Server Queues are High

unrealjay

hello everyone, I wanted to raise this subject for discussion in hopes to answer a few questions and too see what is currently being done about this issue. Lately i have noticed a wave of new players come into bandlands server. Is that a bad thing? absolutely not. A full server is always good for RP.  What concerns me is the amount of time one has to wait to be able to enter the server and play. Today, which is a Tuesday, i noticed both servers with queues over 14 people. Yesterday i waited more then 2 hours to be able to join the server. I have heard of rumors about servers with more player slots and i am aware that the devs have tested something called "one sync" which allows more the 32 player servers. I absolutely love playing on this server and obviously many other feel the same. What can we do to help smooth out this issue?  

• Like 1

big queues like this come and go. About 2-3 months ago i remember server 2 regularly didnt have any queues and for a couple weeks wasnt full that often. the population of the community is always changing due to multiple things like new games coming out, and queues always spike when GTAV goes on sale on steam, which im pretty sure it did last week. queues will probably lower in the next week or so as some people grow bored of the game.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Kota Taylor said:

There are servers out there with a 100 queue atm (NoPixel) I would be thankful with the influx of new players hitting fiveM due to the break and the popular streamers attracting new players badlands queues are not worse atm. 

Exactly, guy i watch on Twitch has been in the NP queue for about 4 hours, and is in the same spot as he started. At least our queues move.

49 minutes ago, Gianni Vermicelli said:

big queues like this come and go. About 2-3 months ago i remember server 2 regularly didnt have any queues and for a couple weeks wasnt full that often. the population of the community is always changing due to multiple things like new games coming out, and queues always spike when GTAV goes on sale on steam, which im pretty sure it did last week. queues will probably lower in the next week or so as some people grow bored of the game.

Good to know, that makes a lot of sense.

This is ridiculous, i love playing on your servers but this is insanity. I have to wait for hours just to get in, and then the server fucking restarts at some point and i have to do the queue time all over again. Today i waited for about 1 hour just to have 30 mine of game Play. Then the shit restarts and i have to queue all over again.... please male more servers.

This is ridiculous, i love playing on your servers but this is insanity. I have to wait for hours just to get in, and then the server ******* restarts at some point and i have to do the queue time all over again. Today i waited for about 1 hour just to have 30 mine of game Play. Then the **** restarts and i have to queue all over again.... please make more servers.

apparantley the use of profanity, to display how unsatisfied i am is prohibited. So for the sake of all the kids, i have censored it.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Namnam said:

the server restart makes my FiveM client crash

I fail to see how that could even remotely cause an issue,  sounding like its your computer is the problem. Most just leave the screen open and about 15 seconds after restart most get in no problem 

• Like 1

yes and this is only the week days what bout the weekend

heres my thing i think people with white list status should get in first because we have a job that needs us to be on duty so meany shits per mouth. plus as a new LSPD member i have a time limit to do my training but if i can't get in i can't do my training.

5 minutes ago, Alex Ripley said:

yes and this is only the week days what bout the weekend

heres my thing i think people with white list status should get in first because we have a job that needs us to be on duty so meany shits per mouth. plus as a new LSPD member i have a time limit to do my training but if i can't get in i can't do my training.

I have played a lot on the server these past 2 days, and i have never seen a police officer. Even though i did call Them 3 times.. Nobody came, so i see your point. 

• Like 1

I don't think mass white list priority is a good solution, because then we'll end up with servers with the opposite problem: all EMS / police but too few crims / civs. 

I'm very new here so I don't want to act like I have the solution, but I do think from being a heavy TFRP viewer that they have what feels like a solid solution to this issue, with the caveat that I have no idea how difficult it is to implement from the dev side:

To my knowledge their servers have 3 player slots (2 police, 1 EMS) set aside for those roles only. This way if none of those folks are on at all, they get on instantly, no queue at all. To fight abuse, it's also my understanding that if you're the only police / EMS on the server, you must be clocked on duty because you're using those slots up. 

The downside of course is that it actually makes queues slightly worse because it's narrowed down the available player slots overall, so it helps one problem by slightly exacerbating another. Something like this has probably been considered before and discounted by the admins and they probably have their reasons, but I'm just putting it out there (it's hard to review all the forum ideas ever as a newcomer, sorry).

1 hour ago, speed said:

Normal queues are 1-10 players depending on the time and day.

We will likely not be adding more servers. There's a quality of gameplay we expect to provide to our players, and that gets more difficult as we add more servers.

Please elaborate, i have a very hard time figuring out how adding another server affects the overall RP and gameplay experience. It’s still gonna be the same players queueing.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Namnam said:

Please elaborate, i have a very hard time figuring out how adding another server affects the overall RP and gameplay experience. It’s still gonna be the same players queueing.

It spreads resources out and makes it so the devs and staff have more to manage. It makes it so the cops and EMTs are spread more around the servers so there are less of them on each server as well...

More things to manage without increasing resources to manage = lower quality experience for the players.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stacy Dahl said:

It spreads resources out and makes it so the devs and staff have more to manage. It makes it so the cops and EMTs are spread more around the servers so there are less of them on each server as well...

More things to manage without increasing resources to manage = lower quality experience for the players.

Police have responded 0/3 in my experience, tow trucks 0/20 (at least). So i don’t really see it causing any trouble. The only ondes consistent, as far as my experience goes are the EMTs...

but i’d rather wait 15 minutes to spawn, than 3 hours to play.

1 minute ago, Mr. Namnam said:

Police have responded 0/3 in my experience, tow trucks 0/20 (at least). So i don’t really see it causing any trouble.

The fact that you haven't had responses proves my point that resources are already spread thin (or you were on at a time where no cops were on or they were busy already). Adding more servers would make it more of an free for all game rather than rp imo.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stacy Dahl said:

The fact that you haven't had responses proves my point that resources are already spread thin (or you were on at a time where no cops were on or they were busy already). Adding more servers would make it more of an free for all game rather than rp imo.

Well touché, you got a point. But as far as my experience goes, it is already FFA apart from those few interactions i have with players. Who are usually pretty hostile, i have been threatened several times for honking... and when police doesnt respond, and me being a little shit as always.. i end up with holes in me.

i’m never gonna get the gun when i can’t grind the Money.