lspd laws

tommy tacos

You keep mentioning the same hing, and we keep answering you. I don’t understand how you aren’t understanding it. I mentioned the rules of off-roading and most traffic stuff in a previous post in this thread, meaning that you are now educated on it. All other laws are in the server rules and civilian rights forums. What else are you not understanding that is not listed in those three locations? I’ll be more than happy to do my best to explain them to you so you can be educated on the matter at hand. 

As for cops using laws against their friends and letting them off, that’s not particularly true. It’s about cooperativity. If you cooperate with the police in a respectful manner, they are more likely to let you go than not. If you feel like you have seen something that violates that in favor of something more closely related to favoritism, then please fill out and IA report and it will be dealt with accordingly. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, tommy tacos said:

ok george thats my point what are the laws based on where did they come from i know youll say we wrote them thats where they came from but what  im asking is if the laws are not based off US law then most people here will have no clue what the laws are oh yea we get the dont kill or make drugs but what about traffic laws  or basic human rights like if a cop clears legion and we walk across the street then we left legion but cops still try to make us leave there as well but we did as the asked and cleared legion

All traffic laws are explained during the `Introduction` for your drivers test.

15 minutes ago, fireman3431 said:

why not cops use them towards their friend advantage.  I i have seen cops let their friends go for something they just throwed the book at on another player. 

Ok this is not the US, what country are the laws  based off of?

If you see an officer doing this please create a IA report against that player.

thier is a diffence in the civilan rights and the laws the peolice use in game and the drivers test does not explain all the laws the cops use in game they allso dont explain what the laws really are  past killing and drugs  like running from the cops  or fighting like if i fight a person when do the cops charge  people with attmped murder in most cases or of you hit a cop its attemed murder every time like ive said many times before the laws the people can read and the laws the cops use are not the same the police laws they use are more then is posted  but have already have your mind made up and will not open it to make the rp better in this city

1st this is a Role Play server. Role Play is imitation of life not a replica. 2nd , most of the Laws are posted on the website and also your  driving test. If you feel that you are being treated unfairly you cal always put in a AI report and have someone higher up have a look. 

As stated previously, not all laws are as easy to understood as just by reading them. All officers go through many many hours of training by many different higher ranking staff of the LSPD. 

If this was a duplicate of any country the laws would be so complex that no ONE would know ALL the laws as this is also the case in every country as we currently stand. IE speciality lawyers. 

I haven't read through the entire thread but I'll give you a simple answer... I'd rather you RP out your crimes than argue a document.  If we post the entire ticket guidebook it'll be a focus on what I'm charging you with rather than a discussion of wh you did the crime.  Honestly I could give 2 shits about the charges in the guide book, i'm just trying to build a story and have zero interest in the type of rp that is just bickering over bits and bytes.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 6/20/2018 at 5:32 PM, tommy tacos said:

not all the laws the cops use on us are in those sections off roading is not in those sections if so tell me what section its in like in most citys in the US the speed limit is 35 mph in the city but the cops here say its 50 mph where does it tell that i took the driving test it dont a cop said it but other cops will write you a tickit if your running 50 mph in the city as for we wouldnt understand with out training what you do with laws i think what im asking for is a basic page with city laws most people would understand those  and it would make rp better when you interduse lawyers so they can fight the charges not just try to reduse the fine or time you serve

The speed limit for both city roads and highways/freeways was listed in the driving test.

Edited by James Johnson

On 6/20/2018 at 4:56 PM, tommy tacos said:

a lot of cases make the rp better with lawers being part of the rp they would need the laws as well

Well if you read the civilian rights on lawyers:

Lawyer

1.  You may request to have a lawyer present whenever you have at least one Felony charge against you.
  2. A lawyer can RP down a Felony ticket to a pardon (Jail time, Restitution, and Fines).
  3. It is at the officer's discretion in whether they want to approve the request to be represented by a lawyer.
  4. The police officer will only reach out to contact your lawyer and request their presence at the station.
  5. The lawyer must be dressed professionally and meet at HQ and consent to be searched prior to seeing their client.
  6. “Time served” in police custody does not apply when a player requests a lawyer to represent them.