Guns/Robberies

Hello!

I've been on Badlands as a server for going on a week and a half to two weeks now. And it is honestly one of the most well run and stable ESX based servers i've come across which is a big plus for me. I have two suggestions which I think may help to progress the RP into a better future from the time i've spent in the server(s). (lol dat q time tho?)

1. Is to allow Robberies of places like Vangelico, Fleeca, Blaine County Savings, and Pacific Standard. The reasons for this are pretty simple, anything illegal except for drug selling is pointless as hell and makes you actually no money. I could go on for days about how this could positively effect the server(s); however, my main point is - is that it creates exciting RP both for LEO and for Civs, the stakes are much higher but unless you're already a drug kingpin with millions in the bank, the rewards are higher as well.  I'm not sure if this was intended but you know I do get some of the realism aspect that the status quo seems to bring. Realistically i'd never in my life walk into Pacific Standard with only a pistol at best, and try to rob the place. You'd get caught either way. But a convenience store? Eh with the right tools you could do a smash and grab with a pistol. 

2. Guns, guns guns. This is a hot topic even irl so i'm not necessarily upset that this isn't in the server, although I think that if the above suggestion is taken seriously by any means, then this one does to. Allow us to purchase SMG's, Assault Rifles, etc. Irl you can as a normal civilian purchase and own a semi automatic AR-15. Should we make it hard to get a weapon of that stature? Hell yes, make it brutal to try and get a gun like that i'm all for the endless grind to get there. And maybe even make it to where robbing the above stated places requires an SMG+ in your inventory (for smaller banks/vangelico) and an Assault Rifle in your inventory for bigger banks (blaine county savings, and Pacific Standard). Obviously give LEO an AR pls, (no real need for an SMG, but shotguns are a big yes.) I think we could also even add an event trigger to cause a pause while the LEO or Civilians are unracking their carbines/rifles from their vehicles.

All in all I feel like being a drug dealer, with only a few houses to buy and just cars to show off, gets boring quick and it becomes just doing things with your friends on the server (with no real server side influence to back it up and facilitate different RP.) I don't know about you guys but selling drugs, getting into chases with cops, getting busted, or outsmarting them. And then meeting up with friends and trying to mess with LEO online a bit more is just a bit boring.

• Like 1

I feel like when it comes to guns if adding more guns then only smaller guns, no rpgs or mini guns or you know anything crazy, i am all for auto pistols or sub-machine guns, and maybe increase the price of guns, or better yet. Make the pistol a "Legal" Gun and everything over pistol (Sub Machine Gun, Assault Rifle) "Illegal" And only purchasable through black market. At a high price. Also allow police to have guns like this cause in real life. They do. Also allow Illegal guns be taken by the police if found. This can add order considering the guns would be hard to get and easy to get taken away.

I truly agree with everything you said

Edited by Smojo

Yeah by no means, do I mean to give someone a bazooka. Just things that are attainable irl by normal people. Assault Rifles (semi-auto), some SMG's. But yeah it can be made a law that you can't have those on your person. And just allow it to be bought via the black market for an insane amount of money.

Edited by Rastagan the Brown

2 hours ago, Rastagan the Brown said:

Is to allow Robberies

No disrespect but it seems no one really ever uses the Search tool at the top to see if this or similar topic is been created and talked about because it has when it comes to Bank Heist 

Guns, guns guns

BLRP is more for RP rather than Gunplay and its the reason why you don't see civs with those kinds of weapons especially on a public server vs just a Whitelisted one

I don't know about you guys but selling drugs, getting into chases with cops, getting busted, or outsmarting them. And then meeting up with friends and trying to mess with LEO online a bit more is just a bit boring.

Hmm there are many other things that are on the server that you can engage in and can find other RP but you get out what you put into it.

Edited by Thorgs

9 hours ago, Smojo said:

I feel like when it comes to guns if adding more guns then only smaller guns, no rpgs or mini guns or you know anything crazy, i am all for auto pistols or sub-machine guns, and maybe increase the price of guns, or better yet. Make the pistol a "Legal" Gun and everything over pistol (Sub Machine Gun, Assault Rifle) "Illegal" And only purchasable through black market. At a high price. Also allow police to have guns like this cause in real life. They do. Also allow Illegal guns be taken by the police if found. This can add order considering the guns would be hard to get and easy to get taken away.

I truly agree with everything you said

Almost everything you said is already in the game. There are illegal guns you can only obtain at a remote gun store, and if found by police, they seize it. Some higher ranked police officers have shotguns and SMGs.

I am all for new guns being added, but I would not want anything above mini SMG or an auto pistol. I wouldn't want this accessable by any civilian that joins, it should be exclusive and hard to get your hands on. Maybe a business owner have to order it for a pricey fee, and then pick up the transportation somewhere. (This is just a quick and rough idea)

7 hours ago, Thorgs said:

BLRP is more for RP rather than Gunplay

I agree with this, but in some situations its vital to be able to out-shoot the police. Legally we can only be max 4 people with PISTOLS against 5+ cops with shotguns, smgs, etc...

1 hour ago, Chan Wong said:

5+ cops with shotguns, smgs, etc..

You all make this assumption that all cops carry a shotgun or SMG and that is simply not true. Only certain ranks can carry those and are not always used based on the scenario 

2 minutes ago, Thorgs said:

You all make this assumption that all cops carry a shotgun or SMG and that is simply not true. Only certain ranks can carry those and are not always used based on the scenario 

I know, but a scenario like this happens quite often. They might not carry SMG or Shotgun always, but their pistol is better than a civ pistol. I am not 100% sure if it's facts, but I am 99% sure it's the case.

3 hours ago, Chan Wong said:

I know, but a scenario like this happens quite often. They might not carry SMG or Shotgun always, but their pistol is better than a civ pistol. I am not 100% sure if it's facts, but I am 99% sure it's the case.

Normal PO carries the same caliber that civilians can get in the gun store only corporal+ can carry a higher caliber which civilians can get higher caliber at illegal gun store so I'm pretty sure its equal as in pistols 

Edited by Thorgs

If we are talking about real life, most of the time 95% of the time. Police vs Civilian....Police win, and its not about the police fire power. Its about there being 20+ Police vs 3 or so bank robbers. In real life. People have automatic guns or powerful guns so i think that at the least an auto pistol, and at the most an smg, but lets be honest. An auto pistol or smg are very very very dangerous, as they are in real life, but at the same time. Just like real life, very hard to obtain. I vote against being able to just go to the gun store and buying a auto pistol or smg for $20,000. But im all for taking hours maybe days, and allot of rp + a few thousand dollars $150,000+ to just get a auto pistol. And for the ammo, make the really hard to obtain too. Make it SUPER hard to obtain and SUPER easy to loose these weapons. As for police, they should just have them since after all they are police. Adding auto pistols or smgs to the game would also mean adding a point of using them. Which would be bank heist or big robberies ect ect. Which in return adds more opportunities for rp. Id love to rp with others on the server for preparing to rob a bank and getting the materials, and grinding days just to get the auto pistol or smg for the bank heist, would be amazing. Its good to have calm and settle rp on the sever. But the exciting, risky rp is fun too. Just nothing crazy like a rocket blowing up cops, that is no fun.

So many numbers and "facts" being thrown out there that I think are incredibly baseless. You're just applying what you think it right or accurate to further your argument, without actually knowing the reality.

This conversation has happened so many times, please do the research and read the counter arguments that have already been said. Going to lock the thread as this is nothing new. 

Edited by Serena

• Serena locked this topic