Do away with public mechanic shops

3 hours ago, Mike Lowrey said:

Maybe a unpopular opinion and also might get a lot of hate for this but I think we should do away with public mech shops it takes away from mech shops that are established and don’t get enough business I have worked at 3 different mech shops that are established and have very nice businesses and great workers   and it feels like they don’t get enough work because everyone goes to these open businesses just to get “ice cream” (take a hostage) and get a repair at the same time to these open businesses with no rp it’s not that hard to go by a mechanic shop like 305 Aod or hayes auto and ask or see if they are hiring I may get the established shops need uniqueness in rp for repairing cars for people to come by but some businesses offer free repairs some offer a  receipt for you to sign open mech shops are just being abused as a pay check/ grind in my opinion put -1s all you want I still think it’s something that needs to be said I get some places use to be open to the public but they earned the respect and right to become established places like Elgin don’t earn the respect because it’s just a breading ground for grinders hell even sergs place in mirror park is open and I respect them because of what they have done I can’t respect people they just sit at Elgin with there “gang” just to grind 

+1

+1 I can agree with this, but I do think there should be an option to repair it yourself if not Mechs are open also, even if it's a crazy price! That way let's say that by chance no Mechs are open you still are able to get your car going. Or maybe have it slightly repaired it if you do it yourself then get a full repair once a place is open.

57 minutes ago, Pinky McPinkerson said:

+1 I can agree with this, but I do think there should be an option to repair it yourself if not Mechs are open also, even if it's a crazy price! That way let's say that by chance no Mechs are open you still are able to get your car going. Or maybe have it slightly repaired it if you do it yourself then get a full repair once a place is open.

I think Mike was essentially saying public places like Elgin and Mirror park. There would still be the option to repair it yourself like there always has been when the shop is closed. Like get rid of the places as in the shops that don't have owners and every Joe Schmo just randomly work. 

To even add to it take 305 for example one of the best looking shops in the city in my opinion and that’s not even me being biased since I was once apart of 305 that place is awesome looks wise and it kinda gets thrown to the waist side because of Elgin and mirror park 

Edited by Mike Lowrey

The only concern I have is this:

Is it going to stop new folks from getting a ground basis in the city as a mechanic if that's what they are wanting to do?  I don't know the for sure pipeline for becoming a mechanic here as I am not one, but I'd hate to stop someone from legitimately getting a job as a mechanic if that's the expectation?

I think it's a great idea, however, before mechanics gets moved to an official business level, the other "starter" jobs would need to get their overhaul. Removing mechanic from the lineup leaves quite the gap and there needs to be something to guide new players towards the higher paying jobs through interaction and RP.

• Like 2

I think a lot of people are bringing up the 'starter jobs' for people to introduce them into the server. I think having privately owned mechanic shops actively exposes them to actual RP not just standing at Elgin repairing without talking and taking $500 each time. Nothing is stopping these newer players to approaching mechanic shops and applying and I'd be hopeful if they can showcase good mechanic RP and aren't robots, then I am sure they will get a job there. 

What better way to join the community, make some friends and build RP than joining a business in a job in which you enjoy doing.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, tay said:

I think a lot of people are bringing up the 'starter jobs' for people to introduce them into the server. I think having privately owned mechanic shops actively exposes them to actual RP not just standing at Elgin repairing without talking and taking $500 each time. Nothing is stopping these newer players to approaching mechanic shops and applying and I'd be hopeful if they can showcase good mechanic RP and aren't robots, then I am sure they will get a job there. 

What better way to join the community, make some friends and build RP than joining a business in a job in which you enjoy doing.

Agreed there plenty of jobs that are willing to hire new comers in the city aslong they act right at the business 

10 hours ago, Emma Valentino said:

The only concern I have is this:

Is it going to stop new folks from getting a ground basis in the city as a mechanic if that's what they are wanting to do?  I don't know the for sure pipeline for becoming a mechanic here as I am not one, but I'd hate to stop someone from legitimately getting a job as a mechanic if that's the expectation?

No it’s not gonna stop new people from getting a job as a mechanic as a AOD mechanic Ik a Danny that was taken right off the street brought into aod as a mechanic and showen the ropes of being a mech in the city new people are welcome aslong as they act right people at Elgin don’t know how to act right that’s why a lot of them work there is because they can’t handle simple rules of working a mech shop such as being unbias when it comes to cops going to a place of business that’s why a lot of cops can’t and won’t go to mech shops they don’t wanna be held up by some toxic gun happy danny that has no rp behind holding a cop up Elgin is nothing but a shit show yes not every shop is gonna every joe that walks in the door looking for a job but if you act right and act like you want a job and bring some good qualities shops will hire you there’s no good quality in standing at a mech shop and saying “need a repair?” Then says “it’s 700 boss” that’s robo meching and it’s not fun

5 hours ago, Yama said:

I think it's a great idea, however, before mechanics gets moved to an official business level, the other "starter" jobs would need to get their overhaul. Removing mechanic from the lineup leaves quite the gap and there needs to be something to guide new players towards the higher paying jobs through interaction and RP.

I agree I mean I already thought it was a official business if you worked at a actual mech shop that’s established but I get what you are saying it’s just gonna cause a revolving door of grinders tho so I wouldn’t see a point of giving the basic jobs a over haul because everyone is just gonna go straight to hunting regardless 

54 minutes ago, Richie Jax said:

+1 Aslong as the private shops are willing to staff enough to have as much coverage as possible 

Thats the thing we can’t keep people  because everyone runs off to Elgin because that’s where the traffic goes the most every mech shop would be full staffed if Elgin wasn’t a thing 

• Like 2