taco trucks

Mefcy

same as the mod shop as convenient as the taco truck is and people selling tacos and colas and everyone with a taco truck having access to making as much food as they want a lot of players don't use Burger shot or Panda Garden as much as they should especially burger shot. it would be cool if it was more exclusive making food items to food shops or restaurants only. for more Authentic RP and give more Legal work for more players

• Like 5

I also am pretty sure the food system is in tiers. I am pretty sure the best most filling food you can get at Mojito Inn and Panda garden. Burger shot I am not sure if they fall under that top tier but are above that tacos and cola level I am sure. I think taco trucks/food trucks should move more towards far less filling food. I think it's pretty close already. But my issue is people allow others to unrealistically stock up on like 50 tacos and 50 colas just to cheese the food system rather than just go get them as needed. Food spoilage needs to be a thing. I know I have talked to a developer about this in the past about this sorta thing. Also hard coding max stack sizes on food items to prevent further people just filling trucks up with food to prevent abusing the food services in the city. 

People need to just stop trying to stockpile and go out and get as needed stock piling is hurting restaurants and small taco trucks roleplay. You selfishly nab up as much food as possible just to prevent yourself the inconvenience of having to go back and have a simple conversation and giving those running shops rp interactions. Ult this is the biggest change that requires no dev work to fix. A player mentality. 

Edited by Kota Taylor
  • Like 5

I been feeling the same way as of late. I run the Mojito Tuesdays, Fridays and some Sundays, not everyday to give it a bit of anticipation . And I find myself still having to compete with the constant taco and cola trucks selling in bulk to people for cheap constantly. And my RP with running an authentic Mexican restaurant where you can sit in and have the RP experience of a restaurant I really feel it hinders it. People want to constantly buy a huge bulk and store and I refuse to sell like the taco trucks it takes away from the RP I enjoy with the restaurant. ( unless its for catering ect) But that is just me. I am all for exclusivity with the restaurants I know like myself and I am sure panda Garden, Burger shot, we put in allot of time and effort to our businesses. Just be mindful is all I ask and if that is not an option some mechanic needs be looked into for us. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kota Taylor said:

I also am pretty sure the food system is in tiers. I am pretty sure the best most filling food you can get at Mojito Inn and Panda garden. Burger shot I am not sure if they fall under that top tier but are above that tacos and cola level I am sure. I think taco trucks/food trucks should move more towards far less filling food. I think it's pretty close already. But my issue is people allow others to unrealistically stock up on like 50 tacos and 50 colas just to cheese the food system rather than just go get them as needed. Food spoilage needs to be a thing. I know I have talked to a developer about this in the past about this sorta thing. Also hard coding max stack sizes on food items to prevent further people just filling trucks up with food to prevent abusing the food services in the city. 

People need to just stop trying to stockpile and go out and get as needed stock piling is hurting restaurants and small taco trucks roleplay. You selfishly nab up as much food as possible just to prevent yourself the inconvenience of having to go back and have a simple conversation and giving those running shops rp interactions. Ult this is the biggest change that requires no dev work to fix. A player mentality. 

i can tell you for a fact that the heartstopper and the money shot fill you up from 15% too full but i understand from a rp point of view people dont come to burger shot as they rather spend time with other character they know awhile. still ill be open everytime i have a chance

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Missladee said:

I been feeling the same way as of late. I run the Mojito Tuesdays, Fridays and some Sundays, not everyday to give it a bit of anticipation . And I find myself still having to compete with the constant taco and cola trucks selling in bulk to people for cheap constantly. And my RP with running an authentic Mexican restaurant where you can sit in and have the RP experience of a restaurant I really feel it hinders it. People want to constantly buy a huge bulk and store and I refuse to sell like the taco trucks it takes away from the RP I enjoy with the restaurant. ( unless its for catering ect) But that is just me. I am all for exclusivity with the restaurants I know like myself and I am sure panda Garden, Burger shot, we put in allot of time and effort to our businesses. Just be mindful is all I ask and if that is not an option some mechanic needs be looked into for us. 

Thats true, tacos are just too easy and costs little to nothing. Us that have the restaurants struggle at times, hope it changes and give the food industry a much more value.

• Like 2

I guess that's the reason I've seen food "expire" after a certain amount of time in other cities.

I like having some emergency cookies and water bottles in my pockets since I'm an airhead and forget to eat until I'm dying from thirst or hunger, but I can see how hoarding food stocks can really hurt restaurants. Seeing the discussion here, I'll definitely make an effort to go to the player run restaurants more!

• Like 5

As @Kota Taylor said, it's all about mentality. The reason for this is the urgency towards the more mechanical aspects of the city. The crime, the money and the more engaging activities, pull people away from the basics. There are only a handful of people that will be around to fully support the actual RP community, as most people think and give more time towards the mechanic aspects of a Economy based city. The only interesting solution would be to reduce the effectiveness of Taco's and Gola's to the same thing as Malk and Meat Like Sandwiches. Make it so bad that it becomes a hassle to eat. Then people will start focusing more on the other businesses. But they'll still require you to be fast about it and most folk won't sit on a table to wait for a takeaway meal just 5 minutes before they go rob their next bank. 

Also, if businesses cap their use of food to one of each per customer, it might also increase movement around these businesses. But this is mainly IC, so disregard it if necessary. 

Edited by Razec

players mentality will stay that way bc of ease of access, its easy , quick and light  you can buy in bulk for cheap there is no reason to go to a player run restaurant unless for RP reasons with unlimited food at anyone's convenience as long as they or one of their friends have a taco truck. food is not a worry to most players when they can just make the food themselves 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Razec said:

As @Kota Taylor said, it's all about mentality. The reason for this is the urgency towards the more mechanical aspects of the city. The crime, the money and the more engaging activities, pull people away from the basics. There are only a handful of people that will be around to fully support the actual RP community, as most people think and give more time towards the mechanic aspects of a Economy based city. The only interesting solution would be to reduce the effectiveness of Taco's and Gola's to the same thing as Malk and Meat Like Sandwiches. Make it so bad that it becomes a hassle to eat. Then people will start focusing more on the other businesses. But they'll still require you to be fast about it and most folk won't sit on a table to wait for a takeaway meal just 5 minutes before they go rob their next bank. 

Also, if businesses cap their use of food to one of each per customer, it might also increase movement around these businesses. But this is mainly IC, so disregard it if necessary. 

Yeah i agree, as much as i love to have huge orders i know that that person wont come back for a few days. But instead of capping the orders to 1 maybe make it 10 food and 20 drinks cause sometimes people order for a group. Also make it that the food rottens so that people actually need to to buy more often. 

Hi, I'm interloping pretty hard here and I am pretty new but I have established game environments before and worked on the backend to make it come together. 

I do find the food/water more like a bell and whistle and not something you actually think about.

Quickest works I can think that could be easy is all perishable food turns into food waste after a time associated with each food. I.e. Tacos 2 hours burgers 3 hrs. Pause timers or decay at like .25 when it's in your storage (fridge). Not sure what to do with the storm.

If it can't remember states perhaps put foods to 50% perished on hand and make it so storage doesn't spoil. I do not understand how the game handles the resets but depending on trash collection and states you could have the decay food game flow cycle around a longer term time (weeks of food in fridge) or more like a resupplying at home if it only spoils on-hand like packing a few sandwiches for a long trip. 

On 6/22/2021 at 1:01 PM, Fenzir said:

Quickest works I can think that could be easy is all perishable food turns into food waste after a time associated with each food. I.e. Tacos 2 hours burgers 3 hrs. Pause timers or decay at like .25 when it's in your storage (fridge). Not sure what to do with the storm.

If it can't remember states perhaps put foods to 50% perished on hand and make it so storage doesn't spoil. I do not understand how the game handles the resets but depending on trash collection and states you could have the decay food game flow cycle around a longer term time (weeks of food in fridge) or more like a resupplying at home if it only spoils on-hand like packing a few sandwiches for a long trip. 

I definitely like the idea of food on hand (inventory) to become spoiled after a few hours depending on the quality of the food, It makes sense. Not sure if there is a way to pause that when not in-game. But I like Idea of only food in your inventory spoils. Anything stored would last allot longer since its being "preserved" like it would in a refrigerator. Maybe spoiled food can be useful later for soil and making fertilizer for plants ect. Allot of potential there. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Missladee said:

I definitely like the idea of food on hand (inventory) to become spoiled after a few hours depending on the quality of the food, It makes sense. Not sure if there is a way to pause that when not in-game. But I like Idea of only food in your inventory spoils. Anything stored would last allot longer since its being "preserved" like it would in a refrigerator. Maybe spoiled food can be useful later for soil and making fertilizer for plants ect. Allot of potential there. 

I have said spoiling in pocket should be a thing.  Store it at home and it's in the fridge or whatever.  +1   Just make it a reasonable decay and pause when logged out.

I agree with making tacos and colas less filling to force players to go to restaurants but I do not agree with capping it at 1 per person, you need to eat in the game and restaurants are not open at all times, its not like there are 10 restaurants in the server for you to go sit and have dinner everytime you are hungry.

• Like 1

I'm not saying I'm not into it, But I am saying that in character there isn't a single restaurant that I can go to to get food. 
Panda Garden is a "neutral" ground but ran by criminals I arrest daily, can't exactly go in there because in RP I can't trust those people to not tamper with the food or ambush me at my weakest.
Mojito I can't goto because in character the lost want to torture me to death and the feeling is mutual. So can't go there.

In RP I can't goto the only two player run restaurants so I already have to live on crappy sandwiches or the vegan burgers and salad in the PD break room. Making these foods less worthy and more spoilable will make my job 1000X harder to manage food and water, going to need a cooler for the trunk of my cars.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Walker said:

I'm not saying I'm not into it, But I am saying that in character there isn't a single restaurant that I can go to to get food. 
Panda Garden is a "neutral" ground but ran by criminals I arrest daily, can't exactly go in there because in RP I can't trust those people to not tamper with the food or ambush me at my weakest.
Mojito I can't goto because in character the lost want to torture me to death and the feeling is mutual. So can't go there.

In RP I can't goto the only two player run restaurants so I already have to live on crappy sandwiches or the vegan burgers and salad in the PD break room. Making these foods less worthy and more spoilable will make my job 1000X harder to manage food and water, going to need a cooler for the trunk of my cars.

lol Ive been running Burger Shot for almost 3 months so you always had a third option.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ZaxxYs said:

I agree with making tacos and colas less filling to force players to go to restaurants but I do not agree with capping it at 1 per person, you need to eat in the game and restaurants are not open at all times, its not like there are 10 restaurants in the server for you to go sit and have dinner everytime you are hungry.

True, but hopefully making restaurants more important means better RP for these food places. Plus, if it pays well AND is a necessity for the city, people might stick around on the restaurant jobs for longer than a few hours here and there.

In a perfect world, there should be at least one restaurant open and running at any given time of day. That's not the case currently, so we're going to experience a little bit of growing pains until we reach that happy balance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yama said:

True, but hopefully making restaurants more important means better RP for these food places. Plus, if it pays well AND is a necessity for the city, people might stick around on the restaurant jobs for longer than a few hours here and there.

In a perfect world, there should be at least one restaurant open and running at any given time of day. That's not the case currently, so we're going to experience a little bit of growing pains until we reach that happy balance.

At Burger Shot i try to get it open every day after the storm, lately ive been busy but now that i have the key im going to start hiring people and keep it open for longer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Walker said:

I cant express in words how much I agree with you bro!! 100/10 ❤️

On 6/25/2021 at 5:52 PM, Naja said:

At Burger Shot i try to get it open every day after the storm, lately ive been busy but now that i have the key im going to start hiring people and keep it open for longer.

That might have to be my EMT's off-duty job!