Vehicle Disablement Kit

Kota

We already have one. It's in the Ammu-nation. It's called a baseball bat.

To elaborate: What roleplay comes from clicking a button and having a vehicle start smoking? All that accomplishes is the person coming back to their vehicle, saying "aw, fuck," repairing it, and being on their way. There's no chance of getting caught, facing retribution for your actions, and thus getting roleplay from the whole thing. You just mess about in the engine and fuck off. This would provide no RP value to the server whatsoever.

Edited by Storrent
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Storrent said:

To elaborate: What roleplay comes from clicking a button and having a vehicle start smoking? 

I gotta side with Ash on this one. I personally find this kind of item would be used more to troll people and would genuinely be abused easily, People could keep some in a van and drive around and disable a vehicle of someone who went into pillbox or MRPD or just some situation where someone has to leave their car unattended. 

• Like 2

You know how long it takes to disable someone's car with a melee weapon? A very annoying amount of time... And in most cases it won't even disable it. I have spent 20 mins hitting a car with a bat and gave up as it wasn't breaking the car.  Right now it's shoot it and blow it up which is a dick move or speed bomb... 

It would be an item that takes time to use... My vision for it would be an item when used would throw the person in a similar animation like the repair vehicle but takes a bit longer to do. Maybe take it a step further and put a few commands on it so if you fail you get shocked or something (queue getting tazed animation)....  I can tell you 3 previous scenarios I have been in where I have shot tires blown up a car or what not and just didn't want someone following me or wanted them to be a bit inconvenienced there was a ton of roleplay to disabling the car. And this would open up a legit way to disable non vigilant police officers cars while still giving them a chance to catch them in the act. A ton better than the old way of just sitting in the driver's seat.... Sometimes in RP you don't want someone to just get up and jump in their car and follow and fact is currently there is nothing to aid with this. Minus just shooting the person down which is poor roleplay if roleplay at all in most cases. 

Side note, I don't like the people will abuse it defense. There will always be someone that abuses something and flat out denying the idea due to risk or fear of abuse is why our community doesn't get a ton of things. 

Edited by Kota Taylor
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 3:29 PM, Kota Taylor said:

You know how long it takes to disable someone's car with a melee weapon? A very annoying amount of time... And in most cases it won't even disable it. I have spent 20 mins hitting a car with a bat and gave up as it wasn't breaking the car.  Right now it's shoot it and blow it up which is a dick move or speed bomb... 

It would be an item that takes time to use... My vision for it would be an item when used would throw the person in a similar animation like the repair vehicle but takes a bit longer to do. Maybe take it a step further and put a few commands on it so if you fail you get shocked or something (queue getting tazed animation)....  I can tell you 3 previous scenarios I have been in where I have shot tires blown up a car or what not and just didn't want someone following me or wanted them to be a bit inconvenienced there was a ton of roleplay to disabling the car. And this would open up a legit way to disable non vigilant police officers cars while still giving them a chance to catch them in the act. A ton better than the old way of just sitting in the driver's seat.... Sometimes in RP you don't want someone to just get up and jump in their car and follow and fact is currently there is nothing to aid with this. Minus just shooting the person down which is poor roleplay if roleplay at all in most cases. 

Side note, I don't like the people will abuse it defense. There will always be someone that abuses something and flat out denying the idea due to risk or fear of abuse is why our community doesn't get a ton of things. 

I have to side With @Kota Taylor on this one, him and 3 other LostMC members spent 5 min smashing my PD cruiser with bats and their fists while I was in my head and it was still drive-able after I confronted them about it today. I personally would love to see something implemented like this. Even if all it takes is a repair kit to put it back into service, its more of the principal/RP of someone spending 3k to damage your car with a kit and risking an illegal equipment charge from PD.

• Like 1