Hakuchou Buff?

Ricky Ticky

so the suzuki hyabusa is a 1300cc super bike which, for many years was the fastest production motorcycle in its day. speeds reach 188mph - 194mph. so i was wondering if the hakuchou could get a buff to not exactly resemble this, but let's say the price bumps up to 1.4-1.6 million, and the top speed matches the price of a super car. the hakuchou drag im not sure what the top speed is, but if that got a similar type buff to match the original hakuchou?  I understand the whole "oh he's on a motorcycle he can outrun the cops" deal. but if you price the motorcycles that would have a higher top end speed, to match that with super cars, i mean wouldnt that be the exact same scenario? other than motorcycles get like 15kg cargo space, and the cars would get the normal 25kg.  Idk just tossing the idea out there let me know what you guys think.

• Like 1

Why not just make all car, cop cars too, top out at 75-mph since that's the max speed limit and there is no reason to go any faster. lol

Honestly anybody who travels faster then 120-mph on a public road is Failing to value their life. And IMO should receive a ban. IDK how fast the lot of player have gone IRL, mine is 137-mph on a drag strip in a none road legal drag car....... not on a public road, and it scared the shit out of me and i don't want to ever do it again. (I can not confirm if I pee'd a little)

So lets keep that in mind when we ask for vehicles to go faster. My $0.02 

Edited by Merr Kahn

well running from the cops at excessive speeds for a legit reason and not because it's a video game is fine. But id like to say that 90% of the people who run from cops on a bike have no reason to other then they can. On top of that they normally come right back to do it again.

But getting back to the topic, it's about simple top speed for fun, that's cool and all. But you need to value your life. 

Edited by Merr Kahn

32 minutes ago, Merr Kahn said:

IDK how fast the lot of player have gone IRL, mine is 137-mph on a drag strip in a none road legal drag car....... not on a public road, and it scared the shit out of me and i don't want to ever do it again. (I can not confirm if I pee'd a little)

mine is a little bit over 150mph (245km/h) on a public road in the middle of the night lol, it was fun but same time scary, wouldn't do it again tho. But I definitely see your point but there are many people who drive over 120mph with their bikes on public roads.

1 minute ago, Johan | ynzx_ said:

But I definitely see your point but there are many people who drive over 120mph with their bikes on public roads.

As long as they are a registered organ donor i have no issues with their life chooses, as long as they don't crash into me.

(True story) Had a smart kid in high school (4.0 gpa), He got T-boned in the drivers door at an intersection by a bike going 120+, it killed him on impact. biker died too. so it's not just your life that you need to value. 

When I see discussions like this I feel compelled to remind you that Badlands is an RP server and that the cars are not the main focus.  While the devs are listening to feedback and constantly tweaking the cars, they are the way they are for balance.  I'd rather dev time be spent on in game RP mechanics rather than making my car go so fast I can't even bother talking...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I agree with mostly everything you guys are saying the only problem is I don't want to spend the next 3 months testing and tweaking every single GTA vehicle so it's realistic to it's real life counterpart. Like Tiller said it has to take somewhat of a backseat at the moment being that we're a small RP server. Just like the last handling file we had when the server started we had to tweak vehicles individually over time as it was easiest given the amount of work it takes. These changes that are occurring lately are more of a foundation to start from from here on out. Our old handling had a lot of problems within the file that we needed to rectify hence the new changes.

But to answer your original post @Maple Moose I may go back and check the hakuchou when I get time and make sure there's no obvious issues with it. However the issue we ran into when recently updating these vehicles (that are already in badlands) is that raising the price would cause people who already own these vehicles (for their previous cheaper prices) to be able to sell them back and make 3x the profit. If we made the hakuchou 1.4-1.6 mil right now and it's previous price was 382k anyone could make potentially 600-700k depending on where the new price landed if they owned it before the price change. That's something we are trying to avoid. Also about high end motorcycles being the same as high end supercars the issue with motorcycles is that they're more nimble and smaller in size so they're easier to elude PD, not to mention you guys can't pit them so there needs to be some sort of balancing with that vehicle class. I appreciate the feedback though and hopefully in time we can find a common ground that everyone can agree with.

Edited by Osk
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Merr Kahn said:

Why not just make all car, cop cars too, top out at 75-mph since that's the max speed limit and there is no reason to go any faster. lol

Honestly anybody who travels faster then 120-mph on a public road is Failing to value their life. And IMO should receive a ban. IDK how fast the lot of player have gone IRL, mine is 137-mph on a drag strip in a none road legal drag car....... not on a public road, and it scared the shit out of me and i don't want to ever do it again. (I can not confirm if I pee'd a little)

So lets keep that in mind when we ask for vehicles to go faster. My $0.02 

I owned a single turbo Supra and now a 2002 Corvette, and I regularly hit 130-140mph late evenings, early early mornings. You can ask @speed, that Supra was no joke.

Some people have a heavy foot, that's a given. Going 120 on the highway is not entirely unrealistic. Going 120 through Legion Square is.

Edited by BrandonM
  • Like 1

I appreciate the feedback. Fastest I've gone was on my Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R and I loved going faster than the posted speed limits on the highways. It gave me a free feeling. I hit 220km/h (135mph). I understand the issues of people trying to get financial gain if the prices jumped like that and I agree with you there @Osk. I just thought since the addition of the BMW police bike maybe some tweaks could be made. However I also agree that there are more important things to work on as I'm guessing the roadmap for badlands is full with new things. Like I said I appreciate all the feedback.

1 hour ago, D. Torretto said:

20,000+ players = small

How many are active though? Definitely not 20k.

i would say that bike definitely needs a buff, even if it’s only up to 160-170mph range on flat road. As far as value of life I know plenty of people who regularly hit 170+ on their bikes 

17 hours ago, Osk said:

I agree with mostly everything you guys are saying the only problem is I don't want to spend the next 3 months testing and tweaking every single GTA vehicle so it's realistic to it's real life counterpart. Like Tiller said it has to take somewhat of a backseat at the moment being that we're a small RP server. Just like the last handling file we had when the server started we had to tweak vehicles individually over time as it was easiest given the amount of work it takes. These changes that are occurring lately are more of a foundation to start from from here on out. Our old handling had a lot of problems within the file that we needed to rectify hence the new changes.

But to answer your original post @Maple Moose I may go back and check the hakuchou when I get time and make sure there's no obvious issues with it. However the issue we ran into when recently updating these vehicles (that are already in badlands) is that raising the price would cause people who already own these vehicles (for their previous cheaper prices) to be able to sell them back and make 3x the profit. If we made the hakuchou 1.4-1.6 mil right now and it's previous price was 382k anyone could make potentially 600-700k depending on where the new price landed if they owned it before the price change. That's something we are trying to avoid. Also about high end motorcycles being the same as high end supercars the issue with motorcycles is that they're more nimble and smaller in size so they're easier to elude PD, not to mention you guys can't pit them so there needs to be some sort of balancing with that vehicle class. I appreciate the feedback though and hopefully in time we can find a common ground that everyone can agree with.

Question on the profit. Is it possible to make the selling based off the purchase price, and not the current listed price? That would solve a lot of that issue. I assume maybe no or you would have done it already.

11 hours ago, Dkas10 said:

How many are active though? Definitely not 20k.

How many are active? Enough to fill up 2 servers with a queue of 6+ on a weekend when noone is working. So yeah a lot are active. This is no small community, player cap doesnt limit the community either, its just an obstacle that will be out of the way sure enough pretty soon.

17 hours ago, D. Torretto said:

20,000+ players = small

Small dev team @D. Torretto. I'm aware of how many unique players we have.

@Maple Moose Yeah with the new bmw police bike it does change some things, I'm just waiting to hear from Tiller and other senior PD who use it to let me know how it's been going in comparison to other motorcycles on the road in badlands. Keep me updated though if there's anything else you see, I'm always open to suggestions.

Edited by Osk
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Osk said:

Yeah with the new bmw police bike it does change some things, I'm just waiting to hear from Tiller and other senior PD who use it to let me know how it's been going in comparison to other motorcycles on the road in badlands. Keep me updated though if there's anything else you see, I'm always open to suggestions.

I've used it few times and it really handles well, never really didn't pay attention to the speed and acceleration but if I remember right it's a little bit faster or around the same with Double T that I have.