to $4M+, which is still going to take an extremely long time no matter which job i do. I think the economy needs to be re-looked, in the aspect that maybe taking a risk and doing illegal activities should give more than pocket change. I have not done job center activities, so i cannot speak for those. But store robberies should give a little more than $5k, and drugs should sell for a little more (Maybe 20-25k/inv instead of 12k). Just my opinion, i could be totally wrong, im not the one developing the server, and i still appreciate everything that we are given. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Muroko said:

no idea why people consider supercars as endgame content in an RP server , or anything at all. whenever people ask me what type of RP server is Badlands, i just say it's GTA Online Light. Cause that seems to be the right answer to that question. back on topic: people need a nerf, not scuba payouts. characters should have a story and cars that fits their story and lifestyle. well that should be the case on an RP server. right? :D

This is spot on. Everyone has a super car and it's not even a thing that makes anyone different. Bringing it to legion to show it off is all anyone does. It would be great to have more RP oriented stuff then just, I have a super car look at it!

• Like 5

I guess this goes a little bit off from topic but anyways. Let’s say I want 3,4mil. supercar. To get that money, I have to grind for +120h (average job payment in an hour is +/- $30k.) I work full day IRL and I have only a few hours time to play/day during the weekdays. This just makes me not want to play because I should only grind to get nice stuff and have zero RP. And there’s not really that many jobs that you can do with decent payout and RP same time. For example, almost nobody uses taxi and you can’t earn much doing that. 

While I am newer to the server I have to say everyth8ng I’ve read about the economy is spot on. All of the grinding does take away from rp time. Maybe it’s not so bad once you have higher amounts of money and been on much longer then I have so far, but starting out grinding away is all I have time for if I want much more then the basics and the cheapest of vehicles. 

• Like 1

• speed locked this topic