Business funds

Alexia Kade

Just a really quick suggestion,

I feel like every employee should have access to the business funds. Deposit and see how much is there, not withdraw. Kinda hard to get thhe business running if there is not enough funds to keep going and the CEO isn’t in the game. Or even maybe an option for the CEO to “give bank access to..” and manage who can access. No withdraw, just deposit/see again.

??

Edited by Alexia Kade
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, ImVexal said:

One of the reasons mentioned was in case the CEO wasn't online

Pick a better ceo.

Joke answer, but I’m also serious. If your ceo isn’t leaving enough money for the business to run while he’s not around, he’s not doing his job as the owner of the company. Proper business management is part of the fun.

Maybe @Flori and @Str84it could offer some business management workshops? :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, speed said:

Pick a better ceo.

Joke answer, but I’m also serious. If your ceo isn’t leaving enough money for the business to run while he’s not around, he’s not doing his job as the owner of the company. Proper business management is part of the fun.

Valid point speed... 

I believe that the “give bank access to” would open opportunities of partnership. The owner of the business can decide to only give the bank access to one of his employees to now become their partner/vice president or for more open business, give access to all employees.

Its about 240k/480k (if I push it for both ingredients) at all time in the business bank to be able to do hourly shipments or leaves/yeast, per day. I believe having a good CEO is fundamental, but letting someone else access the bank would also open multiple RP opportunities like giving roles to people as CEO, vice president, receptionnist, finances manager, contracts manager, and so on. We still can do it, but I believe my suggestion would favoritise it. ?

Edited by Alexia Kade
  • Like 3

I feel like the RP opportunities are already there, they are upto us, not what says in a computer. This is what we do, play roles. I don't personally think we need to re-create a whole HR/Administrative system in a game that is not supposed to simulate that, but that's just my opinion. I'd rather have the devs continue to work on upgrades or more business opportunities that can ONLY work with implemented mechanics, than on stuff that we as players can just roleplay out.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2018 at 6:51 PM, speed said:

Pick a better ceo.

If 4 people put 500k into the business to buy it and the person who was selected as CEO has an unexpected reason to leave the city for extended periods of time, what then? I dont think what Alexia is asking for is game breaking or business breaking or even role play breaking. Proper business management is part of the fun, sure, but if the original owner has to leave the city and the other partners cant access the account, then the business dies even if the 3 others are fully active. I dont see that as being good roleplay.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ValkyrieBlu said:

If 4 people put 500k into the business to buy it and the person who was selected as CEO has an unexpected reason to leave the city for extended periods of time, what then? I dont think what Alexia is asking for is game breaking or business breaking or even role play breaking. Proper business management is part of the fun, sure, but if the original owner has to leave the city and the other partners cant access the account, then the business dies even if the 3 others are fully active. I dont see that as being good roleplay.

That would be an extenuating circumstance, at which point you should have the CEO submit a support request asking for a transfer of ownership until they're able to return.

We're not going to develop content around edge cases such as a single person needing to leave the server. The content was developed with the idea that someone (not multiple someones) are responsible for the business day to day operations.

• Like 2

I think the current system in place only works in the intended business way if people had regular work hours. This way the CEO would have a standard amount of business expected to be done on xyz days and could plan for it way in advance.

However, what puts a wrench in this current system, is that people are not able to put in regular hours like they would at a job, since most of us are here on our off time. I may be here tomorrow but then you may not see me until Tuesday. And this could be at the drop of a hat. But now I've fucked my in-city business that I and others do for fun since I can't put in more money. 

I think it's a good idea to allow more than just the CEO access to the depositing of a business account.

Edited by Serena
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Serena said:

I think the current system in place only works in the intended business way if people had regular work hours. This way the CEO would have a standard amount of business expected to be done on xyz days and could plan for it way in advance.

However, what puts a wrench in this current system, is that people are not able to put in regular hours like they would at a job, since most of us are here on our off time. I may be here tomorrow but then you may not see me until Tuesday. And this could be at the drop of a hat. But now I've fucked my in-city business that I and others do for fun since I can't put in more money. 

I think it's a good idea to allow more than just the CEO access to the depositing of a business account.

You seem to be missing the point. If you aren't able to dedicate the time or money to keep your business running even in your absence, you should not run a business.

The system was designed this way on purpose. If you don't have an owner that is able and willing to properly support their business, you are going to fail.

And that's how it should be. The system is not going to change.

• Like 6