Putting your hands up and down in critical RP situations(and more faults)

Majekman

The mindset of the LSPD has to win is not a one sided thing. Everyone has had that mindset. You are not restricted because you are civ, EMS or LSPD. People get upset when it happens and it's a server issue. This is not a singular issue with one faction. I've seen it so many times that a civ is being held up and they fight back, Back in the day i remember many times EMS fighting back. Now i know we are speaking of current situations but my feeling is we need to stop with this EMS and LSPD bickering back and forth. RP needs to be organic and shouldn't be the first person that pulls a gun wins. I try to lead by my role-play when on duty. I strive to show people winning is not everything no matter what faction or status they are. I don't think i achieve that every shift but i hope that i can slowly show people even if it's one person at a time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Storrent said:

Make up your mind, is my life in danger or not?

I can't believe after emphasizing it so many times i still have to explain this. A criminal's only tool in a hostile situation is to put a gun to your head. But that doesn't necessarily mean that he/she intends to hurt you, you can ... you know ... comply and let the RP play out. Maybe they just want clean passage, no need to shoot someone just yet. That seems to be the case in the OP as well. They just wanted to get away with their buddy, not to kill every single officer on scene. So in conclusion i would say that in that scenario (and the ones i was mentioning before) the officers life were not necessary in danger, because they were told only to put their hands up and let them escape. 

Its an ongoing battle Police Officers every day put there lives on the line and if an opportunity presents itself a trained Officer will act upon it even if it means risking there own life to save another. Really what it boils down too is the criminal when the situation doesn't go his way then this argument comes out. First, we get the delay in the gun from shooting now that someone put their hands down too fast and defended themselves, criminals want a delay in putting the hands down whats it gonna to be next? and then next?? and so on when the tables get turned on the aggressor. This won't be that last time this argument is brought forth. And it is not about " I must win " cause Officers make split-second decisions all the time.

Edited by Thorgs
  • Like 4

It's not talking to a wall it's a matter of people simply don't agree.  Anton I get what you are saying, I just don't agree with it.  It's that simple.  What happened in the OP was ok per the server rules.  We are working on more features to help with this type of situation.  I'm not sure when they'll be out but they will be and hopefully we can find the middle ground between a victim defending themselves and an aggressor who's hopefully trying to actually RP a good scenario.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Drop said:

Each officer has been in plenty of situations were force wasn't used in return. Only the bad is being presented, not the good, and there's plenty of good that can be talked about. 

So true, Think of every time you speed through the city, or run over a local, sell some drugs, or kick a cat.

You don't get shot by a cop every time, probably only like 5%.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anton I know what you mean, having a weapon out to control a situation. 

Like with a hostel player, you might pull a gun, with no intention of shooting them, but maybe just to get them to stop and listen. 

Or were you see a buddy in cuffs and you pull a gun on the cop, you may only be threatening with no true violent intentions. It happens IRL. 

However in character, intentions are not always known.

Some player are very clear with intentions from the start, "I'm not going to hurt you, just do as i say".

However a lot of players hide it, (unintentionally with a winning attitude) and act like your best friend. Or just curious as to what is happening. 

Then end up being hostel once you let your guard down. As if they are playing a spy game.  

This is why in large groups or with characters I don't trust to be non-hostel, I will have my taser or lethal out and ready.

This is the same thing you are talking about. I have no wish to use it, the weapon is merely a show of force. 

But as an LEO I have the right to show and point a firearm/taser during any official stop, questioning, or during a riot/protest.  

Civilians don't have that right, If you point that firearm at someone that's, (minimum), Threats of Assault with a deadly. Were lethal force is now authorized, but not mandatory. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So in wrapping up, what is being asked for here is for players, Civ Vs. Civ and Civ Vs. Cop to give a little more time? 

Once already in a hostile scene to hear out what going on?

Like in a store robbery, we don't show up and immediately start shooting even if they have a gun. We take time to listen, ask questions, and gauge hostility, before making a move. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I for one have and will continue to try to improve RP and create an environment were divers RP can happen. I normally wait till the suspect shoots before I shoot back

Edited by Merr Khan
  • Like 3

• 3 years later...