Mechanics to support RP

Flori

Please bear with me on this one, I will try to explain as shortly and eloquently as possible.

Many times in RP you can just talk about anything... what you are doing, who you are, what you do for a living, what hobbies you have, whatever. RP it out, people go along with it. I truly believe in certain cases, some sort of visual aid or concrete physical items (not just abstract words) to support your RP really helps to make things flow better.

So this is my idea: Mobile Crafting Station or Crafting kit. 

You start crafting an item (wherever you want on the map, your place of business, the hospital you are raiding, a hot dog food-cart, whatever), the first choice you have to make is whether if it is a legal or illegal item. It takes so many minutes, and you are in an animation for that time.

If crafting a legal item: You just wait till you have it, then it will be in your inventory, and you would have the possibility to name that item however you want. voila.
If crafting an illegal item: Animations should take longer, and a notification should be sent to the police about an Illegal activity happening or whatever.

Now obviously these items don't do anything. So if you want to RP you are the biggest arms dealer in LS and craft a bunch of illegal weapons, this mechanic would just help you support your RP with the understanding that people will buy those guns to follow that RP and not to actually use them.

- Of course the people that want to craft illegal items and claim they are crafting legal ones.. well... too  bad for them missing that RP opportunity with the cops.. it's their loss and I honestly hope I don't run into these players.

This would help a lot when dealing with police (whether they got the notification or not) because obviously when they search you or your car, they actually SEE the evidence right there. 
Even if you drop the item, they see the bag and " Oh what the hell is a Catscan doing in the middle of your scrapyard Mr. Eddie"? or whatever lol

I also think this would really help with people developing their own characters and possible different businesses or entrepreneurship.. No more selling moonshine in vodka labeled bottles... 

Make it that the kit breaks or wears out after so many items, i dont care, as long as it doesnt cost a million bucks because the whole idea behind this is not to grind but to have fun RPing. (on the bright side, if this helps build a player based economy and people make actual money then AWESOME)

I hate to say this (for good potential RP reasons) but there should be one big exception for this, but I don't know how to announce it or implement it, that people should not be crafting documents/forged fake government ids or anything that goes against LSPD SOPs or that would aid Civilians Rights as stated on the forums. (please please don't just disregard this idea for possible abuse unless i missed something bigger than this one)

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Mia said:

Due to all the ways this could be abused, I'd more hope to see a kit like this given out like a guitar as a reward by admins. One time use and then the kit is gone. 

Maybe everyone in the city could start off with one and depending on if its abused or not could lead to getting a second or third, etc. as a reward for the behavior. 

I hate to say it, but the chances of this happening are extremely unlikely. Our system just isn’t built to support dynamic items like this, and the amount of work it would take to make it happen is greater than the value it would provide, in my opinion. And that’s just trying to make the system work - before trying to account for potential abuse or anything like that.

I think the more likely option is allowing veteran members of the community to request custom items as a thank you for their contributions to the community, or allowing players to “purchase” the creation of a custom item using in-game money.

• Like 5

Well just to clarify, i never meant that we craft the actual items and you spawn random objects at anyone's will, all i was asking for is a way to just add items in our inventory (that do nothing) that could be renamed, so you could give them, trash them or store them. But ill take anything!

• Like 1