Dirty Money Laundering Changes

36 minutes ago, Oscar Wilde said:

As a few other have pointed out already, the alert rate is ridiculous.

The alert rate hasn’t changed, except for a few triggers that, if you happen to trip, you deserve to be raided anyways.

Stop being stupid with your money, and think like a criminal.

17 minutes ago, speed said:

The alert rate hasn’t changed, except for a few triggers that, if you happen to trip, you deserve to be raided anyways.

Stop being stupid with your money, and think like a criminal.

while it's not a bad system there are a few things that should be addressed to balance it a lil bit. only 1000 a minute? you get almost 11k in dirty money from coke for only 50 units most people move that much in less than an hour. to say nothing of business owners buying dirty money to launder on a different day. i also had cops come and check the shop almost immediately after turning dirty money on at the store they didn't find anything but  it is a little bit on the concerning side. since the only thing that would have triggered it is turning it on in the first place.

Perhaps to slow down a bit police response, add somekind of search warrant that cops need to get first from judge at Town Hall or something. Or informant would ping cops that someone is doing money laundry operation but it does not tell which shop it is. So cops have to actually go check the shops but without search warrant from judge cops cannot search the shop.

Edited by Victor

All im wondering is why there is no documentation on how any of these mechanics work, or how they used to work. Same with owning a business, theres no documentation.

From what I have learnt since the latest patch about money laundring; no one does it anymore and it makes dirty money basically useless. From my knownledge the only purpose of dirty money is cleaning, since you cant use that dirty money to actually buy anything?

49 minutes ago, Victor said:

Perhaps to slow down a bit police response, add somekind of search warrant that cops need to get first from judge at Town Hall or something. Or informant would ping cops that someone is doing money laundry operation but it does not tell which shop it is. So cops have to actually go check the shops but without search warrant from judge cops cannot search the shop.

There is already a fairly lengthy process police must complete in order to raid a shop. Anyone paying attention to their shop would not have a difficult time getting away with it.

21 minutes ago, Chan Wong said:

All im wondering is why there is no documentation on how any of these mechanics work, or how they used to work. Same with owning a business, theres no documentation.

Because this is a game, not a grinding simulator. I design these systems the way I do with the intention that people will spend time figuring out how they work on their own and create their own tactics, not read guides written by someone else who has already done the work for you. To me, it's about the experience of coming in clueless and learning how to be the best by your own accord.

26 minutes ago, Chan Wong said:

From what I have learnt since the latest patch about money laundring; no one does it anymore and it makes dirty money basically useless.

If you want to listen to everyone on the forums saying the world is ending because they can't launder $2 million in 5 seconds, sure. However, the logs disagree.

11 hours ago, Agnar_BurnsAll said:

i also had cops come and check the shop almost immediately after turning dirty money on at the store they didn't find anything but  it is a little bit on the concerning side. since the only thing that would have triggered it is turning it on in the first place.

Toggling dirty money does not trigger alerts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, speed said:

If you want to listen to everyone on the forums saying the world is ending because they can't launder $2 million in 5 seconds, sure. However, the logs disagree.

The forums is not what I hear from, it's ingame, but I don't agree or disagree to the current changes, I am just stating the facts I have experienced and heard.

3 hours ago, speed said:

There is already a fairly lengthy process police must complete in order to raid a shop. Anyone paying attention to their shop would not have a difficult time getting away with it.

Because this is a game, not a grinding simulator. I design these systems the way I do with the intention that people will spend time figuring out how they work on their own and create their own tactics, not read guides written by someone else who has already done the work for you. To me, it's about the experience of coming in clueless and learning how to be the best by your own accord.

Toggling dirty money does not trigger alerts.

all i know is i set up the main item i was gonna be using(in a smart fashion) toggled dirty money one and 19 minutes later after they were done dealing with a robbery in another store they showed up before i had taken a single cent and inspected the stock/prices.

On 5/3/2019 at 4:15 AM, Isabella Sanchez Evans said:

Can we talk about increasing the time between raids? I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but we were cleaning money at the Strawberry store and it got raided, we successfully defended it, and then less than 10 minutes later it was raided again with more cops that time, we were able to partially defend it again but got shot down. Then it was raided again and shut down. There needs to be some sort of cooldown timer on the raids, kinda like the robberies you know? 

I agree but that would mean the cooldown would also have to be applied to the laundering itself ^^

On 5/4/2019 at 4:41 PM, Philip Nelson said:

I agree but that would mean the cooldown would also have to be applied to the laundering itself ^^

1k every 60 seconds roughly, you have to do a minimum of 1000(apparently) and the only way to stop a raid is to legit down the cops at the store, since no amount of rp will dissuade them from raiding your store even for relatively minor amounts, any inventory you have is also lost.  and even if you do manage to down them 15 minutes later they are just gonna raid the store again. it does need to be balanced a lil bit better especially since to launder your own money it requires the aid of someone else.

3 hours ago, Agnar_BurnsAll said:

1k every 60 seconds roughly, you have to do a minimum of 1000(apparently) and the only way to stop a raid is to legit down the cops at the store, since no amount of rp will dissuade them from raiding your store even for relatively minor amounts, any inventory you have is also lost.  and even if you do manage to down them 15 minutes later they are just gonna raid the store again. it does need to be balanced a lil bit better especially since to launder your own money it requires the aid of someone else.

I agree with this and I have seen it with a lot of things where it feels no matter how much RP you put into things they will go with what they want to do. This is what my point is with people not accepting the losses.

I mean they know exactly whats going on but you could have the best RP reason for it and they will still raid you. I am not saying this is with all police but form my experience so far thats how it has been.

Example:

I set an item for sale have someone buy it before he walks out the door cops arrive. They ask is this your store he answers no they let him leave. They enter shop one heads towards the safe other asks me is this your shop I say no and I as I go to leave I am asked to put my hands up I am being detained until investigations are complete. 

On 5/2/2019 at 7:10 AM, Jordan.S said:

I agree with Steve, the old system meant you guys never got caught. Since a new system has been implemented, it's allowed store raids to actually happen. I've had multiple raids now, each having a great RP scenario. Time for criminals to change up their tactics, and 360k per storm cycle is mooore than enough. 10k per minute just means more money hoarded. I will agree there should be another way to spend dirty money, giving more criminal RP. There shouldnt be people making a mill a day, its nonsense for the economy. As I always say role play over monopoly.

"I will agree there should be another way to spend dirty money, giving more criminal RP."

Thoughts on business owners being able to use dirty money IN the business? Stock bank account and use it for yeast/leaf drops? Would give some RP to the owners buying it from the street criminals like they used to. Now it's a hassle to clean anything but your own.