Handcuffs and being downed

paska

As it stands right now, handcuffs make you invincible. You can not die. You can sit there and deplete the 15 minute bleed out timer and you're still kept alive because of the handcuffs. Personally I think this is a little ridiculous. I'm all for handcuffs preventing a respawn that the player would choose to get out of cuffs. If a person bleeds out, cuffs or not, the person should die. 

• Like 2

I'll back this, Only if you perm your character after you die in cuffs. The reason this is in place is to prevent people from respawning instead of waiting it out to be dealt with by the police. They use it as a method of escape when we have to go catch them again cause they don't wanna go to jail. If you die in handcuffs your character should be wiped then to prevent you from using it as a method of escape. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ImVexal said:

I'll back this, Only if you perm your character after you die in cuffs. The reason this is in place is to prevent people from respawning instead of waiting it out to be dealt with by the police. They use it as a method of escape when we have to go catch them again cause they don't wanna go to jail. If you die in handcuffs your character should be wiped then to prevent you from using it as a method of escape. 

I like this idea. Im all for wiping people accounts ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, ImVexal said:

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm trying to say. While in handcuffs, you're prevented from pressing Y to respawn. I am okay with that. What I'd like to see changed is the mechanic put in place that even after the 15 minute bleed out timer runs out but you're still left on the ground to be dealt with eventually. At this point not only do you sit through 15+ minutes waiting to be revived you're also facing jailtime most likely.  You can be stabalized to add more time to allow EMS to get there or the officers to transport you to the hospital for treatment. If nothing is done to you to extend that timer I feel when it ends you should respawn. 

Edited by Joe Pazkowski

Had a officer put there hands up while locals shot me down while i was IN CUFFS to avoid rp of someone getting me out of cuffs.

I think lock picking cuffs would be a better solution because officers don't value civs lives in cuffs.

Can say that because I've witness people dying multiple times and officers taking cover and not moving the cuffed person to safety.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, errorlink said:

Had a officer put there hands up while locals shot me down while i was IN CUFFS to avoid rp of someone getting me out of cuffs.

I think lock picking cuffs would be a better solution because officers don't value civs lives in cuffs.

Can say that because I've witness people dying multiple times and officers taking cover and not moving the cuffed person to safety.

Not really what he's talking about here. He's talking about the bleedout timer and injuries sustained when already down and placed in cuffs. 
And that recount of events is incorrect. I suggest creating a new topic to discuss lock picks for cuffs. Unless there already is one. :)

8 minutes ago, errorlink said:

And what got the locals mad?  Because if they weren't attacking the cop it was not from his action.

It's been said already, the cuffs work the way they do so people can't commit suicide by cop and avoid RP.  It's not often that it's that long to be revivied.  Of course if you RP your ass off then hopefully the cops adjust your sentence on the tail end.  You control a lot of your destiny in this case, we've just removed dying as one of those options.

12 minutes ago, Dashfere said:

The whole point of the bleed out timer being dismissed when in cuffs is to stop people doing crimes and then simply re-spawning to get out of doing the time. Action/consequence.

You're right, actions to have consequences. Leaving a person who is bleeding out on the ground for an extended period would result in then eventually bleeding out. I feel it should be on officers or ems to keep a patient stabalized during that time. If left untreated at all that person should "die" and respawn. You're already losing a decent amount when you die. Everything on you is gone (money, items, and weapons). You're strength also gets reset. There is punishment if you get revived or not.

• Like 1

I personally make every effort to aid and stabilise downed people regardless of their involvement in any criminal activity. Providing CPR (Even if it's the /em tendtodead) etc even though their timer is 'frozen'. I understand that people lose strength, equipment, inventory etc but if that was the case and you did have the possibility of dying whilst doing these activities people would carry the bare minimum and thus the consequence could be reduced significantly in some cases. Do you have any ideas/suggestions other than just let them bleed out if they aren't catered to?

29 minutes ago, Joe Pazkowski said:

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm trying to say. While in handcuffs, you're prevented from pressing Y to respawn. I am okay with that. What I'd like to see changed is the mechanic put in place that even after the 15 minute bleed out timer runs out but you're still left on the ground to be dealt with eventually. At this point not only do you sit through 15+ minutes waiting to be revived you're also facing jailtime most likely.  You can be stabalized to add more time to allow EMS to get there or the officers to transport you to the hospital for treatment. If nothing is done to you to extend that timer I feel when it ends you should respawn. 

I know exactly what you mean man... If you RP it out well you should be rewarded when it comes to processing. Most of the time we do try and stabilise you as best as we can until ems can arrive. Sometimes things happen, like a buddy trying to bust you out... Sometimes things happen which prevent us from immediately tending to you. If you don't want to deal with being in handcuffs and downed waiting for EMS because something more serious has come up that i can't tend to you then you really should have thought about the consequences which led to you been arrested.  People are using this to avoid RP hence why it's in place and as I said before I won't back this unless you take the ultimate consequence which is dying and not being able to continue that character....