Just a thought about clothes

Smojo

Once instancing gets done and we see more places to buy houses i was thinking that it could be cool to change the clothes shop to like a actual store like the one in gta5 online. Where you have to buy clothes instead of getting all the clothes for free. The clothes you buy will forever be yours and you wont have to rebuy them. Nothing expensive of course. And we can also have a set of clothes that are free just so new players dont look like default Daniel. I think this would be more immersive since irl you cant go to the mall and yank a shirt off a plastic model of a human. :) unless you wana run from the cops. But never the less would be cool. 

Please leave your thoughts of how this idea could be better OR why it would be a bad addition. 

I'm personally against it. I like to change my clothes somewhat daily and depending on what job I'm doing as that's more immersive than the guys who run around doing everything in the same suit.

Making me pay for the clothes would be silly and making them "Nothing expensive" would just make in annoying to have to buy a different colour shirt when I want to wear a blue tank top today instead of the green one. Or I want to wear the white flip flops when I just goofing around town and the red ones when I'm fishing on my boat.

IMHO, making the clothes cost would be a nuisance and would require me to grind for money instead of just having fun role playing and wearing new outfits occasionally. 

7 minutes ago, Nate said:

I'm personally against it. I like to change my clothes somewhat daily and depending on what job I'm doing as that's more immersive than the guys who run around doing everything in the same suit.

Making me pay for the clothes would be silly and making them "Nothing expensive" would just make in annoying to have to buy a different colour shirt when I want to wear a blue tank top today instead of the green one. Or I want to wear the white flip flops when I just goofing around town and the red ones when I'm fishing on my boat.

IMHO, making the clothes cost would be a nuisance and would require me to grind for money instead of just having fun role playing and wearing new outfits occasionally. 

Honestly i see where your coming from but at the same time, i personally feel like the grind for money adds to the fun of the server. Mostly when its with others you play with. I love RPing and i also love grinding because the grind is what keeps me playing the server for hours and hours just to buy and new car lol. But if there was no purpose to grind it would be boring. Just like those servers where you can pull up a phone and spawn in any car you want for free. The grinding in games is what keeps people playing. I feel like having clothes cost money would give more of a reason to grind, which i feel is a positive thing. I personally wouldn't want shirt colors to be a separate buy, for example when you buy one shirt you buy that shirt and all the colors that come with the shirt for lets say $600. But i wana ask a question, personally do you think that the cost of cars is a positive or negative thing.

• Like 2

I don't grind, I'm just kinda here, I don't think I've ever had more than 150k in my bank except the one time I sold some cars to buy a 203k motorcycle. 

I typically am sitting at 15- 100k in my bank and just kinda fart around. Forcing me to grind for clothes would probably get me to quit playing. 

Personally, I couldn't care less about the price of cars, I have no desire to have a fancy sports car so if they were all 12 million or 1200 I still wouldn't buy them. 

If they were free, it's like playing Minecraft on creative mode. No one plays it for very long. 

Now, two specific differences between us, I've watched your Rocket League vods on twitch, you're a grinder all day. I don't care enough to put that kind of effort into a game to get good. I play games like this because you CAN choose to grind and make a bunch of money, or you can just drive a 300$ sedan and run delivery routes or make no money by continually climbing up chiliad to maybe one day successfully land after parachuting. 

In short: making clothes cost would personally upset be because now you're forcing me to do something for a reason that doesn't really add much for roleplay imho. 

:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nate said:

I don't grind, I'm just kinda here, I don't think I've ever had more than 150k in my bank except the one time I sold some cars to buy a 203k motorcycle. 

I typically am sitting at 15- 100k in my bank and just kinda fart around. Forcing me to grind for clothes would probably get me to quit playing. 

Personally, I couldn't care less about the price of cars, I have no desire to have a fancy sports car so if they were all 12 million or 1200 I still wouldn't buy them. 

If they were free, it's like playing Minecraft on creative mode. No one plays it for very long. 

Now, two specific differences between us, I've watched your Rocket League vods on twitch, you're a grinder all day. I don't care enough to put that kind of effort into a game to get good. I play games like this because you CAN choose to grind and make a bunch of money, or you can just drive a 300$ sedan and run delivery routes or make no money by continually climbing up chiliad to maybe one day successfully land after parachuting. 

In short: making clothes cost would personally upset be because now you're forcing me to do something for a reason that doesn't really add much for roleplay imho. 

:)

Agreed, Thanks for watching btw ❤️ but yeah i agree with everything you said 

4 hours ago, Nate said:

I really doubt you’d have to grind for money to afford clothes... If the example of a shirt costing $600, you’d have to buy almost 200 shirts to ever hit over 100k.

And if you did spend 100k on clothes, you can change between them for free as suggested. So what’s the issue here?

I personally don’t know if I would want clothes to cost money, but if it did I wouldn’t mind. Money needs a worth other than just cars and police tickets.

Good idea @Smojo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chan Wong said:

I really doubt you’d have to grind for money to afford clothes... If the example of a shirt costing $600, you’d have to buy almost 200 shirts to ever hit over 100k.

And if you did spend 100k on clothes, you can change between them for free as suggested. So what’s the issue here?

I personally don’t know if I would want clothes to cost money, but if it did I wouldn’t mind. Money needs a worth other than just cars and police tickets.

Good idea @Smojo

5 hours ago, Chan Wong said:

Not going to lie, I've only been around for a couple months. I'm sure this time next year I'd have a similar opinion. After I've bought everything I want and have no use for money. That being said:

1 hour ago, Storrent said:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. This system ain't broke. I'm not in favor.

All that aside, if you're going to charge for clothes, fancier clothes need to cost more.