Community Day?

dK_

I was thinking one day, maybe some of the admins could get together and do an entire server cycle, preferably on both servers of just random events. It could be a situation were everyone with beef in game, there seems to be a lot of it lately, could just drop it and have some fun and get to know each other better. I've been spending alot of time with someone that alot of people (allegedly) have an issue with and we have met and talked with these people and realized it was just misunderstandings or people spreading fake information. I get it that a lot of it is in RP, but then at times it has felt like it has gone past that. I feel like having something like this where the whole community could just drop the RP beef for a day and actually get to know people would give people an opportunity to adjust RP situations in a more positive direction and make everyone's time in the city more enjoyable as a whole. Thoughts?

• Like 3

I really like the idea, it'd probably be a bit of a struggle to have a whole day planned out but sounds doable. And lots of fun :) 

Regarding the underlying reason for wanting to do such an event... That day we had a #friendshipcircle was awesome, honestly. Everyone was mature and adult, understanding and open. I have not had all pleasant interactions like that when I've tried to do this out of the game to discuss something that was perhaps a misunderstanding. I've been talked down to, name-called, whatever. In that kind of situation, I don't think anything can solve it. This person doesn't WANT to. So, does the event you're talking about sound like a possible fix to stuff that's now escalated to OOC-level problems? I don't know :( And it is very saddening to think that. But maybe? 

Not trying to put a damper on the idea, you just asked for thoughts, so :) 

• Like 1

Hmmm, I would so get behind this and help plan if this became a thing... Maybe the 1-year anniversary that's coming up guys? (Side note nothing is stopping any of us from planning this without the admins help JS)

Edited by KotaJon91
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Flori said:

Can we please make it on a weekend on a timeframe that includes also some european timezones at least? At least for like an hour or so.

Im in for helping organize it or whatever is needed :)

same here lol. Need some EU timezones in there.

Edited by George Cahill

1 hour ago, KotaJon91 said:

Hmmm, I would so get behind this and help plan if this became a thing... Maybe the 1-year anniversary that's coming up guys? (Side note nothing is stopping any of us from planning this without the admins help JS)

it being for the 1 year anniversary would be a good idea.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2018 at 2:12 AM, Richie Ticky said:

I was thinking one day, maybe some of the admins could get together and do an entire server cycle, preferably on both servers of just random events. It could be a situation were everyone with beef in game, there seems to be a lot of it lately, could just drop it and have some fun and get to know each other better. I've been spending alot of time with someone that alot of people (allegedly) have an issue with and we have met and talked with these people and realized it was just misunderstandings or people spreading fake information. I get it that a lot of it is in RP, but then at times it has felt like it has gone past that. I feel like having something like this where the whole community could just drop the RP beef for a day and actually get to know people would give people an opportunity to adjust RP situations in a more positive direction and make everyone's time in the city more enjoyable as a whole. Thoughts?

That is a good idea, just relaxing. That's one of the reasons I really enjoyed being a part of the Sanchez's wedding.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2018 at 2:27 PM, Fat Stacks said:

Taint does "fuck around Fridays" which is pretty much exactly what you're talking about. Also I've seen lots of other random events popping up recently.

Fuck around Fridays is great fun, was nice to kick back and enjoy it! will be at the next one hopefully.

MAGS