More Guns / black market guns

i would really like to see more guns in the game not rocket launchers and op gun more  like for police  M4 carbine and MP5 and for black market  Ak47 mini uzi / ect  i feel this would help with more role play for the bank robbery's and store giving confidence to the criminals wiles backing the police force to help make it a fair playing ground  price wise you could make the Black market guns more expensive but people would buy them to use for the harder role play roles like store and banks  you could even implement a gun licence for the bigger guns    but No sniper rifles as they are hard to role play correctly   

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, NNEZZIE said:

I would really like to see more guns in the game. Not rocket launchers and OP guns; more like, for police, the M4 Carbine and MP5, and for black market, the AK47, Mini Uzi, etc. I feel this would help with roleplay for the bank and store robberies, giving confidence to the criminals whilst backing the police force to help make it a fair playing ground. Price wise, you could make the Black Market guns more expensive, and people would buy them to use for the harder roleplay roles like store bank robberies. You could even implement a gun licence for the bigger guns, even, but no sniper rifles as they are hard to roleplay correctly.

Fixed typing issues for you

We used to have automatic weapons available for civilians, but they proved too hard for cops to counter since we don't have automatic weapons, besides the VERY senior police, who have MP5s. Adding more automatic weapons to either side makes the roleplay second and gunplay first, which the staff team is actively trying to combat. Also, bank robberies don't exist here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Storrent said:

We used to have automatic weapons available for civilians, but they proved too hard for cops to counter since we don't have automatic weapons

This is not the reason. Main reason was exploits people had discovered. We have fixed them, but for several other reasons, we have decided to wait before re-adding them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Serpico said:

This is not the reason. Main reason was exploits people had discovered. We have fixed them, but for several other reasons, we have decided to wait before re-adding them.

I had heard otherwise, I apologize.

Edited by Storrent
forgot a word

3 hours ago, trycomb said:

im not an admin or DEV but i would assume that it would make it too easy for people to RDM you and not even have to be remotely close to you or seen by anyone . therefore there would probably be alot of RDMing and no one getting caught 

Oh...ok thx.

• Haha 6

thank you guys for the replies  really nice to see an active forum for this great community.  

if we was to not add assulte rifes then for players so no AK47  but to add maybe two sub machine guns  of your choice  or a sub and a shot gun and then for the police im not sure if this is already in place but you could add body armour and a M4 carbine  would that level it out so the cops have a higher balance of playing field    end of the day  even cops should fear there lifes  they have shot guns already  and im not gonna do dumb stuff with a hand gun     the revolver is a very pretty gun but thats just that its for show  reload time is slow  and per shot takes to long    but tottally up to you guys   

many thanks 

NEZ

• Like 1

On 5/19/2018 at 3:00 PM, NNEZZIE said:

thank you guys for the replies  really nice to see an active forum for this great community.  

if we was to not add assulte rifes then for players so no AK47  but to add maybe two sub machine guns  of your choice  or a sub and a shot gun and then for the police im not sure if this is already in place but you could add body armour and a M4 carbine  would that level it out so the cops have a higher balance of playing field    end of the day  even cops should fear there lifes  they have shot guns already  and im not gonna do dumb stuff with a hand gun     the revolver is a very pretty gun but thats just that its for show  reload time is slow  and per shot takes to long    but tottally up to you guys   

many thanks 

NEZ

The question that would be asked here is, what RP value would giving civs more high powered weapons? Would it add to actual RP or would it add to gun play? I think it would only bring more gun play. I would be up for civs having access to a sawed off shotgun (it being classified as an illegal weapon of course), but something like an AK47? No. Does the PD have shotguns? Yes they do, however not every officer has access to such a weapon. If we give civs more high powered weapons, that would come with changes to the PD. Changes to the PD would bring on more SOPs to be enforced and training. In the end we'd still have the same exact arguement. "Cops have *insert weapon* and I feel like civs should also have *insert weapon*" You see the road this could easily go down?

• Like 5

fair points from both sides and i see can see what everyone says  its something we as a community could do a vote on within discord or something   but id leave it up to server owners and admins to talk more about it to think it through     thanks everyone  for your feedback