Car speeds

I mean while yes you're correct that many people only care about speed when it comes to cars, I think the cars should stay the same as at the moment the cars are balanced for the prices. Tesla cars are mainly known for being electric and acceleration, while they have good speed they're trying to balance them out. The only cars that can actually make it over 160mph are Super cars and it's made like that because they're the most expensive and if you wanna go fast you will need one of these. 

So for a conclusion on what i've said, the speeds are fine and making them even higher would be problematic with just more crashes. If you make a car too fast then it's just gonna be overpowered.

I'm against faster cars tbh. Theres more to the city in RP than just fancy cars. Most people cant control the cars at the speeds they go now. Do you honestly feel the need to get from the city to Paleto a whole minute faster than you can now? All the cars, as far as I can tell, are balanced in handling, speed, and gas consumption so as not to make any one car OP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vdept said:

No wanting all the cars to be like race cars but just reasonable speeds for the car. e.g. the jester shouldn't top out at what it does, should be able to compete with the cog cabrio

@VdeptThis topic has been brought up ad nauseam on the forums. The speeds of these vehicles were edited manually one by one to match the price point of their class (sports, super, offroad, sedan, etc) and it's a painstaking process, one that I don't want to spend the next 3 years of my life doing just so someone can say "Wow, the Tesla counterpart in this server actually hits 155mph just like the real one!" The speeds we set in place we feel comfortable keeping at the moment. Like Reckonity eluded to it's more about the speeds matching their prices within our server and within their class, it's not about comparing the GTA version of a real life vehicle and editing it to be identical because that's an enormous amount of work for little payoff. If any one car is ridiculously faster than it should be according to it's price then feel free to let me know and I'll look into it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Osk said:

@VdeptThis topic has been brought up ad nauseam on the forums. The speeds of these vehicles were edited manually one by one to match the price point of their class (sports, super, offroad, sedan, etc) and it's a painstaking process, one that I don't want to spend the next 3 years of my life doing just so someone can say "Wow, the Tesla counterpart in this server actually hits 155mph just like the real one!" The speeds we set in place we feel comfortable keeping at the moment. Like Reckonity eluded to it's more about the speeds matching their prices within our server and within their class, it's not about comparing the GTA version of a real life vehicle and editing it to be identical because that's an enormous amount of work for little payoff. If any one car is ridiculously faster than it should be according to it's price then feel free to let me know and I'll look into it.

my http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Virgo_Classic_Custom has all kind of bugs. like it doesn't show up in my garage, like it should :D

• Haha 1