Lost MC Jackets

Kota

@speed hey, i really wanna try and Bump this again, since alot of MC is starting to roll in the City`s, The Lost MC is starting to get more and more out there, and it would be so amazing if we could have a way for others in the city to know who we are, also since there is so many ppl who wants to join once they find out that there is someone running The Lost, we just have no way of showing who we are, we have gotten some Angels Of Death in the city too now, and they have colors they can roll with, everyone knows that the AOD is running Red and Black bikes/outfits. The Lost have nothing really, i really wanna plead to the Devs and ask them if it would be posible to get even just a decal we could throw on our cuts.. it would boost the RP for the MC sooo insanly much!, also from what im seeing is that The Lost is a Lore friendly MC, its something that has always been in GTA, just like The Vagos and ballers, we just have no way of showing who we are a part of, and i know it can ofc be RPèd out by telling other players, but it would be nice not having to tell every person you meet what group your from. Hope you guys will look this over, and Thanks for your time!. MajorB / Fillip Valentine. President of The Lost MC

Edited by MAjorB
  • Like 6

I wish the decals worked.  There is already a bunch of logos from the game in.  Though I honestly have always wished they have had logos that you could make custom.  I been using a logo for the Saints and we made one for the AoD.

https://imgur.com/a/QfUnoOH       - AoD

https://imgur.com/a/KTIOKes       -  Saints

Edited by BlackMagic0

The worry that I think speed is trying to express is that this clothing item (and any other gang-specific clothing) would only be used by a handful of people, given that "the Lost MC" is considered a gang, and only so many people should be active within a gang at a time.

Let's say that you are the leader of the MC, Kota (not sure if you are or not), and you spotted someone donning your jacket that you know was not in your gang. Not only would they become affiliated with you and potentially give you a bad rep if they did something you wouldn't, but you would likely then go after them just as any normal gang members would when they see someone wearing their uniform that is not part of their group.

This immediately is creating a hostile situation that likely isn't going to play out well. Both sides want to claim territory for something that... neither really can, but both feel entitled to. Are you prepared to have someone encroach on your RP like this all because of the identifiers on a jacket?

The only way I see devs implementing any kind of gang-specific clothing is if there is a solution around these 2 particular problems, which at the moment I can only see being 1. all gangs (Vagos, AOD, Lost MC, etc) are whitelisted, 2. Current clothing options weren't already so limited and putting the rest of the entire server at a disadvantage of options due to gangs being given special options that others cannot access/use.

Neither of these are viable options.

• Like 1

Again I just said before I give up on asking for them to replace the jackets as speed made a ton of sense in his response of it not being fair removing or replacing clothing... But fixing the broken decals it takes nothing from anyone as no one currently is using them since they're broke and maybe replacing some of the decals with the lore friendly gang or motorcycle club ones. That would be something that doesn't really hurt nor take anything from anybody but gives those wanting to properly be associated with those gangs/clubs the ability to do so without being questioned by cops or civs that they don't belong to said faction due to not being able to rep the look. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kota Taylor said:

Again I just said before I give up on asking for them to replace the jackets as speed made a ton of sense in his response of it not being fair removing or replacing clothing... But fixing the broken decals it takes nothing from anyone as no one currently is using them since they're broke and maybe replacing some of the decals with the lore friendly gang or motorcycle club ones. That would be something that doesn't really hurt nor take anything from anybody but gives those wanting to properly be associated with those gangs/clubs the ability to do so without being questioned by cops or civs that they don't belong to said faction due to not being able to rep the look. 

I've actually been working on some clothing stuff. I wouldn't be opposed to adding a decal for you guys, but the issue I've noticed, at least with the clothes themselves, is that the "broken" options can't be replaced. I'm assuming the same is true for decals. So we're kind of stuck in the same position as before.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@speed hey man, i know we have ben riding this tree for a good long time, i just wanna show you what it is that we are talking about,

and again by the Cops.

The lost have been trying to use the same cut to stand out. but this is what we get when we try and rep our MC

Edited by MAjorB
  • Like 4

If I was running around wearing yellow and black, I would fully expect the Vagos to approach me and tell me to change, especially if I was giving them a bad rap. This is one group usurping a whole color, not just a single vest. Same with purple for the Ballers, same with a lot of gangs and a lot of other colors. Hostile interactions have happened and will continue to happen as gangs try to maintain their rep in the city, as well as trying to keep their gangs clear of any admin action. I don't see this as bad RP at all. Its up to everyone involved to decide if they can come to an agreement with violence or without. But defending one's turf and one's honor through the colors they wear is so much better gun violence than half the shit I've seen happen in the city. People shooting each other over someone bumping into their car, someone going off for a misunderstood comment, hot heads freaking out when a friend of theirs is called a name. These, to me, seem petty in comparison. The Lost MC tries very hard to follow the gang rules and not have more than 4 during hostilities. If someone not in The Lost is wearing the one single item of clothing that we have chosen to rep our club and the admins see a total of 5 wearing the same thing, then who gets in trouble but The Lost? We're not asking for a whole color, just a single vest or decal.

And a big problem is that, as MajorB has shown in the clips, no one really takes us seriously because we don't have a patch. Most people in the city know what a biker club is supposed to look like and act like either from TV shows, movies, or other games. No patches means no respect. I haven't really seen any of this type of behavior happen when the Vagos rep their signature yellow. No one claims their not real Vagos because of what they're wearing. It kinda screws with our RP when we want to be taken seriously as a biker club staying true to the lore of GTA. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, ValkyrieBlu said:

This is one group usurping a whole color, not just a single vest.

The difference is we didn't have to add custom clothing to the server for them to do that. You need to understand that our hesitation to add these items is not because we're worried about you monopolizing biker gangs, it's because of the precedent that will be set if we add custom clothing for a group - others will expect the same privilege.

21 hours ago, ValkyrieBlu said:

And a big problem is that, as MajorB has shown in the clips, no one really takes us seriously because we don't have a patch. Most people in the city know what a biker club is supposed to look like and act like either from TV shows, movies, or other games. No patches means no respect. I haven't really seen any of this type of behavior happen when the Vagos rep their signature yellow. No one claims their not real Vagos because of what they're wearing. It kinda screws with our RP when we want to be taken seriously as a biker club staying true to the lore of GTA. 

I can't offer sympathy for a limitation you put on yourselves. Lost apparel has never been an option, yet you chose to roleplay as that group anyways. This is something that should have been considered before you established yourselves, rather than expecting the server to change to suit your group's RP. And this goes back to the core issue - while I'm not opposed to making change to support RP, if we do it for you, we have to do it for everyone.

So that said, you guys aren't going to be getting a patch at this time. And if/when it becomes an option, it will come at a price.

14 hours ago, speed said:

Lost apparel has never been an option, yet you chose to roleplay as that group anyways.

We may have chosen to RP as a group knowing we would be without the patches etc, but this case stands for any MC club weather it be lore friendly or not. As I said, most people have seen Sons of Anarchy and know what the difference is between no patch and a patch, which is why we are disrespected and made as jokes so often. There are other MC's popping up, some lore friendly, some not, that I'm sure will also deal with this same problem. Us choosing a lore friendly club just means it would be easier to find suitable mods for decals and clothing. We're not asking for a brand-new, custom-made patch as you make it sound like. Just maybe that the decal section, which goes widely unused, could be attempted to fix and Lost patches implemented. 

I understand that all we can do is ask, and as the developer and owner it is completely within your rights to say no. We just want you to see that it really does effect our roleplay, and the addition of it would make a huge difference in how people roleplay along side us.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, speed said:

I can't offer sympathy for a limitation you put on yourselves. Lost apparel has never been an option, yet you chose to roleplay as that group anyways.

I respect the hell out of you @speed But this sorta pisses me off a bit. Lets just not even talk about the patches thing for a second. But as a owner of a roleplay server you're gonna sit there and say trying to do new things for roleplay deserves us to be heckled and messed with. And you have no sympathy for others shitting on our roleplay. I get we choose to roleplay the lost and if you don't want to support it whatever you never have liked "gang" roleplay and the server is a cop server I get it... But the way that statement comes off is just wrong. People know the limitation we have and purposely go out of their way to point it out to get under our skin. And I am honestly tired of it. It makes me want to just throw up my hands and say fuck it and give up on the roleplay.  

16 hours ago, speed said:

And if/when it becomes an option, it will come at a price.

It will come at a price? What the hell does that even mean? This honestly concerns me how that is worded.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ValkyrieBlu said:

We're not asking for a brand-new, custom-made patch as you make it sound like. Just maybe that the decal section, which goes widely unused, could be attempted to fix and Lost patches implemented. 

You are though, that’s the issue. Lost patches aren’t missing - they aren’t available in the first place. So any patch we add would in essence be “custom”, because we will have to make our own decals based around existing graphics, placement, etc. That takes work.

1 hour ago, Kota Taylor said:

But as a owner of a roleplay server you're gonna sit there and say trying to do new things for roleplay deserves us to be heckled and messed with.

Let’s not twist my words, that’s not what I said in the slightest. You decided to RP a specific group, knowing that there was nothing available to make yourself look official. You can’t expect everyone else to understand that. So when you get aggressive towards someone for wearing “your colors” knowing they’re under the same limitations you are, I don’t have sympathy for you being called out on it.

1 hour ago, Kota Taylor said:

It will come at a price? What the hell does that even mean? This honestly concerns me how that is worded.

It means exactly what it sounds like. Our dev time is valuable and I have no intention of spending all of it creating custom patches for every new gang that pops up. I’m willing to spend some time supporting strong RP groups on the server, but if I’m going to invest my time in your group specifically, I expect you to make a time investment back into the server as well. The requirements are still in the air, but that’s how it’s going to work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, speed said:

I’m willing to spend some time supporting strong RP groups on the server, but if I’m going to invest my time in your group specifically, I expect you to make a time investment back into the server as well. The requirements are still in the air, but that’s how it’s going to work.

To me this Is more than we've gotten before, I do hate for us to have to fight for this one so hard and it has sucked. Some of us feel more passionate than others and it shows through. So much RP has been invested in this group, But I can say I am grateful that at least there is hope. I respect how much work and time is put into every single thing that has gone into the server. I know that you guys dont have to, but you do it for us anyway. I am always willing to help and or invest in anything for the server regardless of it being for our RP group specifically or not. I know the jackets/patches is something that we want real bad and if I can provide anything or help to make this easier I would. I am a passionate Role-player and I hate to get our RP shun down because we don't look a certain way or have proof of what we represent, that is messed up. So I will say if you do make this happen for us I will be forever grateful and if it doesn't well it will suck and maybe eventually we'll get tired of being called out for not having the Lost cuts and move on. But I am still here as many of us are and I don't plan to go anywhere else BL has been a big part of my RP for a long time.  So thank you for even considering it and giving us that bit of hope. 

Edited by Missladee
  • Like 2