What would it require to run server #2 24 hrs a day?

Steven Butler

I am just curious what it would take in order to run server #2 for 24 hours a day, or maybe just 24 hours a day on weekends because weekends seem to be the busiest time of the week.. I don't expect you to change it right away or anything I am just curious as to why it is not ran 24/7 like server #1 is, and what it would take to make it run 24/7 like server #1 

This is simply out of curiosity, if it is a financial thing or a server connection thing, I'm just curious to know what it would take to make the switch to have server #2 be a 24/7 server as well. Because if it is something that the community can help achieve I am sure a lot of ppl would help out, Including myself :)

Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Steven Butler said:

I am just curious what it would take in order to run server #2 for 24 hours a day, or maybe just 24 hours a day on weekends because weekends seem to be the busiest time of the week.. I don't expect you to change it right away or anything I am just curious as to why it is not ran 24/7 like server #1 is, and what it would take to make it run 24/7 like server #1 

This is simply out of curiosity, if it is a financial thing or a server connection thing, I'm just curious to know what it would take to make the switch to have server #2 be a 24/7 server as well. Because if it is something that the community can help achieve I am sure a lot of ppl would help out, Including myself :)

Thanks.

The server's have actually been suffering from players recently with the new games coming out this year, specifically Red Dead Redemption 2 and it's been a lot easier to get in the server. So I highly doubt they'll put server 2 up for 24 hours. Even on weekends Server 1's queue before Server 2 is up lacks the players for Server 2 to be up. One of the reasons why it's not up at this time is because people use it as a grinding server so they're trying to prevent that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, J. Costello said:

I would enjoy seeing it open through the night on Friday and Saturday nights.  I understand why they close it during the week, but the weekend queues into #1 after #2 shuts down can be insane.

That's the keyword "Can". Like I said the reason they stop it is because it becomes a situation of straight up grinding and no cops to stop them making no RP at all. For an RP server a lot of people forget to actually RP. Also 10 queues are annoying and we all know this but 10 queues would only popular 1/3 of the city population cap. Making it into the situation with barely any cops.

• Like 1

+1.

Can we try it during weekends at least. The population seems to support it because of queue length.

It sucks if you are in middle of RP qnd at 1am CsT you dont click early enough on restart and you end up 20+in queue or the people you are RPing with get that.

Pretty much ends your night for fivem.

• Like 1

12 minutes after 2am EST restart, there's no queue right now. Now I know this isn't a normal thing, but it does prove that there wouldn't be a strong enough playerbase for the second server after this server restart. Just further proving that it would turn into a grinding server more than an RP server.
Again, I know this isn't the usual queue. However I do feel that there wouldn't be more than 10-15 people in this queue on a weekend. Which just wouldn't make sense for a server to be open for it to be 1/3 of the server filled.
Just my two cents.

• Like 3

On 11/10/2018 at 10:54 PM, Reuben ~ Reckonity said:

That's the keyword "Can". Like I said the reason they stop it is because it becomes a situation of straight up grinding and no cops to stop them making no RP at all. For an RP server a lot of people forget to actually RP. Also 10 queues are annoying and we all know this but 10 queues would only popular 1/3 of the city population cap. Making it into the situation with barely any cops.

Grinding is rp though, thats how you meet people and rp stuff...people making jokes while working is rp...

4 hours ago, tuchenz said:

Grinding is rp though, thats how you meet people and rp stuff...people making jokes while working is rp...

So you'd call Grinding RP when you can't get busted, no one is around you and all you're doing is making meth in the middle of nowhere... You've brought up one occasion that i've barely saw in this server. Everytime I join S2 when it's pretty empty when coming up, it's a literal ghost town... No one tweets, no one is around and RP'ing even at Legion it's dead.

Edited by Reuben ~ Reckonity

11 hours ago, tuchenz said:

thats how you meet people and rp stuff...people making jokes while working is rp

Umm with 10 people on the server chances are you will not run into them so RP won't happen just like Reuben said it's not worth it! Its been proven the Dev's just dont turn a blind eye to it so thats why its not up. If have seen in the past when it was up like 3-5 people on it for hours you just are not there to RP but just grind with no consequences.

• Like 1