Patch 2.6

Serpico

5 hours ago, Jeffrey Will said:

Feel like this update will become a problem for many EMS/LSPD members in the near future. it's simply an added process which reduces reaction time on everybodies end. i do like the new ems skins though.

Not understanding what u mean by your statement?

After having played on the server with this update implemented; I can honestly say that it will reduce response time of officers/EMS and limit their reaction time under certain events. Imagine rolling up to a hostile situation, and trying to get out of your car - only to be prompted with a "must remove seat belt" option, then being held at gunpoint. Another simple fact is that 90% of the deaths (18 deaths by the way) earlier today were accountable all towards the seat belt issue, 40% of those individuals (rounded off.) were from motorcycle accidents that didn't even involve cars, and a smaller, but still reasonably high percentage of these deaths were due to people in passenger seats of cars, who simply fell out and died for no reason (Other than not wearing a seat belt.) I myself have tested driving without a seatbelt, i got knocked out for no reason. I decided to test this in the passenger seat, and fell out randomly (No wrecks occurring) and died at a speed rate of about 70 on the freeway. This update..in a nutshell is problematic. I do not like it. And it's mainly due to the seat belt implementation. Not because of anything else. I do not like this update.

12 minutes ago, Flori said:

Another nerf? seriously? You say people keep abusing these vehicles, well what about the people that dont? just let them win those police chases please, who cares?

Thank you @Osk for the skins.

police hav to win m8 what you on about?

• Haha 3

I'm actually with her on this one. All it takes to catch a bike is another LSPD on a bike. Bikes are now completely screwed for everybody. And it feels really bad to see this. I remember biker gangs ETC that were really interesting to RP with, and the majority of them will now cease to exist because of this. Being a bike lover myself - i've sold my bike. And also i've never ran from LSPD using my bike. Maybe it's got something to do with being a cop myself, but still..

Seatbelts might be annoying to use at start but I feel like it will become muscule memory sooner or later. Just like locking or powering off engine on cars. I kinda like the idea of them, but needs more testing to see how it will turn out in longer run.

As for motorbikes. It is a great shame that it has come to this. For those who do not use bikes for getaways or crime, it feels like a major punishment. The feel how your vehicle or bike handles and runs is very important when you driving around and as of right now it feels ghastly. Now that because of bad apples whole community has to carry the consequences of their actions.

Going to quote Jeffery Will here. "All it takes to catch a bike is another LSPD on a bike." this applies even in real life. Police were given bikes of their own and one of them even looks sooooo freaking cool... *cough* sorry. So I just cannot endorse this change at all. I would look more into why people do chose bikes as their crime vehicle over cars (apart from current reason: ez to escape). Perhaps police car vehicles are just too good to try excape in civilian car. So it is forcing criminals to pick bikes. Dunno. *shrugs*

Edited by Victor
  • Like 1

Have to agree with you there. I don't think this Nerf was necessary honestly.... :(

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Will said:

I'm actually with her on this one. All it takes to catch a bike is another LSPD on a bike. Bikes are now completely screwed for everybody. And it feels really bad to see this. I remember biker gangs ETC that were really interesting to RP with, and the majority of them will now cease to exist because of this. Being a bike lover myself - i've sold my bike. And also i've never ran from LSPD using my bike. Maybe it's got something to do with being a cop myself, but still..

• Sad 1

I see your point guys. And i for one do like the idea behind the seat belt feature being implemented - my problem, however - is more to do so with the delay before it's actually going to let you out of the car, not just the muscle memory - as well as the bugs behind it. Nobody should "fall out" of a car from a speed bump and die, because they aren't wearing a seat belt... I feel like it's just way too sensitive and out of control at the current time. With adjustments to this, I'd welcome the change. However, with how glitchy it currently is - i feel like it's a problem. Also, I feel like it isn't necessary to have to take it off before getting out of the car, it's basically a slap in the face. Who tries to get out of their car without the seat belt being taken off? I feel like if it was a toggle option to turn on, and didn't require using it again to take it off, it'd be better. It's common sense. The delay between getting out is a pain in the A**. Perhaps i should consider joining the test team for matters like this because this delay, as well as people dying from falling out over small things isn't really acceptable in my honest opinion (Not that one persons opinion really matters.) it's just my 0.02$. 

As far as it comes to the bikes - it renders LSPD bikes to be completely useless (Unless they were unaffected.) In which case, they will not be needed anymore. I'm not a corp so i wouldn't know if they were affected or not. But this is a huge nut buster to anybody who loves motorcycles. It affects gangs, personality traits, characteristics and so on. Many peoples character personas are created behind being a part of a "motor cycle gang" as was mine in past RP scenarios. Friends typically group up and do this together because it's fun, and it's also nice to be able to travel around and just enjoy the view. Now it's basically a self opted challenge of avoiding every little thing, including curbs, birds, wolves, mountain lions, other cars, garbage cans, mail boxes, awkward bumps (on paved roads, and on dirt.) as well as cats, dogs, and the matrix issue where cars suddenly appear out of nowhere, as well as de-sync. This isn't the entire list. The list is below.

Everything can knock you off of your bike.

Bikes do not have seatbelts

you can simply fall through your bike for no reason and scratch your face on the pavement.

Drive safely. Good luck.

As someone who had to spend around a million finding a bike that I like and drives correctly, I honestly feel like I'm being screwed with on a personal level... I had a bobber that wouldn't turn or brake for anything, so I sold it and bought the gargoyle , and now I got roughly the same handling as the aforementionned bobber on a bike 3 times the price. Why punish everyone when obviously this is due to a very small percentage of people? Not to mention that I bet both hands and knees that said people only use the Carbon RS because it's OP for the price it's sold at. This is a public server, there will ALWAYS be griefers because of it being unrestricted access. Nerfing everything that sticks out won't stop any of the griefing, but with time it sure will push away regulars that will eventually get tired of having things stripped away from them just because of a few people that most likely won't stay for long anyway.

+ if I recall correctly, cops have cars that go well over 180 (while our cars simply don't unless you have a supercar), helicopters and bikes that go well over 160 (while our bikes go 140 max) as well, it should be more than enough to catch anyone on  any bike. This coupled to the fact that bikes can barely go 5mn full speed without running dry on gas (and spikes, cops have spikes too...).

TL;DR: suppressing more and more stuff won't solve anything, it will just push the good people away and we'll be left only with the griefers and shitlords.

Thank you for reading my 2 cents.

Kassad /Kurt Ziegler.

Edited by Kassad31
  • Like 2