Suggestion: Civilians have access to a taser

Civilians should have access to a less than lethal option. There are many times where I am sure some members of the community would love to have access to a taser instead of a gun. I have heard of people saying this, for instance, they don't want to shoot a cop because it doesn't suit them, or they just flat out don't like doing it. It allows them to get away, but in a less destructive manner. It also adds to the preservation of life. Again, back to the cop side of it, you don't have to shoot a cop and get an "Attempted Murder" charge, you just get "Assault with a Deadly Weapon". Less wasted slots with people waiting in jail because there only way to get away from a cop is to shoot them. (Some cases)

Someone gets in your car, and the door doesn't close, tase them out instead of shooting them. Again, something that happens kind of regularly depending on the person. People shoot because they get in there car and don't want them to steal it.

Now, I completely understand that, of course, people will abuse the taser in popular areas, so if possible, implement the same script as with legion square where you cannot tackle; make it that a taser either does no damage or can't be pulled out in these popular areas. If not, then if cops oversee an area where tasers are being fired for no reason other than "trolling" or "pissing about", then they could be removed from the person. Could also make a license that could be removed for repeat offenders.

Edited by Guest

While unlikely that you'll convince anyone of this I actually love the idea of a taser license which can be revoked just the same as a gun license and using a taser in place of a gun. Personally I doubt just how often it would be abused, because people who do abuse it probably also abuse firearms, and the difference is a taser doesn't kill.

Obviously though you could permastun someone with a taser which probably makes this unlikely. Sadly bad people really ruin things :/

• Thanks 1

I've shot 143 players so far and not a single one has died..... What is that?

Sounds less then lethal to me. 

Not sure what a tazer would do. As soon as they get up they can shoot u since you initiated on them, or get you banned if you did not initiate. 

Only reason it works for cops is cause we can cuff a person after tazing them. 

Cuffs will never be available to civilians. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Merr Khan said:

I've shot 143 players so far and not a single one has died..... What is that?

Sounds less then lethal to me. 

Not sure what a tazer would do. As soon as they get up they can shoot u since you initiated on them, or get you banned if you did not initiate. 

Only reason it works for cops is cause we can cuff a person after tazing them. 

Cuffs will never be available to civilians. 

Depending on the gun used, yeah, you might get away with shooting a player once or twice and they don't die. Again, that depends on the gun used, some guns kill in one shot. Seems somewhat far fetched to say you have shot 143 players and not one has "died"... Eitherway.

Another aspect is the person using it and their intentions. Problem with saying that, is, if you shoot at a player, and don't kill them, you have a very limited time to leave the area before more than likely you get shot and killed either by them or other people doing what other people do.

Most people shoot to kill. Not all, but most do. A taser gives you that slight advantage that you can put some space between you and the shooter. You could leave the area by the time they get to stand up; be it is a single person and not a gang or more than one person there.

Not every player wants to use a gun to get out of a sticky situation. Providing more options to people is never a bad thing. It gives them a form of protection without having to kill.

Edited by Guest

Just make the taser act like a gunshot, allow cops to give them "Assault With a Deadly Weapon" if it's not being used in self defense, people wouldn't use it as much as you think. Obviously you have people who are disruptive that will abuse it but you can deal with them as you see fit. It would be considered Hostile Roleplay so obvious shots would probably be fired after. Gotta give it a chance before you turn it down, especially since I hate having to use weapons that downs people while I could use a taser that will stun then for a good 20 seconds or less. 

13 hours ago, Reuben ~ Reckonity said:

people wouldn't use it as much as you think

I disagree. We can’t even get cops to stop tasing each other or their friends. Do you really believe civilians would tase their friends less frequently than they tackle them?

I’m sorry, but we definitely do not need to give it a chance before turning it down. It’s not happening.

• Like 2

• speed locked this topic