Water-Soluable Items

Storrent

Everybody knows about people selling on the pier and diving in the water as soon as they see a cop, nigh-guaranteeing a clean getaway. I'm proposing a counter to this: items dissolving the longer you're in water. Items would include dirty money, methamphetamine, cocaine, and other items that realistically wouldn't survive a swim. Perhaps lose one unit per second you're underwater?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Storrent said:

Everybody knows about people selling on the pier and diving in the water as soon as they see a cop, nigh-guaranteeing a clean getaway. I'm proposing a counter to this: items dissolving the longer you're in water. Items would include dirty money, methamphetamine, cocaine, and other items that realistically wouldn't survive a swim. Perhaps lose one unit per second you're underwater?

I can see drugs getting destroyed by water, but Dirty money is the same thing as clean money, so you would also have to apply the same effect happen to all money you are carrying when you jump in the water; regardless if you are doing something legal or illegal. 

Perhaps as a cop you should have another cop waiting below the pier in a boat to catch them, or just change up your strategy on catching them, so that they cant just jump off the Pier. 

Money laundering is the process of concealing the origins of money obtained illegally by passing it through a complex sequence of banking transfers or commercial transactions.

Edit: not to mention, this Idea also gives a criminal a means to dispose of any evidence that they have on them that is illegal.

Edited by keebler_mfn_elf

Does that mean when it starts raining all your drugs and money starts dissolve too? ? If you plan to escape by underwater means you probably get yourself plastic bag or something water proof. Way I see it, equipping scuba kit is instant and you can do it in or under the water. I would change it that it takes 30 sec to 1 minute to equip it (with nice animation, if you cancel mid animation, kit will return to your inventory) and must be on dry land or on boat (like fishing rod mechanic).

Personally, I always said that if your vehicle blows up or is sunk under water the contents of your trunk should be lost with zero chance of getting it back... Sorry, that's what you get trying to avoid RP..... Personally, I see the fact that people sink their cars knowing they can just get the stuff later with a recovery fee sorta exploiting. 

Edited by Kota Taylor
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gianni Vermicelli said:

this is just going to result in people jumping in the water to destroy evidence i feel like.

Yeah I understand that, I feel like Kota's idea also has flaws but is the best way to handle stuff like that. Obviously shitlords will just take a random persons car and jump it off the bridge. Maybe it can be worked around.

1 hour ago, Gianni Vermicelli said:

this is just going to result in people jumping in the water to destroy evidence i feel like.

This doesn't matter as long as you Witnessed the suspect selling.

1 hour ago, Reuben ~ Reckonity said:

Obviously shitlords will just take a random persons car and jump it off the bridge. Maybe it can be worked around.

Nothing stopping officers to put scuba kits in their cars you can swim down and search there vehicle and if contraband is found follow normal process