Meter reader

what is the job?:    meter maid,parking attendant,parking enforcement 

how should it work?:  It should work in tandem with tow truck drivers. You should be able to CHARGE a small fee for parking OR be able to give minor tickets to npc AND player vehicles that are parked incorrectly or illegally.

Why should we add this?  :   it would relieve the tow drivers of having more responsibility ,it would help with accountability in a RP scenario and it would provide more opportunities to RP.

Would it require a whitelist?:    No it should be an obtainable job BUT it should have one of those little videos you have to watch about the job just like the driving test for added incentive to NOT BE A PARKING DICK you could add in some type of buy able license giving you access to this job

Where could this job be used the most? : LEGION ! /merchants/clothing stores/ECT

What made me think of this?

Well ,some of you have probably seen me already down at the peach merchant dressed in all white security attire charging 100$ for parking in the lot that is designated (merchant).

Now i didnt originally start doing this for money. I started doing it to protect those whom were getting robbed at peaches. The added 100$ parking was just an incentive to keep me there as i was only getting the standard pay of 200$ (keeping you guys safe isnt easy or free)

EXAMPLES OF GREAT RP IN THIS SCENARIO

Guy pulls in. i tell him its 100$ to park here. He parks across the street. 5 minutes later after running back and forth. he comes back. says "you know, i will pay that 100 actually" and went along his way.

EXAMPLES OF TOXIC RP IN THIS SCENARIO

Guy pulls in. i tell him the price. Instantly goes off on me saying 100$ is toooo much,and proceeds to tell everyone im trying to rob them.

Edited by bolosantos

If I recall, Tow Truck drivers don't have really anything to do, due to a current code break not allowing them to tow? I haven't tried in a few days, so please don't quote me, I just know since I've gotten my license to tow, and got my tow truck, I haven't been able to Tow a single vehicle that has been tagged by police. 

• Like 1

I have not tried towing in 2 weeks but the issue for me WASNT that i couldnt tow anything. The issue was there was simply no cops on at the time or they were all wrapped up in other calls. The meter reader job might alleviate some of that stress with Tow drivers getting work ,and police officers not having to stop a robbery call to come tag a car for you. It just seems police are too busy with other calls that outweigh tagging vehicles.

• Like 1

That is pretty cool that they have someone for this already.I havent seen you around yet . maybe i will this week. Do you do this for an entire play through or is it just a ,every now and then thing. Not trying to steal your hustle . But it would be a nice addition for a CIV job . probably easier said then done to add this in .but i can dream right ? 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Now I know this is something that is definitely talked about due to people parking at Legion and not wanting to pay a certain amount to park at Legion but we're relying on Legion too much to the point where we just go there and do nothing. Now with Parking Meters it's a heavily debated topic and I would like to see what others think about it in the comments :).

How I feel like it could work. If possible put immovable objects in front of the area's in question as i'll say Legion Square for now. I'll go ahead and say use this because it's literally what this post needs. 

JQsG6W0.png

Now no idea if it's possible to make it immovable but it would prevent people from A: Driving on the sidewalk (to an extent) and B: Potentially might stop an accidental VDM when trying to park.

Now what the Parking Meter's can actually do. They can give Bike Cops more RP, with the bring of EUP we got given the Bike Cop which I personally love, this is why I want to make more RP for the Bike Cop and I feel like Parking Meter's are the best way to go about it. For example, it might be pretty stupid but if you don't pay the parking meter an officer will be alerted about it and he will drive over (Not something important compared to fight call of course, only taken when nothing's happening.) It will also notify the player when needing to pay to make it balanced. 

I'm suggesting a small pay of $500 for like 5 minutes of parking or even 10 minutes, this can all be debated as it's something i'd rather see people talk about then just saying myself. 

The goods and bads.

Good:

- Will give good roleplay if you want to just sit at Legion and do bare minimum. (I say this with the intent to stop people from afking at Legion.)

- Bike cops have something they can do without feeling like a burden. 

- Gives more reasons to get out there and find people to RP with.

Bad:

- Would cause a little bit of hostility when dealing with situations with cops when strolling up. 

- Might cause a few issues that can be reported as a bug report.

Edited by Reckonity