Disappointed, Really. . .

Saja Kain

8 minutes ago, Sheev Thornberry said:

YOU would get yourself involved.

Precisely. After all, you did ask if I would get involved right before assuming I wouldn't:

3 hours ago, Sheev Thornberry said:

In real life if you saw an active scene going on where guns were drawn, would you go ahead and pull a gun and put your own life in danger if you weren't actively involved? Probably not.

You cannot use the fact that you were "in the military" as a standpoint for other's roleplay

I never used that fact for other's roleplay. Again, you were asking if I would do something. I was giving reason and a background as to why I would do something. Before replying in the implied temperament, make sure you fully comprehend the text you're replying to.

----------

13 minutes ago, Benjamin Wells said:

And I'm also sure that in reality you would calmly stand outside a bank being robbed after your life has been threatened.

15 minutes ago, Gianni Vermicelli said:

someone calmly standing outside of the bank after they just got told to leave or get shot with a gun to their head

Again, someone assuming how one individual would react. In reality, the cops were there because I called them before anyone realized I was there. I was asked to go outside. With a gun to my face I promptly followed the instructions. Nobody followed me outside, however. No gun was to my face outside. My life was no longer in danger. I was waiting for the cops to arrive on scene due to my direct report.

----------

12 minutes ago, Sheev Thornberry said:

As for seeing your "SS through walls" you were spotted fair and square by the individual who was put in place to guard each entrance.

No I wasn't. I was able to not only walk in, see the situation, but was able to turn around and get behind a wall to send a report to the police. I then went around the wall to the other side - all in cover and "out of sight" of anyone. Another individual came in and he was spotted. He was told to get out and this brought the gunman in range of my SS. He did not see me directly; there's no way he could have. I had two walls breaking line of sight. He ran around the long wall and around the corner directly to my position. The only reason he would run to that specific location was because he used my location based on my SS number. And before it's even attempted to be counter-argued, I was aware of the positions of all individuals on the floor as I instinctively assessed the situation before acting. I had multiple viewpoints as I was able to freely walk around in points of cover without any "guard" asking me to leave.

------------
------------

This is turning into argument and not a discussion. I don't particularly care to continue the argument. If you would like to continue without the imposed temperament (such as typing in all caps), then by all means do so. My position on the matter still stands. It appears that those involved have their opinion as well and is immovable. We're at an impasse.

Agreed that this clearly won't go anywhere, however, not to point fingers but I'm not the one calling someone out on a roleplay scenario that didn't go the way you wanted it to.

I've seen the clip of how you were spotted and it was legitimate. I can even show you the clip if you want. Either way, my opinion on this situation won't be budging anytime soon.

Maybe if the situation doesn't involve you, you should avoid it in future. 

13 minutes ago, Sheev Thornberry said:

Agreed that this clearly won't go anywhere, however, not to point fingers but I'm not the one calling someone out on a roleplay scenario that didn't go the way you wanted it to.

Again you have misunderstood the intent of this thread. But that's OK though. To each their own. For the record; I never once complained about how the scenario turned out. I did give a recap of the entire thing but my issue was never the result. It was how civilians interacted with LSPD in an unrealistic manner after LSPD had obvious control of the scene.

13 minutes ago, Sheev Thornberry said:

Either way, my opinion on this situation won't be budging anytime soon.

"Failure is not fatal but failure to change might be." - John Wooden

----

@speed - Could you (or another staff member) please lock this thread. It's not going to go anywhere from this point forward. You have spoken on behalf of the staff here on your position. Everything that could have possibly been said has been said.

Edited by Saja Kain

• Serena locked this topic