Controller users - READ THIS

Merr Khan

***This article is more to inform the controller uses of the un-intended repercussions of using the punch button to close the menu***

I have a personal issue with controller usage in FiveM Gta-v-RP, I'll explain. 

To close the menu with a keyboard one would use "backspace".

To close this same menu from a controller is "Circle or B", this button also makes your character throw a punch. Which 99% of controller user's think is just a normal mechanic, And they are doing nothing wrong, and get upset when cops are constantly stopping by asking about fights.  

IT IS NOT!!!! 

This is 1 of the more annoying things I have to deal with, all the false fight calls that come in over dispatch, while on duty as an LEO. 

Imagine if 3-5+ players are using controllers, and every time they close their trunk, or smoke a cig, or use an emote, send a text, they are throwing a punch while closing the menu. 

The false fight reports are none stop some times. 

While using a controller really doesn't add to that user's immersion, It is extremely detrimental to the immersion of the player's who are RP'ing as LEO.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In closing, I am not asking you to stop using a controller, Instead just reach the 3-6 inches to your keyboard AND HIT BACKSPACE.... Please & Thank you

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

the phone works with the pad just when you open the car it pulls out the new phone m is still the old phone ,the punching is tricky on pad as cancel n punch are bound to same pad but most people are pretty calm as long as no more agro is caused and people apologise and maybe offer pills as compensation ... but yeah iv seen the chaos it causes 

Edited by RuffNeck Killah

2 minutes ago, RuffNeck Killah said:

the phone works with the pad just when you open the car it pulls out the new phone m is still the old phone ,the punching is tricky on pad as cancel n punch are bound to same pad but most people are pretty calm as long as no more agro is caused and people apologise and maybe offer pills as compensation ... but yeah iv seen the chaos it causes 

The issue is whenever someone throws a punch, regardless of whether or not it connects, it alerts the police. We've been starting to ignore these calls just because they more often than not go nowhere, and this could be bad for whenever there's a real fight going on that needs police attention.

Just now, Storrent said:

The issue is whenever someone throws a punch, regardless of whether or not it connects, it alerts the police. We've been starting to ignore these calls just because they more often than not go nowhere, and this could be bad for whenever there's a real fight going on that needs police attention.

yeah true that my bad man i see how that is a huge ball ache fully agree 

As a controller user myself I have learned enough to always stay away from the B button. The only time I use the controller is driving and walking around. Unless I am engaged in combat. All menu interactions are done via keyboard. People who dont care about the punches just dont care about the RP or hurting other accidentally. I had did it last night by accident but this was a keyboard issue and was nearly beat down because I got too fast for the new phone to type. Most people here know if one punch is thrown all that it's a mistake and others shouldn't have to react so quickly. From a PD side of it is that if you only get one Fight initiated then you know it was a mistake, but if you see more than one then you know someone is fighting. Why show up to just one alert?

For all you controller users, I understand you may prefer/be more comfortable with a controller. Due to the limited number of keybinds avail and to the intricacies of GTA5 controls, controllers will not get any support. 

If you chose to use a controller, you might want to look at a key remapper like https://www.rewasd.com/ . I don't use a controller so I cant confirm if this will work.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Serpico said:

For all you controller users, I understand you may prefer/be more comfortable with a controller. Due to the limited number of keybinds avail and to the intricacies of GTA5 controls, controllers will not get any support. 

If you chose to use a controller, you might want to look at a key remapper like https://www.rewasd.com/ . I don't use a controller so I cant confirm if this will work.

thanks

4 hours ago, Ren Yates said:

From a PD side of it is that if you only get one Fight initiated then you know it was a mistake, but if you see more than one then you know someone is fighting. Why show up to just one alert?

What if that one alert is at a gold or peach stop? What if it's at a store or a bank? Someone could be getting robbed and have no way to alert the police because they are busy abiding their captors. If we weren't all numb to erroneous disturbance calls, we'd be more likely to take these complaints seriously and react more swiftly, rather than wait for subsequent reports before thinking, "I guess I should check that out."

3 hours ago, Serpico said:

The remappers dont fix the issue, because you can't undo the default controller binds. So Y will now always open the phone. 

The easy fix would be changing the code from one punch= police alert / changed to equal 2 punches= police alert, or take the alert out. imo :/

Altho, being that there will be Zero controller updates that's not a fix. F to open door, and backspace to close phone and menus is only fix

Edited by Sore