Suggestion for Businesses 2.0

Nativi

I think it would be very helpful to extend the jobs listed in the job center with player-listed jobs.  So from my perspective as an employer, I have an easy interface to hire people, increasing socializing (and thus RP). From the employee's perspective: he is bored with grinding the same old repetitive tasks of the basic jobs and wants to try out some other job. He can now just go to job center and check out what listings there are and if any of those sound interesting RP-wise. This wouldn't require any new big game-mechanic to be implemented: just give businesses the possibility to post listings and the rest would be RPed.

I think it would decrease twitterspamming, increase a feeling of interpersonal connections and histories between players and thus enhance RP.  Just my two cents.

Edited by Nativi

@Thorgs
Because I was explicitly asked by a mod to do so. It's also a very specific suggestion for the business expansion I'm looking forward to.

I don't really understand your point tbh. This suggestion has nothing to do with SaltyBear's post as I'm not suggesting adding actual jobs. I'm simply suggesting adding a sort of bulletin board to the job center were players can literally just write "WANTED security guard. One week, good pay call 551-4587". So under the normal jobs you would have something like "local jobs" where "security guard" is an option. When you click it you see additional info and a phone number. That's it. It would be simple to make, integrates nicely into the job center (actually coded) jobs and would bring a ton of extra RP to the money grinding process.

Edited by Nativi

I honestly really like the idea of a job bulletin board in the job center. It might be a little tricky to pull off I think at first, but definitely doable. I guess it is another way to make it more immersive and keep ads spam off tweeter? I mean if you can post up your own ads  like "Hit man for hire" or "Looking for weed rollers" (just examples) the possibilities are endless and then everyone would know to go to the job center for more than just to pick up a taxi job.

I love anything that can bring more RP experience into the server.   :3

1 hour ago, Zatanna said:

I honestly really like the idea of a job bulletin board in the job center. It might be a little tricky to pull off I think at first, but definitely doable. I guess it is another way to make it more immersive and keep ads spam off tweeter? I mean if you can post up your own ads  like "Hit man for hire" or "Looking for weed rollers" (just examples) the possibilities are endless and then everyone would know to go to the job center for more than just to pick up a taxi job.

I love anything that can bring more RP experience into the server.   :3

Yeah Zatanna, my thoughts exactly.

@Thorgs
Ok will do, thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for the referal @Thorgs, 
and to @Nativi for contacting me.

@Zatanna - that's the idea we are building on. 
Right now we have two things to showcase what the community is up to, to give all the activities directly a frame and a place to shine.
First is the cities paper, we are always looking to advert your business or need, share your story and it's a fun way to immerse yourself into some city RP

Secondly, soon there will be a one stop site you can go to, where the city index will be.
There you can find out all active businesses in the city, services people offer, job and RP opportunities and the chance to promote your own business. 

Like Thorgs mentioned this way we can avoid having to weigh down @Serpico or @speed for scripting or the staff for moderation.
We are definitely looking at ways to showcase economy/player based RP to make it easier for players to connect.

If you would have any more questions or suggestions feel free to contact me :) 
Cheers!

• Like 2