Discord

Can the discord be broken up a bit more? Is it to not be used for anything from in-server other than dispatch for EMS/PD? I'm just a little confused, I see people posting things in various channels and then getting shut down (sometimes quite rudely) when they're new to the server. 

Maybe put in the description of the text channel whether server-related chat will be tolerated or not? 

Also, let's all try and be kind to the new residents who move here - we don't want to scare them off by being rude :)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Amybos said:

Maybe a trucker channel too for the truckers out there

Use a public channel for trucker channel if you'd like.

You have to understand here, us older players have explained the exact same things hundreds of times. Yes it may seem unfair to new players that we give them the most basic and blunt answer possible or just don't answer at all, but 90% of questions can be solved if they just had 5 IQ or if they would just go on the forums or even just scroll up in the help channel..
Do I think we could be less blunt about things? Yes... If they attempt to help themselves first, which is pretty evident close to no one does.

Edited by Bret Prozekt [2475]
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

There used to be a game chat channel that got deleted a while ago, not sure why, im gonna assume it was to avoid the infamous metagaming... but its just my opinion. When you click on every channel, there is a very brief description on the right side of the title at the top.

I agree with Bret that after answering the same questions over and over again for months, it can be a little tiring. But I think there is a difference between blunt and plain old rude. Some people are just rude, and that is what Hudson here is talking about, I see it too. Not everybody is as welcoming as some are, but if you can't refrain from answering nicely or without rudeness, then just don't. 

• Like 2

Majority of people don't take the time to read. They don't take the time to check the forums. They don't take the time to try the search box on the forum or discord. People will be more apt to kindness and to help when you yourself try to help yourself. Majority of questions can be answered by checking the forums. 

As for more discord channels. No need.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1