Fist Fight's - Click Delay

vDrop

Quick thought, is there a was to stop the punch spam? Can we put a 1+ sec delay on punching so as to force more realistic fighting Vs. OP power gaming spam triple punching?

To be involved in, or to watch a fight, lasting less then 2 sec is not really interesting, fun, or conducive to RP. Especially when you can hear the button mashing through VOIP.

It may just be my opinion, but fights should involved circling, dodging, shit talking, a couple punches, and then finally someone wins. Not this "must win" attitude that I have seen way too much of. 

Not sure if it can be done, but I feel as though less then 0.1% of the server pop can handle not spamming the punch when fighting, the rest need it forcefully removed.  

• Like 6

I'm all for this addition if I can be done. As Merr said the "must win" mentality needs to have some forcefull additions put in place to verge the community in the right direction. As bad as the GTA fight system is there is that ability to dodge, counter and such. But I feel there is a large portion of the community that may not even know how to use that correctly. Possibly a small guide posted, could be a start.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to add something to this. After the fighting matches that Serena hosted a few days ago, it was made even more apparent that the way that melee combat is currently is not ideal. Basically anybody not in Canada/US are at a disadvantage when it comes to dodging punches due to latency. Once somebody gets that first punch in they are almost guaranteed to win a fight if they spam click. Adding a delay to fights would help combat this and honestly I think more people would be willing to have fist fights rather than gun fights in certain RP scenarios if melee combat was tweaked like this.

• Like 1

I must say I do definitely have to agree here. The way fighting works right now it doesn't work. You have these super short fights and its just button spam. Doesn't open up for any RP within the fight you just get the RP leading up to it. I personally try to avoid fist fights because the RP with pistol fights and even the fight itself 70% of the time lasts longer than fist fights.

• 1 month later...