Gun fights.

Sooo simple suggestion, as far as I know at this moment headshots do not deal any extra damage. My suggestion would be to make it so headshots maybe double the damage that a body shot deals. I understand that making it a 1 tap would be too game breaking but there is no point what so ever in aiming for the head at this point. In my opinion this should be changed to make it a bit more interesting. What you guys think?

Headshots used to be 1 shot downs. This was removed as far too often, the aggressor would hit an instant headshot and there would be no gunfight. I have experienced this a lot and can tell you that this system we have now not only makes for lengthier and more enjoyable gunfights, but also brings some balance to PD/Crim

7 hours ago, vDrop said:

I think if its for the exp / rp then it shouldn't matter. Just shoot. Most shoot the AK wrong btw. The gun is very solid. 

Understood, but some people also enjoy getting into a nice firefight, it is GTA at the end of the day. I was not referring to any gun in particular but the AK damage is just dumb taking into consideration the big bullets that you are firing.

3 hours ago, Spartan said:

Headshots used to be 1 shot downs. This was removed as far too often, the aggressor would hit an instant headshot and there would be no gunfight. I have experienced this a lot and can tell you that this system we have now not only makes for lengthier and more enjoyable gunfights, but also brings some balance to PD/Crim

I was around when it used to be a 1 tap, and that is why I stated that a 1 tap is to game braking, but I do feel like a little more damage should be good for headshots, or at the very least make ALL guns deal the same damage then. 

13 hours ago, ZaxxYs said:

Sooo simple suggestion, as far as I know at this moment headshots do not deal any extra damage. My suggestion would be to make it so headshots maybe double the damage that a body shot deals. I understand that making it a 1 tap would be too game breaking but there is no point what so ever in aiming for the head at this point. In my opinion this should be changed to make it a bit more interesting. What you guys think?

The AK is actually strong it's just a matter of the shots hitting and if the shots do hit, it actually registering. 

I think headshots are nice sometimes and a hinderance at others, but if you do things right then it's not too big of an issue. It really was an issue with crim vs cop having headshots. lots of instantly ending scenes and making it no fun to get into a gunfight.

On the topic of crosshairs, People are using them, it's no secret, I think we should just default back to a small dot style crosshair myself to "even the playing field" so to speak. doesn't change much involved with gunfights.

4 hours ago, Knox said:

Every weapon can 1 tap someone but If we allow for full blown head shots we will run into the same issue where the scummy people in the city with crosshairs will make gun fights very annoying.

3 hours ago, DimitriPetranko said:

gotta be a -1 from me, with 3rd party crosshairs like Knox said it can spoil a lot of fun. Adding onto that I personally believe a more drawn out gunfight can be more enjoyable and allow for more RP on either side of the battle. If headshots are instantly incapacitating people WILL abuse them.  

Like it was stated before multiple times, nobody is really asking for headshots to be a 1 tap, we all agree that is no bueno for the server, we mean higher damage than body shots. Regarding crosshairs yes, we should all have a dot since its obvious some people use 3rd party ones

Take it from someone who came from a game where a headshot was an instant kill more or less, it leads to 3 second gun fights if people knew how to aim, it takes the excitement and adrenaline out of a fight. There are many ways to go about this though, that I agree on.

I too believe that headshots should at least do more damage than a bodyshot or any other shots do, especially depending on which weapon, in most cases a bullet to the head is a body down, but like we've all agreed upon. That would end the scenario all too quick. Seeing as a lot of Gunfights happen with Automatics and pistols, let's look at those. At least an AK to the head should definitely do more damage than it currently does. As well as general shotguns, the sawn off right now does no damage as my President even had given a lot of people a demonstration off, so a lot of guns in general need a bit of a buff in terms of damdage to certain areas.

Regarding the Crosshairs. Just no, this is an RP game, if people decide to use a crosshair, then we all know when they do, it isn't very hard to spot when they do as they will practically gun you down in a second with no misses. Just record it, report it and ask for their pov too. Unless they edit it, we'll see their crosshair in videos. And that'll be the end of it.

I'm all for the damage being buffed but not for the crosshairs.

I seemed so keen on the head-shot thing; not realizing the bigger picture at hand. Currently from a person whom is out on the street often, the current state of the server has gotten better; but there is still by far in my opinion gun-play over word-play.

"The problem for me is the Tier 3 guns hit the same if not worse in some cases compared to using the MK2 and Deagle it doesnt really make sense." - Morphiushell 

I agree with Robert on this one, the current state of damage on weapons that I've physically have shot and or been shot with is quite unbalanced. Specifically some PD weapons (Heavy Pistol for example) and some Criminal Class 2 and 3 weapons as-well (AK and UZI for example). 

I'm open to the use of cross-hairs if they are added, It's obvious when people use them and don't via 3rd party software; but if you look at different communities like Nopixel they have cross-hairs and don't seem to have that much of a issue with having it enabled. The person behind the gun is the main factor here, yeah sure you're going to have really good people whom will destroy the competition but that is when practice comes in and using the brain does as-well. You can defeat any good shooter, by simply using you're surroundings and tricks to out-witt them. 

It's the heat of the moment, but you do what you gotta do. And let's be real here, from when I've seen people shoot they usually just mag dump and then slowly realize (Fuck, I wasn't watching my spray, all the bullets missed). Instead of learning the patterns of their specific weapon. Common sense, people think big gun do bigger things and defeat more people; no.
Using what you have at you're disposal (Surroundings, Patterns, Tricks, etc) is what will get you to be the opposing factor to big boy jeff whom thinks he can shoot the best in a gun fight. 

This might be a "hot take," but I don't see the appeal in long, drawn-out gunfights. Unless I'm using something like an SNS pistol, two or three shots to center mass should be able to down somebody, simple as that. Having everybody being walking bullet sponges takes the fun out of gunfights. It's hard for me to tell if I'm even doing anything to somebody because they're able to swallow eight 9mm rounds and keep on trading shots like it's your average Tuesday afternoon. If I'm not able to follow the 21 foot rule because somebody can eat half a mag and still drive a knife into my abdomen, despite me doing everything 'correctly', there's an issue.

That being said, I think removing headshots was and still is a good idea. It's the responsibility of the downed player to roleplay their injuries and adding a mechanic that "forces" you to roleplay a bullet to the noggin is unequivocally a bad idea, especially with true death being as sparse as it is on Badlands. Buff guns across the board, but keep headshots the way they are. 

• Like 1

The heavy pistol for PD just has the red dot. Doesn't mean its better. I dont know how to shoot for shit, and I use the red dot and still cant aim for shit. It's all about the person and if that person knows how to shoot and aim. -1 on the headshots. I think keeping it the same will make the gunfights last longer which means for fun for all. ❤️