Store robbery canceled too soon

Merr Khan

Just a thought, Would love to see a function that punishes the players who, Start a robbery and cancel within an unrealistic amount of time for a mistaken cancel.  

This to me means only 1 thing. Meta gaming to see if cops are on. 

I can see a robbery being canceled after 30-45 sec+, they got to far away, buddy accidentally knocked out the robber, or cops were right around the corner so they fled.

But anything less then that is simple run in, hit the button, & run out as fast as you can. 

My idea on this is to auto time-out & back of the queue for any player that does this, that way the meta gamed info is lost in queue....... And will make them think twice about doing it again. 

• Like 4

I agree with this to a point where it could maybe be worked around because bare in mind i've done it sometimes where i've tried to move into position and cancelled the robbery before the 30+ second mark so maybe work around something like that.

The idea in general is amazing if it's thought about. Just gotta find a good and suitable way to punish players for this.

• Like 1

I'm in favor of a forced animation of cracking a safe, or something akin to that for about 30 seconds, such as locking the doors. Combine this with expanding the "robbery zone" to reach the entire store of the 24/7s in the city (Little Seoul, Mirror Park, the ones with the register on the right side of the building) as well, since going to the register closest to the window cancels the robbery. 

Edited by Storrent
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Storrent said:

I'm in favor of a forced animation of cracking a safe, or something akin to that for about 30 seconds, such as locking the doors. Combine this with expanding the "robbery zone" to reach the entire store of the 24/7s in the city (Little Seoul, Mirror Park, the ones with the register on the right side of the building) as well, since going to the register closest to the window cancels the robbery. 

I believe Brendan Thomson was working on something like this, don't know if it was scraped or something but in this case it had a safe cracking minigame.

I forgot to add, this isn't just a Cop thing.

I can't count how many times I've spent 30+ min gathering a crew, planning, cold run throughs, setting up, and then getting a legit hostage. 
Now i'm locked to the hostage time limit rule......

AND BAM, no balls robbery, Now I have to let my hostage go and start all over. 

If the person got timed out at the same time as the canceled robbery now i have someone to report for disruptive behavior.  

Edited by Merr Khan
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Merr Khan said:

I forgot to add, this isn't just a Cop thing.

I can't count how many times I've spent 30+ min gathering a crew, planning, cold run throughs, setting up, and then getting a legit hostage. 
Now i'm locked to the hostage time limit rule......

AND BAM, no balls robbery, Now I have to let my hostage go and start all over. 

Don't do store robberys anymore. I'll rob a bank 

That would work if the robbery takes a bit longer but for 30 seconds it tells the one triggering the robbery info. "You are starting a robbery, probably cops will alerted as this place seems to have alarms and cameras. Stop right now or face the consequences" and after the 30 seconds if not stop, all the normal things. Check if cops are online and start the robbery and if no cops just say "Seems like the safe was empty, you will have to try again later".

Why? Because you will always have new players that will try things out and you need to give them some time to realize that they are triggering something. Checking out what circles and other glowing rings do is something normal. So that way legit noobs would have time to pull away. 

This way could be still used to check if cops are online, but let's face it. Unless a offduty PD officer meta to know if cops are around, the rest of the players have no way of knowing if cops are around, unless they have seen them around the city. But if along with this change a rule of commit to the robbery till PD arrives if the grace period of 30 seconds have passed, then you got it.

3 hours ago, Tomas García said:

That would work if the robbery takes a bit longer but for 30 seconds it tells the one triggering the robbery info. "You are starting a robbery, probably cops will alerted as this place seems to have alarms and cameras. Stop right now or face the consequences" and after the 30 seconds if not stop, all the normal things. Check if cops are online and start the robbery and if no cops just say "Seems like the safe was empty, you will have to try again later".

Why? Because you will always have new players that will try things out and you need to give them some time to realize that they are triggering something. Checking out what circles and other glowing rings do is something normal. So that way legit noobs would have time to pull away. 

This way could be still used to check if cops are online, but let's face it. Unless a offduty PD officer meta to know if cops are around, the rest of the players have no way of knowing if cops are around, unless they have seen them around the city. But if along with this change a rule of commit to the robbery till PD arrives if the grace period of 30 seconds have passed, then you got it.

What if the store is always robbable no matter if cops are on or not and when no cops are on after about 90 seconds it cancels the robbery saying something like what you said like the safe is empty. This way people could still find out if there are cops on or not but it would take longer than it does now and it may discourage them from trying.

• Like 1

What @Tophat Pigeon said.  If  PD check gets removed and the robbery work the same way, triggering the news and taking the same time, it could work. Don't remember the amount of cash you can get for a robbery but if cops are not around could be lowered or just the same.  After all there is a global cool down after each robbery if I'm not wrong. 

So players looking forward generating RP with cops, should do robberies when they see PD around the city.
And those that don't care or want to use the robbery to check if cops are around, will waste some time at least. But actually there are other ways to find if cops are around but all are fail RP, like faking a robbery so I won't even mention them. Any system that checks for cops can be misused to find out if cops are online.

Tho one thing to still tackle is avoid people triggering robbery and running away little after just to troll cops of distract them while someone else does crimes at the other side of the map.

Edited by Tomas García
  • Like 2