Loitering in Legion Square

Since the last update the server got really good and more players joined which is really cool but there is one problem. The queue is now almost inevitable but whenever I get in the server I always see 5-8 peoples just standing in legion square and not doing anything. This is really annoying because it takes sometimes 30min to get in the server and these people who are not doing anything could be traded for players who come in the city to rp and not just talk. I mean if these people want to talk they could just go on discord and not take all these  spaces in the server. Anyways long story short it would be great if admin could maybe create a rule where people cant stay in the square doing nothing and if they don't respect the rule maybe they could get kicked?

Sorry for the bad English I'm French.

• Like 3

Welcome @jason bell! Unfortunately there will be no rule, because this is a light RP server, most players enjoy it the way it is. It doesn't mean you can't proper RP here, but you will just have to accept that many players here are just chilling or doing crazy stuff. I suggest you stick to what you would like to do and maybe it will inspire other players to join you.

I wouldn't say to Institute a rule where people can't just stand around at Legion Square in the sense we make it vrchat in the GTA world. Funny thing about this is, a lot of people still hang out in a Discord chat while standing right next to each other at Legion Square. Just my personal opinion, but to me standing around Legion square and a talking through an avatar is not light RP. It's no RP and it generally devolves into chaos way too quickly. I think it's mainly up to the community to notice when this type of thing is happening and start dispersing.

• Like 2

A lot of these issues (including the queue) will be alleviated if and when fivem increases the player cap. Until then we can't force players to not hang out and "loiter" in places they like to hang out if it isn't breaking any rules. If hanging out in legion and spending time with their friends in Los Santos is what brings people back to our server and it doesn't directly disrupt anyone else's experience then I see no reason to change that. 

• Like 2

Jason has a point. I have been on this server a little over a week now. Sometimes you can go hours without seeing anyone, but when you drive past Legion there are 10 people standing around.

Feels like playing with half a server sometimes. 

Edited by RobSerious
  • Like 1

Nothing will be changed, you make a rule about Legion and people will just move to another location. If you don't like how Legion is, my best recommendation is to just stay away from it and try to find RP else where within the city. :)

Change has to come from within the community, and I don't see that happening any time soon.

Edited by Bret Prozekt [2475]
  • Like 2

I don't know I could be wrong here but I think maybe what he might be trying to say is the queue is long and people in-game at legion might be AFK and to set a time limit that there AFK and auto kick them??

6 hours ago, Osk said:

A lot of these issues (including the queue) will be alleviated if and when fivem increases the player cap

Maybe, but most likely we will be down to 1 server then and will still be a queue for people to get in.

Edited by Thorgs

3 hours ago, SneakyAzShiite said:

It is 1000000 times better than the rampant problems when the courthouse was a hangout. I don't think it is a problem for people to congregate into a specific area as long as it isn't creating problems and negative experiences for others.

Oh the good old times when there used to be a hospital next to city hall and city hall was the hangout spot and all the new players who joined started over there :D

Most of the time it was something like this:

tenor.gif

10 hours ago, Thorgs said:

I don't know I could be wrong here but I think maybe what he might be trying to say is the queue is long and people in-game at legion might be AFK and to set a time limit that there AFK and auto kick them??

Maybe, but most likely we will be down to 1 server then and will still be a queue for people to get in.

that is exaclty my point

11 hours ago, Thorgs said:

Higher pop means more people will be in the server thus theoretically less people waiting in the queue. I haven't heard any talk of only having one server because of the pop cap increasing. I don't see why that would be the case.