Bus Driver as new job?

Penny Lane

What does everyone think about a possible new legal job of Bus Driver in the city? It was nice to see them appear (i understand they are back from a break) and I would genuinely love pootling about as a bus driver in this city. 

Even if they are just point to point tasks that get you money, that would be fun. But if its possible to step it up a notch, I would LOVE to be able to offer lifts to citizens and locals, similar to the taxi but free given that the "city" pays the bus drivers wage. This would be especially helpful for those new players who seem reluctant to use the bikes...

• Like 3

im not sure a lot of people would actually do it, same with taxi, they try it but get bored and sell their cabs. (maybe this is food for thought for this job, if there is anyway to improve it somehow to make it more appealing, aside of you know.. pure RP)

I love the fact that new players get free bikes at the subway station, many of them use them, many ditch them right away to try to steal locals' cars or ask for a ride to get to driving school and Licence dept. Now, regarding the public bus idea, i think it would be really cool to actually have AI drive a bus from the subway station, to driving school, to licence department and back to subway st. Like a normal bus line. Don't even know if this is possible to code but if it is and staff is interested, i can volunteer to find suitable bus stops around those areas. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Serena said:

There's no reason you can't really RP this out as is by lockpicking a local bus. I feel like if people utilized taxi more then a bus driver job could be interesting, but really just... No one does, from what I can tell. It's once in a blue moon.

Oh yeah i am happy to RP it out. just thought it was worth mentioning in case there were others interested in it as a job.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/6/2019 at 7:10 AM, Flori said:

im not sure a lot of people would actually do it, same with taxi, they try it but get bored and sell their cabs. (maybe this is food for thought for this job, if there is anyway to improve it somehow to make it more appealing, aside of you know.. pure RP)

This is the issue. We could add it, sure. But realistically nobody would use it.

• Like 1

How about the bus drivers following actual routes around and stuff, for like every other station they would have to wait a few seconds, and if a player gets in he has to buy a ticket that gives the bus driver some more money for the job or whatever, it could make public transportation a thing. 

Here's some routes I found: https://imgur.com/Wkoxlib

• Like 2