Purchasing Trailers

Wouldn't it be fun to use your 18 wheeler for more than just trucking jobs?
I suggest to implement the ability to buy a trailer in the garage, and spawn it just like a car. Give it a trunk with a couple hundred units of trunk space, and now we can haul around a trailer full of weed, tacos, what ever. This would really be a fun addition to the game.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

Well.

IF this was possible , or even a thing. I think there would have to be a restriction on what can or cannot be stored into the trailer. My only recommendation for it would be only available for business, rather than open to anyone. That way its not being excessively abused? 

I don't know, I try to give each idea a fair shake, but that's all I can think of. So I'm not totally opposed, I think it just needs a lot more thought and process to it, that again, would prevent abusive behavior, or silly situations were you see semi's at peach farms, which would be arguable not "realistic", unless Peach Farms was located elsewhere.... (Yikes), but I'm not going there, lol. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Drop said:

I don't know, I try to give each idea a fair shake, but that's all I can think of. So I'm not totally opposed, I think it just needs a lot more thought and process to it, that again, would prevent abusive behavior, or silly situations were you see semi's at peach farms, which would be arguable not "realistic", unless Peach Farms was located elsewhere.... (Yikes), but I'm not going there, lol. 

We already see the Mule box trucks up there, I think the realism of peach farming has been thrown out the window long ago.

Hmm, I've never been to the peach farms, but I will say that industrial scaled peach farming that requires a semi loaded with peaches doesn't seem too far fetched for me.

Also, maybe give the trailer the same 180kg of space? that's still a lot and having it the same as the mule so people would only choose to use a semi trailer over a mule for RP or logistics reasons such as being able to park the trailer somewhere inconspicuous, or maybe being a bit more low-key blending in with existing trucker traffic.

On 6/15/2018 at 2:17 PM, spiffy926 said:

Hmm, I've never been to the peach farms, but I will say that industrial scaled peach farming that requires a semi loaded with peaches doesn't seem too far fetched for me.

Also, maybe give the trailer the same 180kg of space? that's still a lot and having it the same as the mule so people would only choose to use a semi trailer over a mule for RP or logistics reasons such as being able to park the trailer somewhere inconspicuous, or maybe being a bit more low-key blending in with existing trucker traffic.

Visit the peach field. Then you'll know why semis would be a mess.

On 6/17/2018 at 4:59 PM, Bob Johnson said:

Visit the peach field. Then you'll know why semis would be a mess.

It is true that that would be a huge mess, it even gets packed with the Mule. However if enough people wanted this to happen, maybe a second peach field could be started in the fields around Paleto Bay or Grapeseed where there is lots of room and a farm atmosphere. for that to be worth it there could be a northern peach merchant, maybe somewhere around Sandy or a random farm that looks the part. this would increase the use of a semi and add a different type of trucking rp.

Edited by James Johnson

• 4 months later...