Cop emotes/interactions with Locals - Cuffing etc

Dashfere

Hello! 
Quick one here. Knowing our coders and developers are gods of some variety, do you think it would be possible to have actual emotes or physical interactions with locals as a cop.
I love getting into chases and having to deal with locals who have rammed Civilians or got into a pickle of some sort and as far as I have seen so do the civs who have been involved in these scenes.
It would add a new level of RP and cop vs city interactions especially on the quieter days or when training recruits!!
I'm talking about initiating traffic stops, handcuffing, transporting (to eventually just drop them at mission row etc, rp value) pursuits etc..
I would look for possible links of 'packs' but I'm a noob and I have no idea where to even start with that.. The only thing close is this but it talks about menus etc..

https://forum.fivem.net/t/release-police-interaction-script/155868/86

If that made no sense I apologise...

• Like 5

That's not the aim. The aim is to create an interaction between AI and cops such as cuffing and transporting for those times when we get into a local chase if we mis-identify that it's a local or they are involved in a traffic scene/fight with the civs.. It's not to straight up just interact with locals instead of patrolling or doing civ interactions. Am I making sense?

• Like 1

I see this as an Immersion thing, When a local "rear ends" a players car, why wouldn't I conduct a traffic stop and arrest that local? That is RP for the Player that got hit, And helps maintain any immersion they might have.  

Pretty sure that's what the SOP says anyway. "locals are treated the same as players". 

2nd part I can see is when locals are in "Illegal areas". Players always complain that we do nothing to them, "that guys here too".

Being able to interact with locals, Simply cuffing them too, This to could be a situation were the immersion would be maintained and the RP value that is created for the Player or players involved is Priceless (IMO).

• Like 4

us the vegasses use the locals all the time... when there are other players around it can be loads of fun. It wouldn't replace player/player RP at all imo. locals are just there, part of city, part of our daily lives, i would love to see this. (EMS can revive locals... so maybe more can be added for civ/pd side too)

• Like 3

+1 for this idea.
I know myself and alot of other officers use locals to expand on RP for themselves and even just for onlooking civ's. You get rammed by a local at legion. Instead of just driving on, you interact with the local. This usually then sparks other player civ's to talk and get involved in the scenario.

I undertstand serpico's point regarding officer's forgetting about drug area's or illegals. An SOP may be required to clarify the correct use of interactiing with locals. Used in the correct way though this possible addition will be a great bonus to expanding current RP situations, further aiding in Player vs Player interaction.

• Like 1

While it may add to the immersion, as Serpico said, the server is here for RP purposes.  Cops don't need to just RP when a crime happens, community policing, patrolling legal areas, etc are all great ways to pass the time on the 'slower shifts'.  I don't see this as being a large value add and would prefer to see development activities go towards player vs player interactions.